TarcisioCM's Civilizations

Awesome release! Yaroslav is great and all, but for all of Civ 5's female leaders, I'd argue that there are none as kickass as Olga. And it's so impressive to see a civ centered around diplomatic deals! My question, though, is for some elaboration on the first line of the UA. Do enemy units or enemy cities take damage, or both? How much per broken deal? Or is it a combat bonus for YOUR units?

Awesome release! Yaroslav is great and all, but for all of Civ 5's female leaders, I'd argue that there are none as kickass as Olga. And it's so impressive to see a civ centered around diplomatic deals! My question, though, is for some elaboration on the first line of the UA. Do enemy units or enemy cities take damage, or both? How much per broken deal? Or is it a combat bonus for YOUR units?
Both cities and units take damage.

The number of cities that will take damage is defined by 150% of the number of broken deals, while the number of units that take damage is 250%. The damage dealt is:
Max Hitpoints of the city * (0.12 * number of broken deals)
(local damage = city:GetMaxHitPoints() * (0.12 * numBroken))

Oh, and numBroken (number of broken deals) is capped at 7.

Also worthy of note is that the code doesn't account for the number of individual deals, but rather by different kinds of deal, to prevent abuse. You can get 6 "broken deals" by having each of the following, across any amount of actual deals: GPT, Defensive Pacts, Research Agreements, Open Borders, Embassies and DoFs. However, each resource do is accounted separately: you can also get 6 "broken deals" by trading, for example, Sugar, Wine, Silver, Gold, Copper, Cotton and Horses.

obtw, if someone could make a Runestone model for The Swedes, that'd speed up things by like, a whole [family-friendly-forum]-ton

and it can be literally just a rectangle sprouting from the floor for all that I care

Very special design! And good to see another female leader :)

A runestone model for an improvement? I'm sure there should be some kind of civ IV model that remotely looks like a runestone.

The khan of unorthodox designs has treated us once again. I love how almost every time you release a new civ, it has some mechanic that feels really unique and original. A new Rus' civ to throw into the Russian deathmatch is also a good thing.

and it can be literally just a rectangle sprouting from the floor for all that I care

An alien Monolith civilization? :crazyeye:

Fantastic design and great execution! Loving this civ so much already.

Would you be able to delve into the historical reasoning as to why you chose this trait? It's pretty intriguing.

The khan of unorthodox designs has treated us once again. I love how almost every time you release a new civ, it has some mechanic that feels really unique and original. A new Rus' civ to throw into the Russian deathmatch is also a good thing.

An alien Monolith civilization? :crazyeye:
What do you think that kickstarted the viking age? :p

Fantastic design and great execution! Loving this civ so much already.

Would you be able to delve into the historical reasoning as to why you chose this trait? It's pretty intriguing.
Because Olga ROFLstomped the Drevylans who refused to pay more taxes and murdered her husband, and also because Kievan Rus' sometimes waged war on the Byzantines to get better trade rights. More gold from deals can also reflect the tribute they demanded from other tribes around the region, and the overall mercantile aspect of their society. All without touching the more boring trade routes :p

By the way did you ever thought about making a ancient Saxon civ with Widukind? :)

It must be really heavy because his left hand looks somewhat broken.
Hands, how do they even work?

By the way did you ever thought about making a ancient Saxon civ with Widukind? :)
Yes.

Damn, is that some kind of handheld battering ram? Not certain what civ it could be for though.
Yes. This unit is a reference to one from another game I loved that is now long gone :(

Maybe the updated Mitanni?
I'm not in charge of updating the Mittani.

And I have just finished the leaderscreen for this civ and it looks hella fine, but I won't post here lest you might find out who it is. :p

Hmm..difficult but I would guess the leader could be Shaushtatar or Tushrutta.

Top Bottom