The Doctor is coming, the Doctor is coming!!

Just watched on the BBC i player.

Quite good.

(I don't think this is a spoiler) Was the monster really named Tim Shaw? Or did The Doctor just keep mispronouncing it that way to annoy him? :D

I thought the episode was good; I hope the writers resist the urge to get preachy.

Was there an opening title sequence? I must have missed it.

(I don't think this is a spoiler) Was the monster really named Tim Shaw? Or did The Doctor just keep mispronouncing it that way to annoy him? :D

I think the Doctor just kept mispronouncing it deliberately.

Was there an opening title sequence? I must have missed it.

No opening title sequence (strange not to hear the theme music).

I think the Doctor just kept mispronouncing it deliberately.
I haven't watched the episode yet (F U SyFy channel) but the Doctor being an asshat would definitely be in character.

I haven't watched the episode yet (F U SyFy channel) but the Doctor being an asshat would definitely be in character.

JW did a good job with the character; kinda reminded me of David Tennent's version. That's all I'm gonna say since you (and probably others here) haven't seen it yet.

I didn't know it was on SyFy. (or maybe it's not and that's the problem)

Tom Baker was THE quintessential Doctor - but that was eons ago, and the actor has since succumbed to the fate of many (but not all) older men - his once trademark red afro is no more and he is now chrome dome bald. :(

I didn't know it was on SyFy.
At least on this hemisphere it is/was on SyFy, during Peter Capaldi's tenure. I'm not sure about this upcoming one.

Tom Baker was THE quintessential Doctor - but that was eons ago, and the actor has since succumbed to the fate of many (but not all) older men - his once trademark red afro is no more and he is now chrome dome bald. :(
He's 84 or 85 by now, so... :dunno:

I have the new episode recorded, but haven't seen it yet. I didn't realize that Space was going to have a Doctor Who marathon on Thanksgiving weekend, so the PVR recorded absolutely everything, whether I wanted it or not. So there's a mix of stuff I've seen and some Capaldi stories from his last season (which I haven't seen), and the new Doctor.

After that, Space ran an Indiana Jones marathon.

I'm just not in the mindframe for Doctor Who at this point, but I'll keep recording the episodes.

When's the last time Tom Baker came on the screeen as the Doctor? Was it back in the special when John Hurt played the War Doctor?

When's the last time Tom Baker came on the screeen as the Doctor? Was it back in the special when John Hurt played the War Doctor?

Sort of. Tom Baker was a curator at the museum at the end of that episode rather than a Doctor. But the character seemed genre-savvy, like he knew he was in the story (or once had been) That's what I remember, anyway.

I recall Baker's character stating that when you get old enough, "you return to the old faces".

Well the Tardis looks a bit different.

I haven't watched the new doctor's episodes yet, but I have managed to watch Jodie Whittaker being interviewed on the Graham Norton show. I recommend it.

So now we "know" who Banksy is!

I don't consider the Curator and the Doctor to be the same person, at least not without more than wishful thinking.

If you want a straightforward answer, I'd have to say it was in The Five Doctors - because of the footage used of Shada that was never properly finished. So... in my opinion the last time was in 1983, as The Five Doctors was the 20th anniversary special.

Top Bottom