The Doctor is coming, the Doctor is coming!!

Has The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot been posted here?

Well, don't everyone answer at once... :(

In the meantime, I just saw this First Doctor fan film (contains some partially bleeped out words, so technically NSFW):

I thought the writing last season sucked. I feel sorry for Capaldi having to go out with such a whimper. He's a great actor, and his first season was pretty good. (except the Ashildr a.k.a "Me" thing got a bit tiresome, and Clara hung around too long)

"Missy" (Michelle Gomez) as the Master, played as a kinda evil Mary Poppins type, was one of the best casting jobs ever. I hope Jodie Whittaker is as good, but I suspect she will suffer with the same bad writing Capaldi did.

Last edited:
Colin Baker is coming to town to a comic con, meh. I'd probably go if it was Tom.

Colin Baker is coming to town to a comic con, meh. I'd probably go if it was Tom.
Tom Baker is over 80 and not traveling a lot anymore, at least not running around to American conventions.

I've heard Colin Baker speak on a variety of topics. He's worth the time to listen to, and if I had the chance to meet him, I'd jump at it.

Huh. Well, I like most of it. The colors are fine, and the outfit itself isn't outlandish. However, she either needs longer pants, or longer socks, or higher boots. That bare skin looks ridiculous, not to mention it's dumb for an adventurer to run around like that. If she ever visits North America, she's asking for poison ivy or Lyme disease.

A cute video someone posted in the Doctor Who subforum at TrekBBS:

The Space Channel is running a Doctor Who marathon today, starting at 6 am. No, I don't plan to watch it all, but I will record it. The Christmas special is on tonight.

Nice, but "sneakers" sounds so wrong in any Doctor-related context!

The Christmas special was quite nice, though there wasn't really a whole lot of story to it, and the basic idea was a bit of a cheat really. But the "old Doctor meets new Doctor" thing was as fun as it always is.

Plotinus! :)

You're not that old. (I've had a Plotinus moment recently. Serves me right for shaving my face and wearing shorts).

Anyway, I haven't watched the entire last season series and IIRC part of the one before that. Can I skip straight ahead and watch the Jodie Whittaker episodes until SyFy does a rerun? Or is there any teeeerrible spoiler?

I imagine that given that it's not just a new Doctor (and new companions) but a new executive producer, you'd be fine doing that.

But it would be a shame to miss the last Capaldi series, since it was practically a fresh start in its own right (they even called the first episode "Pilot") and easily his best, I think. Also Matt Lucas!

@Takhisis: Watch the Christmas show. I enjoyed it, even with the presence of that awful Clara (she wasn't there long enough to ruin it). The rest of the show is decent, and I do plan to give the new Doctor a chance.

Twitch is running a Classic Who marathon now. The first story is on now, and they've also run The Daleks and The Edge of Destruction.

There's a chat going on as well, to the right of the screen (if you don't have it on fullscreen). It's mind-croggling how some young people can't fathom how things were in the 1960s.

But it would be a shame to miss the last Capaldi series, since it was practically a fresh start in its own right (they even called the first episode "Pilot") and easily his best, I think. Also Matt Lucas!
I've seen some random post-Clara episodes. Not bad. I haven't seen Matt Lucas there yet (I did see him on Les Miserábles, though).

So I'm the only one here who's watching the marathon?

What a shame. They showed The Keys of Marinus and The Sensorites yesterday.

Top Bottom