The 2024 US Presidential Election

A dean lectured you on the the lack of capacity for her students to engage in abstract thought? Thought kids picked that up by late grade school.

Have you seen middle-schoolers?

I have one!

Edit: Random thought: if pain teaches, and I think it's highly effective at that, people who have lived comfortable lives are... stunted? Like a nutritional deficiency in mental development.

Really is a perfect summary of the current state of US politics:

just utterly bleak
Yes. And it's not just the US.

I remember reading many years ago that if the UK ceased 100% of its emissions, China would make up the difference in less than 1 year. I believe China's growth has slowed since it was going like a bullet-train in the first part of this century, but still...

They're still bringing online new coal plants faster than anything dreamed of that would make it up.

The UK population has grown by about ten million since the Paris treaty in 1992.

You can look at the graph at:

If it had not been for that population growth, the UK would be more or less on course to meet that particular target.

I have one!

Edit: Random thought: if pain teaches, and I think it's highly effective at that, people who have lived comfortable lives are... stunted? Like a nutritional deficiency in mental development.
... and thus, they are in need of... special treatment, resouces, accomodations, etc...?

Trying to follow the line here...

EDIT: This reminded me of a line in Star Trek TNG... where Q is trying to convince the Enterprise crew that he has been stripped of his powers by the Q-Continuum.:

Q asks what he can do to convince the crew that he is now human/mortal... In response Worf deadpans... "Die"

which goes back to your point about the creativity (lack thereof) of killing...

Last edited:
Heheh. After all the times he'd been called Microbrain.

I have one!

Boomers: The lowest difficulty level of any Americans. Explains their voting habits.

Boomers: The lowest difficulty level of any Americans. Explains their voting habits.
How are you measuring difficulty?

Well, they are currently in the autumn phase of life, some in winter, so they're in hard mode now, at whatever the rate.

March to now:

Battleground States

Arizona: Trump +5.5 to Trump +5.0
Nevada: Trump +7.7 to Trump +4.8
Georgia: Trump +6.5 to Trump +4.0
North Carolina: Trump +5.7 to Trump +4.8
Pennsylvania: Biden +0.8 to Biden +0.4
Michigan: Trump +3.6 to Trump +3.0
Wisconsin: Trump +1.0 to Trump +2.0
Minnesota: Biden +3.0 to Biden +2.3

POLLSTERDATESAMPLEMOETRUMP (R)BIDEN (D)
KENNEDY (I)WEST (I)STEIN (G)SPREAD
RCP Average3/27 - 4/2341.040.19.51.71.2Trump+0.9

This Day In History: April 27, 2020: Biden +6.3 | April 27, 2016: Clinton +8.5

Based on the math above Trump wins the Electoral College 293-245. If Biden moves the needle evenly, he could pick up Wisconsin and Michigan to win 270-268 (assumes no Nebraska shenanigans). Michigan remains the deciding state in that scenario.

Biden leads the betting market 43.3 to 42.

I wouldn’t consider Minnesota a battleground state. Doing the mapping, if Biden wins Pennsylvania and Michigan or Wisconsin, then Trump needs the rest to eke out a victory.

At this point I wouldn’t put more than $20 if I were to bet on a winner on 2:1 payouts.

I wouldn’t consider Minnesota a battleground state. Doing the mapping, if Biden wins Pennsylvania and Michigan or Wisconsin, then Trump needs the rest to eke out a victory.

At this point I wouldn’t put more than $20 if I were to bet on a winner on 2:1 payouts.
I don't consider North Carolina or Minnesota battlegrounds but I include them because some people do. Justy looking at the six key battlegrounds:

If Biden wins PA and MI then Trump would have to carry WI, GA, and AR to get to 272. NV's 6 votes would not be needed.
If Biden wins PA and WI then Trump would win with GA, MI and either AR or NV.

So PA, with 19 EV is clearly crucial.

As things stand if you consider just the six states and take them all as coin flips Trump has 12 ways to win, Biden 9 and 1 tie.

Well, they are currently in the autumn phase of life, some in winter, so they're in hard mode now, at whatever the rate.
The difficulty of the late-game is determined by how the early and mid game went. If you got effed by the AI or screwed things up in the early game, the late game is that much harder. If things went perfect for you in the early and mid game, the late game is relatively a breeze... just keep clicking "end turn" and casually browsing and admiring your masterpiece while you wait for the win cinematic/splash-screen.

What everybody knows for $200 Alex:

For the past three years, the corporate press and numerous officials in the Biden White House have asserted there is no evidence widespread voter fraud occurred during the 2020 presidential election. Some have even gone so far as to call it the “most secure” election in U.S. history.

However, a poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports — a survey I wrote with a team of experts at the Heartland Institute and discussed last week on Tucker Carlson’s show — not only calls into question that often-repeated claim, it shows the opposite could have been true. According to its findings, voter fraud, especially fraud related to mail-in ballots, may have been common in the 2020 election. This conclusion isn’t based on questionable allegations but on voters’ own responses to the poll questions.

The Heartland Institute/Rasmussen survey, which was conducted from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6, asked likely voters who cast ballots in 2020 questions about fraudulent activities, without telling them such actions were a form of voter fraud. The results were stunning. One in five people who voted by mail admitted to engaging in at least one kind of potential voter fraud, seriously calling into question the security of widespread mail-in balloting.

For example, one question asked, “During the 2020 election, did you cast a mail-in ballot in a state where you were no longer a permanent resident?” Such an action nearly always constitutes fraud. Incredibly, 17 percent of voters said “yes.”

Top Bottom