Super Civ Scenario

@Fredgerd - I am slowly working my way round to the missing entries. Sometimes lack of motivation and inspiration strikes. The Monster Lizard or Swarm aren't in the game. The League of Shadows is a Wonder producing the Shadow Shinobi unit.

@Fredgerd - I am slowly working my way round to the missing entries. Sometimes lack of motivation and inspiration strikes. The Monster Lizard or Swarm aren't in the game.

But, but,.....Gojira! We must have Gojira! :please:

I will start a 1.3 as some other faction soon if I can. I wanted to try the Heroes, but if Sam is already playing them I will pick someone else. Not enough hours in the day...:sad:

But, but,.....Gojira! We must have Gojira! :please:

You rang? :p

I should be able to DL this in a few days and finally give it a whirl :D

I was referring to the Monster Lizard unit, but by all means try it, I am sure you will enjoy it, since you are in the scenario!

In KA's defense, Fred, he's been waiting on some graphics from me that would've been finished by now if my computer hadn't crashed and erased them all.

No intent to criticize. I just love the scenario and would love to offer assistance in bug finding or whatever else I can help with.

I remember months ago when I was thinking to myself "I wish someone would make a superhero themed civ game". Went on the forum and found this in its announced but unreleased form. When it finally get released it exceeded expectations.

Unreleased? There's a few betas somewhere, they're funny and playable-ish so try them Fredgerd!

Hey SS fans!

Being the graphics guy on this project has unexpected requirements. Turning down requests for interviews is one; there are others. For instance, while I was putting the Decade Awards polls together, I realized that most of the other mods that had been nominated had a title page splash, that served as a sort of cover page for their mods. Well I couldn't let this mod be left behind like that, so I made up a title page for it, which actually came out pretty well, if I say so myself.

There are actually two sets of files in the Rar file. If you're playing the game from a regular Civ Conquests install, put the files named x-title and x-title buttons into the Super Scenario/Art folder. If you use Civ Complete, like I do, use the other ones.

Unfortunately, you have to start a game, then exit, choosing 'new game' in order to see it, but like I said, I think it's nifty. Here's a screenie:
Spoiler :

The image above shows a flaw that isn't actually in the file, on the left. You'll see.

'nuff said!

Attachments

• Super Scenario Title Splash.rar
    617.8 KB · Views: 142
:worship: Must… download…

Called it a model but it's really a suit/prop. Looks like the colors are the mat zones or whatever Poser calls them - giving lots of color combination possibilities for various supers.

More pictures here - plus links to free Superman, Green Lantern, etc.

Props are still models technically.

I hope this won't be considered a heinous bump. I just wanted to offer my hearty congrats to you, King Arthur, on this little beauty. And to you Balathasar for some top graphics work.

I remember, way back in the mists of time, Going Viking being one of the first scenarios I ever played and enjoying it immensely. I also remember learning much about scenario making from it. Indeed, my experience with that very much spurred me on to make my own. Then you blew my mind (ok, maybe that's a bit too strong) with your zombie scenarios. Awesome gaming experience you gave us with those. And now this. Really, you are to be commended on your ideas and choice of subject matter. Inspired is the word.

Life has been kind to me during my, shall we say, 'sabbatical' from civ modding. But simultaneously cruel to my civ habit. Nevertheless, I've DLed this and look forward to going on another trip in the world of King Arthur soon. Thanks for all the effort you put in and well done too.

This scenario looks fantastic, and so does that amazing city map! I do have a question though, since there is a Bat signal, is there a Batman unit? :O

Top Bottom