Term 1 – Nominations for the Office of President

Alphawolf

Basileus, Founding Father
The President is the Senior Member of the Triumvirate. The President is responcible for the budget, Settlers, Naval units, and has all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Please submit nominations for the Office of President in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the December 29 (7PM EST/6PM CST December 28).

-the Wolf

I nominate Alphawolf

Swissempire said:
I nominate Alphawolf

I second the nomination!

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
I second the nomination!

-- Ravensfire

Me too, since Alphawolf is also member of the Hawk-Dove party. I guess you can be our prsidential candidate then, Alphawolf. I withdraw my nomination of 5Star_US for now, but we'll have to ask him what he thinks about this.

oagersnap said:
Me too, since Alphawolf is also member of the Hawk-Dove party. I guess you can be our prsidential candidate then, Alphawolf. I withdraw my nomination of 5Star_US for now, but we'll have to ask him what he thinks about this.

You can nominate more than one person, if you like.

-the Wolf

Alphawolf said:
You can nominate more than one person, if you like.

-the Wolf

Yes, but it wouldn't make sense if two people from the party were running against each other, and you're already supported by two other people.

I'd like to nominate three candidates I believe in to be very capable Presidents just like Alphawolf will be (if not in turn1 he will become President in the course of the game, no doubt! :clap: -And he deserves that! :hatsoff: ):
I'd like to nominate DS, Ravensfire and Man'O'Action.

i back Awolf for his exceptional work and dedication! i think he will be like daveshack in DG5, president for nearly ever term! :clap: :goodjob:

Thanks, but I will decline this office.

-- Ravensfire

I'm honored DaveShack, but I will decline as well, for Civ4 and my computer do not go hand in hand. I'm planning on getting a better video card soon though...

thanks for the nomination, however I will respectfully have to decline. Alphawolf and me are both part of the Hawk-Dove party. Second, I still have to get Civ 4. Third in a contest between the likes of Alphawolf, Ravensfire, and Ginger_Ale, I don't think I would stand a chance being in the running.:lol: I would like to back the nomination of ALphawolf. (Hopefully he will be running under my party's banner.:D ) I don't think I am ready for this type of seat yet, seeing that I am relatively new to Civ. I won't change my mind unless many people seriously back me.

5star_US, Ginger_Ale, ravensfire, DaveShack and certainly Alphawolf are all sterling members of this community and as anyone will tell you they have been critical to this forward motion of the Civ4 Demogame and the process of democracy. I am humbled to be nominated among them for the office of President.

Today I will take another step toward democratically elected officials, today I will take another step toward a growth-oriented nation, and today I will help lay in the course for our nation during it's infancy, because today I will accept the nomination for President.

I'd like to first congratulate the Honorable Alphawolf on his nomination and thank him for all of his hard work in the crafting of our founding documents.

I'd also like to thank Stilgar08 for his nomination and his kind words.

Remember, when there is only one candidate, there is only one choice. I don't think any of us want "abstain" as the only alternative for our nation's future.

If you believe in a strong growth policy for our nation, do the right thing and support the Man'O'Action for President.

ravensfire said:
I second the nomination!

-- Ravensfire
I third it.

bantste said:
I would like to nominate Cheiftess for the Presidency.

I decline. I'm already running for another office.

Question for candidates:

What are your objectives for the first term? What would be considered a success? Are there any first term outcomes that you would consider to be failures?

Top Bottom