• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

TarcisioCM's Civilizations

Good civ, Tarcisio! :D

wat ._.

Hiawatha would like to have a word with you.

Spoiler :
Even as a mostly non-wormonger, I think the Assyrian UA is amazingly powerful, though unfitting even for Ashurbanipal. You get FREE TECHNOLOGIES. That is PRETTY FRIGGIN GOOD.

Correction: free technology, that have been researched by the owner of the city you conquered. I assure you, Hiawatha has a more powerful UA.
Also, what my fellow Israelcube said.

I'm not sure about the UB. It seems like losing all your iron would not be a very good thing, and stables are normally really nice buildings that you want everywhere they can be built.

No problem. :)

Updated the Massagetae to v2 due to stupid little bugs. Direct Download.
  • Tomyris is now properly refered to as a woman.
  • Proto-cataphract decision now properly subtracts culture instead of adding.
  • Scythian goldsmith now properly grants production from horses.
  • Scythian goldsmith effects changed: +1 Production and +1 Culture from worked horses and gold resources. +1 Production per source of sheep and cattle worked by this City.
Wait, did you remove the iron to gold conversion from the UB?

Also, I forgot to say it earlier but another female leader is pretty sweet.

Edit: I took some reading comprehension classes and I understand now. Disregard my question :p

Correction: free technology, that have been researched by the owner of the city you conquered. I assure you, Hiawatha has a more powerful UA.

Spoiler a long and winding explanation for why Assyria is best warmonger :
When you do early warmongering you have to research techs which other civs normally will avoid in the start - the war-oriented lower techs, which boost Production and warfare. Therefore you'll miss the peaceful upper techs, which boost Science, Faith and Food, which are three of the most vital yields for progress in the game.

Now, say you're Assyria, and you've reached Mathematics to get the Siege Tower. You pick out a proximate, weak neighbour for an early target, so you can use the amazing Sapper promotion to its fullest. You capture their Capital, and get to choose a tech you haven't researched, most likely any of the upper techs. If you continue this, you'll eventually be able to mostly research military techs, while still getting access to the vital peaceful civs. This allows you to both conquer new lands and develop your older cities at the same time, which means you'll not stay behind in Science - a problem most early warmongers will suffer. You'll obviously need to research some of the upper techs as well, but not as many as you'd been required had you chosen the Huns/Aztecs/Zulu, since you get free ones.

Now you may argue that the UA is not good for reconquering lost cities, but if you are a competent Machiavellian warmonger, that should not be a problem, as you should only advance when the enemy is weak, and there are few chances of losing cities, as that means you'll have to invest resources in doing something that halts your victory progress.

I also forgot mentioning the amazing Royal Library, which'll help keeping your army well-trained.

As for Hiawatha, he is arguably the worst leader in the game. Here's his trait:

Firaxis said:
Units move through Forest and Jungle in friendly territory as if they were Roads. These tiles can be used to establish :c5trade: City Connections upon researching The Wheel. Caravans move along Forest and Jungle as if they were Roads.

This may sound great, but notice that the bonuses only apply to Forest and Jungle in friendly territory, which halts the usefulness by several miles. Unless you're lucky and start in a forest the size of Mirkwood, you'll most likely only have a few Forest or Jungle tiles within your borders. This means the unit speed boost is immediately made pretty pointless, especially if the forest is scattered. In addition, the text is taken literally, and the movement boost to the units is not upgraded with Railroads, which means you'll have to eventually construct Railroads anyway, rendering that part of the trait practically useless. Also, the City Connecton bonus will mostly force you to make weird road patterns to utilise it properly, and since it only applies for friendly woods, you'll still have to build roads through woods in neutral territory.

But I have no problems with the trade part of the UA, and their unique unit is pretty sweet (although the building is bad, since it doesn't include the possibly most important boost of the Workshop: the 10% Production boost).

All in all, I can ASSUR you that Ashurbanipal has a more powerful UA.

The representativeness and leader choice of the civ is arguably the worst in the game, though...

Spoiler a long and winding explanation for why Assyria is best warmonger :
When you do early warmongering you have to research techs which other civs normally will avoid in the start - the war-oriented lower techs, which boost Production and warfare. Therefore you'll miss the peaceful upper techs, which boost Science, Faith and Food, which are three of the most vital yields for progress in the game.

Now, say you're Assyria, and you've reached Mathematics to get the Siege Tower. You pick out a proximate, weak neighbour for an early target, so you can use the amazing Sapper promotion to its fullest. You capture their Capital, and get to choose a tech you haven't researched, most likely any of the upper techs. If you continue this, you'll eventually be able to mostly research military techs, while still getting access to the vital peaceful civs. This allows you to both conquer new lands and develop your older cities at the same time, which means you'll not stay behind in Science - a problem most early warmongers will suffer. You'll obviously need to research some of the upper techs as well, but not as many as you'd been required had you chosen the Huns/Aztecs/Zulu, since you get free ones.

Now you may argue that the UA is not good for reconquering lost cities, but if you are a competent Machiavellian warmonger, that should not be a problem, as you should only advance when the enemy is weak, and there are few chances of losing cities, as that means you'll have to invest resources in doing something that halts your victory progress.

I also forgot mentioning the amazing Royal Library, which'll help keeping your army well-trained.

As for Hiawatha, he is arguably the worst leader in the game. Here's his trait:

This may sound great, but notice that the bonuses only apply to Forest and Jungle in friendly territory, which halts the usefulness by several miles. Unless you're lucky and start in a forest the size of Mirkwood, you'll most likely only have a few Forest or Jungle tiles within your borders. This means the unit speed boost is immediately made pretty pointless, especially if the forest is scattered. In addition, the text is taken literally, and the movement boost to the units is not upgraded with Railroads, which means you'll have to eventually construct Railroads anyway, rendering that part of the trait practically useless. Also, the City Connecton bonus will mostly force you to make weird road patterns to utilise it properly, and since it only applies for friendly woods, you'll still have to build roads through woods in neutral territory.

But I have no problems with the trade part of the UA, and their unique unit is pretty sweet (although the building is bad, since it doesn't include the possibly most important boost of the Workshop: the 10% Production boost).

All in all, I can ASSUR you that Ashurbanipal has a more powerful UA.

The representativeness and leader choice of the civ is arguably the worst in the game, though...

I would have given you the... lines of code(?) From my previous game with the Germans. Assyria DoWed me, and I ruined them(my economy as well :p). Also, the AI always wins them. Always.
Back on topic(or not): want a good warmonger civ? Play with the Xionagau. Versatile, like a monger civ should be.
(Hail the creator)

How well the AI does does not tell how good the civ is. The AI barely ever manages to push civs to their greatest potential if you play below a certain difficulty. The only exception would be the Incas, who ALWAYS end up as a massive empire who own basically everything. It never, ever fails.

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd once again.

Yay more Tarcisio civs!

Edit: are the Lombards next? because from what it seems CA are going to release them before you. :p
Ah, but my Lombards are the still early but slightly later kingdom of the lombards, while CA uses the tribe. I intend to do both (With the tribe being referred to as "Langobards"), regardless. :p

Also, yea, Assyria can be quite powerful, specially when you get behind in tech due to crazy warmongering. And regardless of the usefulness of their UA (Which I think is quite good), their UU is wurf it. Btw, the AI manages to do good with the Xiongnu due to the combination of UA + Expansion flavor. They'll pop many cities and actually be able to use them without staggering unhappiness.

Yay, Lombards..

Early you say, but not tribe.. Hm, that probably excludes Liutprand then. Who then? Audoin, Albion, Cleph, Agilulf? Could also be Aripert II, but IIRC he did more damage to the kingdom than anything and wasn't 'early' either..

Also, CA?

Early you say, but not tribe.. Hm, that probably excludes Liutprand then. Who then? Audoin, Albion, Cleph, Agilulf? Could also be Aripert II, but IIRC he did more damage to the kingdom than anything and wasn't 'early' either..

What's with all those male names? :p

If you already know who I've chosen by that, I must admit that she is not that much of a interesting pick as Liutprand or Alboin, but eh medieval woman leaders, what's not to like?

Alboin will lead the Langobards, though.

Creative Assembly, the developers of Total War, and most recently, Total War: Attila.

Oh, of course. I thought that maybe it was some civ modder/modding project, like JFD, TCM, CL, GE,... Silly me :)

If you already know who I've chosen by that, I must admit that she is not that much of a interesting pick as Liutprand or Alboin, but eh medieval woman leaders, what's not to like?

I think I do - pretty sure actually. And to say that she is not as interesting, well IDK, she did have a lot of influence on the shaping of the kingdom - and throughout a long period of time. She's an excellent choice in my opinion. :D

Besides, with her as leader, the choice of symbol for the civ icon is pretty straightforward I think.
Alboin will lead the Langobards, though.

Wouldn't have it any other way :D

Hey, does anyone notice that the Sicilian and Manx emblems are nearly identical?

I wonder how they're connected :D

They like monstrosities of legs.

Going to update all my civs to an acceptable version before getting back to new stuff now. Some of them with new designs, icons and maps, but none of them save for Ptolemy and the Etruscans will have a new leaderscreen (For now; those take too much time and I'd need to find a less sucky mouse).

Iberian Civilization updated to version 2. Direct Download

Changelog:
  • Fixed Gametext errors
  • Fixed issue with Aurelian's Rome
  • Decreased cost for the Adopt Sculpting Techniques decision
  • Decreased rate at which the Iberian event appears
  • Decreased rate at which the Iberian AI player gifts units to the player.
  • Added mod support for JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
  • Added mod support for Bingle's Civ IV Traits

I hope the Iberians are still as nice as they used to be...

Too many maps to keep track of... Iberians updated again with the new TSL values, same download link.

Aurelian's Roman Civilization updated to version 3. Direct Download

Changelog
  • Removed leftover code that I had forgotten about
  • Changed Templum Solis effect: The city immediately adopts your Pantheon upon being built for the first time, and converts followers to your Pantheon until a Religion spreads to the Capital, unless it's a Holy City. If built on the capital, grant +1 Happiness for every city following your pantheon as majority religion.
  • Added mod support for JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
  • Added mod support for Bingle's Civ IV Traits

Also just noticed now how the UB is badly phrased. :lol:

You said you are going to update some of your civs with new designs.... have you already planned anything specific, or you are looking for ideas?
(If you are looking for ideas, I can give you some)

Top Bottom