• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Great Lolcat Internet Phenomenon

Do you like lolcats?

• Total voters
Some are relatively funny, although the language used is horrible, both grammatical and spelling. Therefore, I am indifferent.
Lolcats is the ONLY time I tolerate "chatspeak" or "lolspeak". Actually, I have a subscription to I Can Has Cheezburger? and get a dose of lolcat funnies every evening. Some are so-so, and some leave me in stitches... but I look forward to them, and occasionally pop over to the site and make one.

Humor by ******s, for ******s.
Some of it is downright obscene. But the best of it is cute, funny, and inspirational.

BTW, here is another take on the bear in the tree:

Haven't you ever wanted to say this when the evangelists come calling?

I've known cats like this...

Attachments

• DUH.jpg
    DUH.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 54
I think pets are horrible things that crap in people's homes, are ******ing us socially and are devastating us ecologically.

But lolcats are funny. I'm not blind.

We actually sell a full color 150 page of these at the bookstore where I work. Which leaves me wondering, is it safe to have these on the internet given the risk that they will seep out and infect the real world?

Otherwise lolcats are quite funny, or quite dumb depending on how well they are done.

How do you feel about the lolcat phenomenon?

For those who haven't heard about it. Basically it's mostly about taking photo's of cats and adding captions to them from the cats point of view.

Here are s few examples of some lolcats.
Photographs of crap, whether feline or human, or from any other animal, are not cute. (To the ignorant: I'm referring to the lolcat photo where the cat is in the photo with his own crap.)

When you realise that all this lolcat, epic fail, ricklol etc crap was invented by fat, teenaged, spotty, nerdy Americans, you realise how these phenomena are simply stupid.

Hey! I'm a fat, nerdy, middle-aged American. Stop with the stereotypes!

P.S. - the very use of the word 'meme' pisses me off. Don't call things that.

I don't know what dawkinite is. I just can't stand the word meme because they(*) created a stupid word just to sound special to describe something that already had perfectly good words available to describe them.

(*) - yes, "they". That mysterious group of people who are to blame for everything.

Hey! I'm a fat, nerdy, middle-aged American. Stop with the stereotypes!

P.S. - the very use of the word 'meme' pisses me off. Don't call things that.

Oh, get over it, grandpa.

I don't know what dawkinite is. I just can't stand the word meme because they(*) created a stupid word just to sound special to describe something that already had perfectly good words available to describe them.

(*) - yes, "they". That mysterious group of people who are to blame for everything.

They didn't. There are good words for fads and crap (lolcats, this will hurt obama), but not memes.

Some people get so worked up over things they can ignore.

Top Bottom