The drawing thread

Would this include MS Paint? XD

Well, I was feeling like drawing something and came out with this very simple, but imo quite pretty image:

and also this thing

Skaden the Wolf, an original character for a project - read, an attempt at a novel - I'm working on. He's a wolf incubus, with all the neat powers that come with it. I always lamented the lack of awesome incubi in our modern fiction... so I figured I'd try to remedy that!

Skaden is basically the guardian demon of the other main character.

Now I'm divided on the name... I pronounced it "Skah-din", whereas my mother pronounces it "Skay-din", and I think that second one is actually pretty catchy...

Taniciusfox said:
Now I'm divided on the name... I pronounced it "Skah-din", whereas my mother pronounces it "Skay-din", and I think that second one is actually pretty catchy...
And according to the English language it's also more correct. :p

Skaden with the other main character. Since Skaden is an incubus, he has several forms due to his shapeshifting capabilities. The lower left shows a reference of his "dad" form, which he assumes whenever he's with adults and running errands, so as to maintain a facade of normal life, while in the lower right, you can see his default human form when no one else is around.

The lower right totally was not made so young yet still buff to usurp Jacob Black. Totally.

These are concept sketches, hence why they're not super-detailed(and why the eraser marks have not been deleted); it's so I have a general idea what the hell I'm describing when I write.

And according to the English language it's also more correct. :p

Funny you should say that, considering I believe I got it by butchering the word schatten(shadow) from German...

So if we go by the origins, "Skah-din" is more correct... but "Skay-din" also sounds cool... :crazyeye:

I'll toss a bit into the arena, a bit of old drawings and one more recent...

The pictures are characters from a series of stories I'm working on, the characters are as following:

PITCH - wears a Panda mask; is a homeless vagrant, ecentric and actually quite brillant.

HANAKO - A Flower Girl (similiar to Geisha) known for her cleverness and respect for culture and art; she and Pitch are somewhat 'involved' in a relationship.

EDGAR WRIGHT - A bit different syle, I help to fix that up. Edgar Rudolph Wright is a character with history; he was a soldier, a philosopher, a diplomate, an engineer and a teacher. His leg was wounded in a factor accident when he was young so now he wears a brace.

Hopefully, I can update these characters and post more over time.

Attachments

• Pitch _ Redraw.png
    Pitch _ Redraw.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 105
  • HanakoV1.jpg
    HanakoV1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Edgar Wright.jpg
    Edgar Wright.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 68
Good to see you back. :)

Is he named after the director?

Unfortuantly not; its just an ironic coincidence.

Original I just refered to the character as the Writer (funnily, he refers to himself as a failed writer as he's tried to finish writing a book but never has); when I decided to make him a more important character I needed a name.

First, I thought of some inspiring sources until I decided on the first name: Edgar, inspired from Edgar Allan Poe.

With the last name I though for a long time but I couldn't come up with anything.

So I decided to go with a crappy ploy; he likes to write, so I'll just call him WRIGHT :p bam, done, screw off, shops closed! Thus I had decided.

Wasn't until watching Shaun of the Dead that I realized the irony of it all.

Back to show off some newer-but-less-worked-on works.
All these characters are from people I've known and seen in dA.

This character will most likely make a cameo-appearance in DYOS someday, since the owner of the character is a friend of mine.

There wasn't much work with this one. Still this character is rather cute. I know next to nothing about it though.

This character somehow gained alot of fame in dA in a while. It has changed design alot through it's character-development. Meself believe it to have changed for the best, both characteristic-wise physically and personality.

An old favorite of mine, mostly because of it's design. The character deems rather interesting, but it's been ignored by it's owner for quite some time lately.

It's been a while, so here's an image I did for the epilogue to Imperium Offtopicum IV in Forum Games:

Ukrainian soldiers sample soil in the irradiated wastes of Bulgaria.
I think it was either World War IV or V; needless to say, it went nuclear.

I started this drawing when I was on holiday back in August but only managed to finish it less than a week ago.

This drawing I did quickly in about 10 minutes while doing some drawing practice.

I can't decide which one's better. Consider your tummy scratched.

I've been tinkering around with a VN program, and as such I've been reworking some of my older drawings and characters.

I've begun with Edgar Wright; in this drawing the character is far younger then in the last, plus I feel I've touched up on my style, making it a bit smoother.

As you can see, whether he is old and with a beard, or young and smoking a pipe; he is always at the forefront of fashion. Also, I added more detail to the leg brace.

Any comments?

Attachments

• Edgar_Rudolph_Wright (Young_1).png
    Edgar_Rudolph_Wright (Young_1).png
    246 KB · Views: 59
heh, thanks; its a start, the whole VN process is gonna take awhile, but I do feel it opens up a whole new venue of storytelling that really hasn't been touched on, and if I'm right it could turn out really well.

and I'm talking about a whole lot more then branching storylines :)

Ah yes, I actually got one more picture I finished up a bit ago, but I'm a bit more mixed on it.

Sultan Bayezid III, Emperor of the Sarakenoi Empire; he plays a minor role in the story, yet ironically I spent 3 hours drawing... 2 1/2 of which went to drawing the hand holding the cane (I bloody hate hands!)

I'm not as happy with this one; I don't know why, maybe its lacking a bit of darker colors. Wright had his vest (which would either be maroon or emerald) and its shading added a bit to the picture, but Bayezid sorta lacks that.

I'll have to contemplate whether it will be the final version or not.

Attachments

• Sultan_Bayezid_III (Sarakenoi_Empire).png
    Sultan_Bayezid_III (Sarakenoi_Empire).png
    206.7 KB · Views: 137
Top Bottom