• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Biggest, Baddest Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GDR is not an outright replacement for any unit, because of its Uranium requirement.

Can I turn that around and deduct that you can only upgrade to a unit that has the same (or maybe fewer) resource requirements as the one you are upgrading from? I.e. a Spearman could upgrade to a Pikeman, but not to a Swordsman as that has an iron requirement? Or is it simpler than that?

150 is a lot, but might not be that much considering a tank is already 50 and there is probably a modern armor that we don't know anything about yet. and there may be a counter unit we don't know about yet

Can I turn that around and deduct that you can only upgrade to a unit that has the same (or maybe fewer) resource requirements as the one you are upgrading from? I.e. a Spearman could upgrade to a Pikeman, but not to a Swordsman as that has an iron requirement? Or is it simpler than that?

That would be reading too much in to what I said ;)

Removing the giant death robot will cause balance issues? I always thought adding 150 strength GDR would cause balance issues!! This future era sounds mind boggling!

I see a size 50 city plus a garrisoned strength 36 infantry (or some higher strength Mech Inf) plus some fortification bonusses holding out quite well against anything below a GDR or a Nuke.

Removing the giant death robot will cause balance issues? I always thought adding 150 strength GDR would cause balance issues!! This future era sounds mind boggling!

Maybe a tank has a strength of 149?
Come on, we don't know anything else, every speculation here is completly hot air.

Perfection must be peeing his pants right about now....

:D
That might be a good time to add a link to the original thread again: Giant Death Robot

Very cool. GDR's will give me something to enjoy at the end of the game, which is great because that's a time when many people feel the game has lost a lot of appeal.

Maybe a tank has a strength of 149?
Come on, we don't know anything else, every speculation here is completly hot air.

:D
That might be a good time to add a link to the original thread again: Giant Death Robot
This. We know that industrial era tanks have 50 strength. This is a near-future era unit with a highly restrictive resource cost, it's been tested/balanced like every other unit.

Hey would you guys like another feature tonight, or should I wait until tomorrow?

Wow...

So much for realism...
Come on. Civ has never been realistic by any stretch of the imagination. It's always sacrificed realism whenever it made something more fun/interesting. This is no exception.

Hey would you guys like another feature tonight, or should I wait until tomorrow?

Depends, is that the last one for this week?

If it is, then tmrw, EARLY tmrw.

If if its not, then definitly now.

haha! This is awesome! :thumbsup:

I am not really surprised though because GDR was my first guess for this super-secretive unit!

haha! This is awesome! :thumbsup:

I am not really surprised though because GDR was my first guess for this super-secretive unit!
This doesn't fit with the 'super secret unit', which supposedly won't come up every game and requires a certain series of choices/events. This looks like it's the same as any unit (besides the obvious).
Oh, and if we're talking unrealism: This unit uses uranium yet apparently uses a fusion reactor. Explain that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom