The evidence is here, now you decide....

Well, BJ, if "God alone is", then all experiences are the divine, no? They're not even different intensities of divine. All are equally divine.

Geez, I hate people who do this. Out of all major religions, it is Christianity that has to appeal to people's fears of the rapture. This isn't evidence at all!

Ok. Just stop. The world has existed billions of years. And there's evidence to support that: fossils, old bones, you name it.

Now let's think about God, even though I'm an atheist:
Firstly, if God wished to bring destruction on this world with a rapture, then all "good" values about God will be utterly false since he won't care anything he creates, he'll just wipe it off the map. Why would you construct a world that works perfectly, only then to destroy it with a rapture? Tell me that! Secondly, religions are supposed to encourage people to be "better" people. With christianity, all it does is provide impossible morals, such as no greed, no hate and giving away everything to the poor, to live by. And now God is "supposedly" going to destroy us for not following those rules. And you believe this, Birdjaguar? Lastly, why does this sort of nonsense have to be passed around? I can now understand why I hear the phrase "god-fearing" christians a lot. And then i say, "hang on a sec, I thought god was supposed to preach hope!"

This topic needs to be locked. :thumbsdown:

No. This thread is so entertaining and enlightening!

Hey, I'm still here! Wait- Where is everyone!!!!

I've been raptured. See you chumps later.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am really really looking forward to life without all those rapturees! The air feels less oppressive already. Let's call this new day ...

Nonjudgment day

Just a reminder to ye heathens that you must say your prayers for ye wilt die on the 21st.

So, how are you going to spend your final ten days?

Is it PST or East Coast time? My wife and I have Journey/Foreigner concert tickets that night so we want to cover all our bases before the night ends. Any advice?
I'll guess PST since the pastor, if I remember correctly, lives in Washington or Oregon.

I'll drop ya a line in eleven days. :)
Sure. I'll let you know how pretty it is up in Heaven. Hope to see you there. ;)

Edit: Double post.

Is it PST or East Coast time? My wife and I have Journey/Foreigner concert tickets that night so we want to cover all our bases before the night ends. Any advice?
You are listening to Journey, I wouldn't worry about where you end up since the place can't be any worse. In fact, it might be an improvement over a Journey concert.:p

So I'm assuming this guy got his doomsday calculations right this time. That would mean I won't have to rush to meet the December deadlines, which would be great.

How many TV interviews do you think he or his followers will get on the 22nd?

Top Bottom