Super Civ Scenario

I wish I could make a Super Hero Scenario, but I'm afriad people will not like me for taking someone's perfectly good idea.
Imagine if we only had one medieval scenario, one 19th c. scenario, ... Everyone has a different take on game balance, techs, scenario length, map size, what civs to include, and so on.

The game is not recognizing the biq as a scenario file,
Is it necessary to have Conquests game add on for this?
(I own it, but It's at a friends house and not installed)

I'm really excitied to try this out,
Could anybody give me some advice?

What's the backstory for the Giant Blue Monkey ? :D

Last member of an ancient, intelligent, ape-like race of forest-dwellers.

[Powers]: Able to change size at will from pocket sized to 12 foot tall, Paralysing Power Punch
[Source of Powers]: Inherited

[Bio]: Hanuman was found by the Celestial Order deep in the forests of Borneo. They contrived to place Hanuman in mortal peril and then faked his rescue in order to have the honourable creature swear a life debt. Fu Manzhu frequently finds himself exerting his will power in order to retain Hanuman's loyalty.

It's good to see you posting KingArthur! I wiped you out twice this week in EZI 2 Complete testing. :lol:

I have DLed this one, and though it is struggling to find playing time between my AOI and EZI games currently going, I did play this a bit, and I would like to say it's obvious you put in a lot of effort on this scenario. I'm not sure about play balance yet, as I didn't get too far into it, but the AI spreads out with their settlers well enough early on. I started with the Nemesis faction(Undead???), and I noticed there seemed to be a couple extra units; one of their 'Hero' types was duplicated, I wasn't sure if that was a mistake but I deleted the double just to be sure.

I loved the map and pedia work, and the way the tech tree is set up so that you have several paths to choose from in research, that was a nice touch. :) Breaking those super villians out of prison looks like it will be hard, but quite rewarding. I am trying to get the City Zoo so I can build the Mutant Moose units. :D

You killed me, how could you do such a thing ;)

Grim Weirdo was duplicated - thanks for the heads up on that - I'll have it fixed for the next update.

KingArthur: Do I need that updated zip? I don't know what you changed in there, is there more then just that duplicate unit fix?

Edit: Disregard, I didn't see the spoiler info the first time I looked.

Now that I think of it, there was another small SNAFU I recall, but it was at least a week ago that I played so I am hazy on the details. Had something to do with the crocodile being linked instead of the tiger unit somewhere.

Odd....I just killed Takhisis in my Super game too. :mischief: My Palace!

One issue I am seeing is there is very little to do early on besides build workers or colonists...so of course the AI does this. There is very little food production around, so between those two stimuli, the AI has a ton of tiny size 1 or 2 cities. Iv'e gone to war with all of them except EGO, and each of them was willing to give my several cities in order to get peace after I took just one building from them, so I have been gobbling up the city faster then I can build troops to garrison them. :cry: All I can build is Gremlins, how pathetic is that? That Vampire guy and the other enslavement baddies have been providing all of my good garrison troops so far. The Hero faction has been reduced to just their starting location, when I got all their cities there were almost a dozen workers in their areas hard at work.

I'm 16 turns from upgrading my starting anti-hero types, then they will learn to fear me. I may never get to see the Moose in action. :(

Don't worry, one of the first baddies I killed in that game was myself.

I take on board the lack of pace in the early game. So as an experiment I threw together this new biq: I'm just posting it here just now for anyone wishing to playtest it. The changes are:
added Fast Food and Soda Bars for extra food; increased food production of grassland and streets; applied some starting techs which grant a buildable unit from the start - also enables some early tech trading; set locked wars (Good v Evil) to force some instant action.

Attachments

• Super Civ 1.3.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 205
I can't promise you I will get to it right away, but I will try to play that at some point, though I do want to try and finish the first one I started if possible.

This scenario just owns. Started playing last night, and it looks brilliant. My one issue is that I was playing as the Heroes and I can't seem to build settler units, which would be nice, other than that, all I can say is :goodjob:

Glad you like it. Removal Vans should be buildable by everyone including heroes. The only prereq. is a Population of 3 in your cities. There was a slow growth issue I was trying to take care of with the 1.3 version...

Gotcha! No worries, I was able to build them shortly after I posted here:blush:

I love the detail and the humourousness that went into making this, great work KA!!!

I've noticed there are a lot of Civilopedia errors/ missing entries. I'm sure your aware of this though.

Would it be helpful if we started listing errors we found? I could god through and attach a notepad file with them.

Also, are the Swarm, the Monster Lizard and the League of Shadows added to the map yet? I have never encountered them.

Are you sure you've downloaded the latest copy?

Top Bottom