Term 6 - Defense Ministry

Minister Ravensfire, I need your help.

Our Incense colony is about to be destroyed by a French Settler, but all is not yet lost. We can not prevent the French from Settling where they are without declaring war, but we can encourage them to settle where they are so that we can still claim the northernmost Incense until the city expands, by which time we will be ready to take on the French. Please will you therefore order your troops to block the French from moving further north and settling in a position that will allow them to claim all the incense in their new city radius - in particular the site NW of our colony. I will then instruct our Workers to build another colony on the northernmost Incense.

I also intend to instruct the construction of colonies on the Gems in the North and the Silks near Rome. This should ensure a continuous flow of luxuries to our nation and allow us to cope better with any war-weariness in this conflict. Your assistance in protecting these colonies would be greatly appreciated, the silks already has a fortress which will help. If you have any preference as to which Gems should be colonised for defensibility please let me know.

Thank You and congratulations on adding another city to our nation!

President Furiey

Madame President,

The troops were most pleased to hear your praise that I passed on to them.

I agree with your assessment of the situation near our Incense colony. I will detail enough troops to prevent the French from settling any farther NW than they currently are. To ensure the continual supply of Incense, I would suggest forming the colony immediately.

I also detailed a plan to block further incursions by the French in my discussion on the Persian war. This would entail a wall of workers, protected where needed. If you could, please review that plan; your comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks again for the kind words, Madame President!
-- Ravensfire, Minister of Defense

Minister Ravensfire,

Once again our troops are victorios and have cleared the Persians off our continent. Most of our rifles have been upgraded to Infantry and several cannon to Artillery. I have also completed some strategic rail towards some from cities in preparation for the next task for our troops :mischief:. I stopped the chat on turn 9 as going any further was just delaying the next step in clearing our continent :evil:

The Frigates are becoming annoying (both Persian and Japanese), bombarding our troops and improvements. Several of our own Frigates were built during the session, but they are down on the south coast and we have no port elsewhere.

Minister Ravensfire

I've been unable to find the term VII defense Ministry thread - you are taking the staelthy and secretive approach literally !!

As you know; our empire only has 2 cities capable of building ships. Styx and Priapos. Priapos has a shield-per-turn level of 48 and that is not suited for building 60-shields vessels. It is well suited for building 90 shield Infantry.

My question is: "Is Priapos needed for navy-building or can it be used to build Infantry?"

We currently have 5 destroyers, 11 transports, plus some frigates, so this should be enough for an invasion fleet (of course the question is where). With 8 military-producing cities we should have 2 tank armies and 20 tanks when flight is researched, so what proportion of cities should build tanks vs. bombers at that point? (6 of the 8 cities could build an airport in 2 turns.)

Top Bottom