Term 3 – Election for President

Who will be the next President of Fanatikos?

• Donovan Zoi

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • ravensfire

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The President is responsible for control of the slider, worker allocation and resolving disputes between leaders, such as over use of gold. The President is also responsible for all tasks not assigned to another leader.

Please vote for one of the following candidates:
Donovan Zoi
ravensfire​
Link to Nomination thread

This is a private poll, and will last for 3 days.

Donovan Zoi you have a great talent for the office of Presdient. I have to say thank you for fillingi n FA disscussions for me. Sadly I have school and I have very little time. I should I have taken another day off and went to that Turn Chat so I could've avoided the damn crisis :rolleyes: Good luck! :goodjob:

Not going to say who I voted for in this one but both candidates are amazingly well qualified and each have my respect and admiration

Very high quality on the candidates this time around. So I am happy with both candidates.

However, DZ delivered on his main promises, and made us a leader with only five cities, and backed my Priapos location and Great Library operation in adversity, so I vote for him.

Close call, gonna have to ask another question...

With the oncoming Republic, we will be able to rush buildings and units with greater effeciency and less loss of life. Also, when our commerce gains more might, we will be able to rush full buildings or finish partial builds that we never would have been able to in our era of Despotism. What method will you use to determine how to divide our wealth?

I'd like to start by thanking Donovan Zoi for his encouragement to run and for making this one of the more challenging races I've seen. I think we'd both make great Presidents, and Fanatikos will only be better by our presence!

Fellow citizens, I took on this challenge not because I think President Donovan Zoi has done a poor job - far from it. Nor do I think I can be that much better than he - we're both pretty darn good at this. I think I bring a different set of skills and ideas to the office, ones that I feel will help Fanatikos grow and develop.

My first task will be to create a strategy for Middle Age wonders. We'll look at all the wonders, and determine which ones we want and at what priority. We'll then take that list, and review it often to see if the time is right to start on construction for it, and which city should construct it. We'll create backup plans, just in case we don't get the wonder. These plans will be reviewed and changed as needed. During all of these discussions, I will encourage the Governors to be active and fair. Their support and assistance is critical.

I will create a solid plan for our work force. We're going to be growing rapidly soon. Our cities will need to continue their development. I will give our Governors advance notice of their worker allocations, and make sure that our workforce is at the right level.

I will lead discussions on our future development plans. We'll look through the upcoming technologies and see what our scientists are working on. Our city planners can use that information to create build queues that balance their needs, military needs and national needs.

With our upcoming switch to Republic, we will be able to complete important projects faster through massive cash expenditures. I will create a discussion on a general strategy for cash rushes, and actively work with the elected officials on these rushes. Our military will not be neglected, as those that defend us from harm, both home and abroad, must be kept well trained, and well equipped.

I will work with the Minister of Defense to review and update our military plans. Do we have enough troops? What do we need? I'll then work with the Governors to integrate those needs in their build queues.

I will work with the Designated Player pool, to keep it organized and running smooth. Future DP's will be notified in advance, so they can schedule their sessions early. DP's with questions can get answers in the FAQ, and will have a template (Thanks, CG!) to use for their instruction thread. I'll review the instructions as leaders post them, and find areas that are missing, or vague. I'll remind leaders to post instructions, if they haven't already done so.

I will be a President that leads the strategy discussions, and works to keep the game flowing for you. I will work to help our elected officials work together and in concert.

I think I'd make a good President, and I hope you agree by voting for Ravensfire.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire, candidate for President

Gerikes said:
With the oncoming Republic, we will be able to rush buildings and units with greater effeciency and less loss of life. Also, when our commerce gains more might, we will be able to rush full buildings or finish partial builds that we never would have been able to in our era of Despotism. What method will you use to determine how to divide our wealth?
Our resources must be used, or face foreign nations demanding them. This includes our financial resources. As I mentioned above, I will create a general strategy for our cash. Essentially, I want to use the majority of our income on our cities.

Absolute highest priority will be Aquaducts in those cities that need them. Once we begin our own research, projects that improve our science rate will get priority. Cities that are getting close to internal violence will see Cathedrals get bumped up on the list.

Some of our cash will also be used on our troops - to keep them well-trained and equipped. I want to see at least one defender, fully upgraded, in each city, within 20 turns of a new defensive technology.

Vote for ravensfire. Donovan Zoi is already too busy. He doesn't even have time to play the Cage Match, how's he gonna be president?

donsig said:
Vote for ravensfire. Donovan Zoi is already too busy. He doesn't even have time to play the Cage Match, how's he gonna be president?
actually hes waiting for you to post in that thread;)

okay a question, for both candidates:
If you won, would you give the other person the first chance at being VP?

Black_Hole said:

OH, I see. I have just done that. :)

Back on topic. Yes, as many have pointed out, two high quality candidates here. So, vote for ravensfire then Donovan Zoi will have time to finish the Cage Match. ravensifre will do a good job as president and DZ and I will give you all a very entertaining Cage Match to watch. :D

Black_Hole said:

Surprisingly, I would not. I would try to find someone that hasn't been President before, and is interested in running for the position next term. I want to see more people interested in this position.

If I couldn't find anyone like that, I would ask DZ.

People of Fanatikos,

I must start by saying that I am surprised and humbled by the outpouring of support for my re-election campaign thus far. I am also honored by the gracious electoral campaign that has been run by Chief Justice Ravensfire. As a far as I am concerned, Fanatikos wins no matter how this one pans out.

Most of you are familiar with how I operate so I will not be posting an entire platform, but instead will respond to all questions and comments directed my way.

One thing I would like to say is I have just checked out the latest save, and am filled with excitement at the opportunities that await us as a Republic this term. We will need to experience some growing pains early on, but all will be worth it in due time. Be on the lookout for a national plan from me by tomorrow evening.

That's all for the moment, Fanatikos. May the best man win!

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Gerikes said:
Close call, gonna have to ask another question...

Thank you for your question, Gerikes.

I can tell you that in the very infancy of our Republic, we likely won't see much gold being spent on improvements until we can build some Marketplaces. As you predicted in another thread, gold will be in short supply at the beginning due to a temporary increase in unit support. However, there will soon be a time for us to consider paying for more efficient construction deadlines.

Now, to answer your question. I have always felt that "rush gold" should be reserved for those cities whose production lags slightly behind the rest. At this time, the prime candidate for rush builds would be Styx but that is subject to change over time. Of course, I would always consider a rush build in any city if the proposal made sense.

Ideally, I would like to maximize our cities to the point where we don't have to consider many rush builds at all, but as bigger ticket items present themselves, we should probably have a stockpile of gold in reserve just in case.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Ravensfire said:
Absolute highest priority will be Aquaducts in those cities that need them. Once we begin our own research, projects that improve our science rate will get priority. Cities that are getting close to internal violence will see Cathedrals get bumped up on the list.

I will have to slightly disagree with Ravensfire here. The top priority in Civantonia and Styx (our only non-river cities) would be slightly different under my watch, as long as each governor is willing.

For Styx, priority one would be a Granary, as it is set to be an optimum worker pump. By commissioning a Granary in Styx, we will be able to immediately join some of our current workers to Olympus so that we may begin to enjoy the extra population granted by our new Mausoleum. If all goes well, this will go into effect before the end of Term 2.

Civantonia will need a Cathedral before it can even use an Aqueduct, so this city should start with a Temple followed by non-stop military builds until we can consider taking it to the next level.

Besides that, the absolute priority for Term 3 builds will be Marketplaces. I envision Olympus and Priapos leading the way here, with the other cities following suit over time.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Black_Hole said:

That has been my intention since I invited Ravensfire into the race. I figured that if I were fortunate enough to win, my Term 3 presidency would be complemented by having a Vice-President that has a passion for getting people involved or reacquainted with the game. Without shame, I will proudly concede that Ravensfire has me beat in that category.

I like how DZ operated this term and he was pure deadly efficiency, Ravensfire, sorry, but my vote goes for DZ!

-Ranger99-

Well, my vote will come down to this question:

What is your preffered victory condition to win this game? And what will you do this term to move towards that goal?

Top Bottom