The Dark Knight Begins [In Play]

Worse, it might trigger the malware known as Unfulfilled/Internet.Addict and then where would you be?

The last 4 posts have just been sigged.

The Dark Knight
Begins

Alive- (20/20)

Zack
Takhisis
NarutoAvatarDBZ
GamezRule
Camikaze
dcmort93
classical_hero
Taillesskangaru
NedimNapoleon
Choxorn
Arakhor
Robbiecon
landlubber
BSmith1068
civplayah
Winston Hughes
Jouzou
Earthling
Red Spy
Mythmonster2

Arrested- (0/20)

-

Dead- (0/20)

-

RULES:

1. During the Day Phase, you will vote to Arrest someone. When they are arrested, they are out of the game, unless they manage to resist arrest. Voting will be in the proper, specific format:

Vote: Player 1

To change your vote-
Unvote, vote: Player 2

To abstain from voting-
Vote: Abstain

No Arrest is not an option. An abstain counts for participation, but not towards the Arrest tally.

2. During the Night Phase, if you have an order to send me, please do so.

3. Talking will be permitted during the Night Phases.

4. If you are Arrested, you may continue to speak in-thread, but not out of thread.

5. If you are dead, you may not speak again in-thread or out of thread until the game ends.

6. You may not reveal your role out of thread. You may not hint at your role out of thread. We're on the honors system, do not break this rule. You may discuss who to arrest in private, and if you have already publicly revealed your role, you may discuss that in private.

Game Setup:

• Each player will belong to one of two camps: The Civilians and the Criminals.
  • The distinction between Civilian and Criminal is minor here, both can be "innocent", no matter how notorious the Criminal.
  • That means that the game cannot be solved due to canon information alone! A notorious criminal could be "innocent" in this game! A trusted civilian could be "guilty"!
  • There is a meaning to Civilian and Criminal, however; it will come into play at some point.
  • There is a Mafia family which the Innocents need to eliminate, as part of their win conditions. The Mafia have their own win conditions as well.

Day Phases will last 24 hours if:

• I have all votes in, or
  • More than half of the alive and not arrested players have voted for a particular player.

Day Phases will last 48 hours if I do not have all votes in or the other condition stated above is not met.

Night Phases will last 24 hours if I have all orders in.

Night Phases may be extended at my discretion.

Any phase may be extended at my discretion, due to RL circumstances or in-game events.

Please indicate that you have read and understood these rules before playing.

Red Spy, you need to enable private messages so I can send you your role PM.

Otherwise I will have to replace you.

I will not begin the game until 24 hours have passed and Red Spy has not replied. I want to give everyone a chance to read and understand the rules, and read their role PM.

After that, we should be ready to begin, schedule permitting.

Read and understood.

Also, I just happened to re-watch The Dark Knight a couple of days ago. Good timing.

I've never actually seen The Dark Knight, despite owning a copy, but I'm sure it won't matter. :)

As Heath Ledger's swansong, I'm sure it has artistic merit. I'll see about digging it out of my pile of DVDs.

In spite of being a commercial success (popularity being what it is... pandering to the lowest common denominator), Ledger's performance was undeniably a work of art, and absolutely unforgettable.

Set aside a couple hours and get your popcorn ready.

I'm unashamedly British - it's tea and biscuits all the way! :)

I imagine so.... but the past several large games I've hosted, there were many rule breaks, and many rounds went by where people displayed willing ignorance of the rules. "I haven't even read the rules yet" and so forth.

It's simple stuff, I just want people to take the time to read the rules, and with any luck, that will improve the odds of people following those rules.

Read and understood.

Understand the rules...

...but you forget to tell me my mafia teammates in my PM???? :confused:

Top Bottom