1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team AMAZON Pitboss II(via Hamachi)

Discussion in 'Team Amazon' started by Sommerswerd, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Arrgh:mad: Hamachi is FIRED!:thumbsdown:

After weeks of research, I think I have figured out how to host direct IP WITHOUT Hamachi. I have tested it out on both pitbosses and it seems to be working... So:

From NOW ON (If this really works) DO NOT use the Hamachi IP:nono:... Just use this:D:

Pitboss I: sommerswerd.dyndns.org

Pitboss II: sommerswerd.dyndns.org:2057

I will post these on the frontpage as well... Please post back here ASAP to let us know that everything is working (or not). This should make things on the Pitboss a little less Crashy-Smashie-Die-Die-Die:suicide:, and a little more :woohoo:

Also, I am going to retire the inactive players to AI soon, so if you are still playing but you have just been leaving your Civ on autopilot please speak up. Otherwise I will be kicking the inactive civs to AI.

2. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Tried both and they both work fine for me. Thanks.

3. Link

Link Scarves

feel free to put my civ on AI. i may take it over again in the future if thats possible.

4. nabaxo

nabaxo King

You can kick me as well.

5. Sommerswerd

OK thats done... so now there are several AI Civs available for anyone who wants to take them.

I will be out of town until next week, so again, if Pitboss goes down, I wont be able to fix it. I should still be able to take the turns though.

6. RasmCiv

RasmCiv Warlord

please kick me as well

7. remake20

remake20 :)

Until I get my computer running again (yes the new one broke) please put me on AI.

8. IlBrago

IlBrago Chieftain

please kick me as well

9. Sommerswerd

You don't have ask to be "kicked" to AI. Just log in, and in the main menu, click "RETIRE". The AI will take over for you automatically.

10. remake20

can you please as I do not have access to civ.

11. Sommerswerd

Anyone want to take over for some of the AI civs? Memphus?

Also, now that I have figured out how to bypass Hamachi, I am considering starting a new piteous game on a larger pangea map... should give some better start locations, which seemed to be everyone's beef with the current pitboss.

I also wondered if folks were interested in playing a pitboss using a MOD I designed that simulates Modern day Earth. Not the one in my Sig, (that is just a scenario) but an actual simple mod that uses Next War as a base.

12. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Yeah, it's weird playing in a pitboss game with mostly AIs. It's almost like playing a single player game, just very slowly. In the one game I think it's only two human players.

I would be interested in learning more about this MOD. Is it downloadable at this time? If so I'll download it and check it out.

13. nabaxo

nabaxo King

I'd be interested in a pure restart.

14. remake20

Please don't take mine... actually please take mine until I get back. I bet you'll do better than the AI. As far as another map goes I would really like to play a rich map with the Full of Resources map scrip. As far as a mod goes sure. Though I don't think we can handle 7 (or however many) different pitbosses. I have another civ related idea, but I'm going to go post that in the team lounge.

15. Link

Link Scarves

if we play a new game i might come back to it, and the mod sounds interesting. After that we should play a game of FFH2 :D

16. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Unless people are going to join the first team pitboss, it seems silly for me to continue. As of right now all of my other opponents for that game are being run by AI. I might as well play a single player game at this point. If no one expresses interest in playing that game, I guess Sommerswerd can shut it down when he has time.

17. Calis

Calis on time

I can't connect to host in the Pitboss II game.

18. Sommerswerd

Yea I reset the uploader for both games because although the games were both working fine, the uploader was somehow out of sync with the game. Both should be working now....

However, SilCon has a good point and I am inclined to just declare him the official winner of the first team Pitboss so that we can flee that one and start another... if no one objects.

19. Calis

Calis on time

Yapp, it works again. Thanks!!

20. remake20

So SC wins like Kahz did?

And I'm all for one with a mod or different set up.