Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Well there's still problem . I have put the "TGW-DIV" folder and the "TGW-DIV 1.4.biq" file inside the the "D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests" directory and when I start the game , though I can select which side to play with , when the game is about to start and see the map , it gets stucked . I can see the loading mesage on my screen ( it sais "Configuring scenario ..." ) but nothing more . . . Oh , there is something more : without having finished the loading , the Culture Advisor pops up and tells me that the Germans build a meracle . . .
Is there anything I can do ? I also installed the above files in the "Scenario" folder , but it's the same problem .

iliekater said:
Well there's still problem . I have put the "TGW-DIV" folder and the "TGW-DIV 1.4.biq" file inside the the "D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Conquests" directory and when I start the game , though I can select which side to play with , when the game is about to start and see the map , it gets stucked . I can see the loading mesage on my screen ( it sais "Configuring scenario ..." ) but nothing more . . . Oh , there is something more : without having finished the loading , the Culture Advisor pops up and tells me that the Germans build a meracle . . .
Is there anything I can do ? I also installed the above files in the "Scenario" folder , but it's the same problem .
first of all, i think you have to install it in the D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\scenarios folder. secondly, this is a huge scenario, so loading takes a long time. you'll just have to be patient. the fact that the culture advisor pops up indicates that the scenario is loading. give it some time.

I had also tried that folder too ( I forgot to mention that above ) . However something seems to be wrong . You know the screen at the setup where you choose which side you will play ? Where you can choose among German empire , British etc ? Well , though on some of the countries their leader is replaced by a flag ( which makes me think that the scenario was loaded ) on some other countries their leader is the one shown in the Conquers too . I could say "well that's fine" , but though the British Empire has a man as its leader ( I can't remeber right now his name ) , in the picture is shown Queen Elisabeth ! ! ! This made think that firstly the game loaded data from the TGW folder and next kept loading from the CivIII folders and actually replaced files that had the same name . . . I don't know what to say . . . By the way : exactly at this moment I checked my CivIII , which is running , and it still doesn't go any further . It's been stucked for 15 minutes . . .
I can only imagine one solution : make my own WWI scenario by taking data out of TGW folder and using its map , but on the other hand I don't want to do that ; it's like stealing somebody's else work . . .
Just in case you wonder : I have a Pentium 4 at 3000 MHz with 1024 MB RAM , so that the problem it's not some poor PC .

OK ! You were right . I just had to give it some time ( and also press the OK on those two advisors that come out , so that I don't have to wait 15 minutes ) . My opinion is that this game is great ! I haven't seen other scenarios , but the naval units look great !
A great thanks to the creators .

iliekater said:
OK ! You were right . I just had to give it some time ( and also press the OK on those two advisors that come out , so that I don't have to wait 15 minutes ) . My opinion is that this game is great ! I haven't seen other scenarios , but the naval units look great !

glad to know that it worked out. i actually had the same problem last year when i first loaded this scenario; i didn't realize it would take this long. regarding the leaderheads that you were talking about (elizabeth for the male leader of GB), maybe they did not give the flag to GB, and instead put elizabeth's leaderhead as a substitute cause there might not be a King George III (I think) leaderhead made yet.

What Civ edition do you have ? It should me Conquests one . Download the files as listed above and unzip them in the following directory :
D:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\scenarios

iliekater said:

iliekater,

Thank you.

I am glad to hear that the problems have been solved.

Rocoteh

Just to clarify in case this issue has been address before, I haven't bothered to read any previous posts. So if this issue has already been brought up, then nevermind.

In TGW-DIV version, there's a major problem with the trench war side of the game. The AI does not try to defend their trenches AT ALL; they simply take the troops out of the trenches and cram them into their cities and go on suicide rushes towards pointless goals. Playing as either France or Germany, you can EASILY take over the trenches within the first few turns and then it's just a matter of systematically taking down the enemy's cities with massed artillery and armies from there.

The only thing I can think of to make the AI actually want to fight for the trenches with at least a few troops would be to put VPs on every single trench. This way, the AI will commit at least 2-3 troops per VP point trench. The value of the VPs will have to be reduced accordingly, however.

IXIRandyIXI said:
Just to clarify in case this issue has been address before, I haven't bothered to read any previous posts. So if this issue has already been brought up, then nevermind.

In TGW-DIV version, there's a major problem with the trench war side of the game. The AI does not try to defend their trenches AT ALL; they simply take the troops out of the trenches and cram them into their cities and go on suicide rushes towards pointless goals. Playing as either France or Germany, you can EASILY take over the trenches within the first few turns and then it's just a matter of systematically taking down the enemy's cities with massed artillery and armies from there.

The only thing I can think of to make the AI actually want to fight for the trenches with at least a few troops would be to put VPs on every single trench. This way, the AI will commit at least 2-3 troops per VP point trench. The value of the VPs will have to be reduced accordingly, however.

IXIRandyIXI,

OK, I will see what I do to change this should there be a
version 1.5 of TGW-DIV.
Its possible TGW 2.1 and TGW-DIV 1.4 were the last versions
of this scenario though.

Should CIV 4 present important new tools for scenario-creators
its possible the scenario will be redesigned.

Rocoteh

An update:

I placed VPLs on all the trenches in Europe and along the A-H and Italian border (for a total of 60 VPLs around the entire map) and lowered the VPL value to 20. The AI defends its own trenches and goes for the other trenches much more aggressively now. It only puts 2-3 troops in each trench, but that's still better than nothing.

In case you want the changed .biq, I'll attach it to this post so you can look at it. I really think the change is for the better. :goodjob:

Attachments

• TGW-DIV 1.4.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 128
Rocoteh said:
IXIRandyIXI,

OK, I will see what I do to change this should there be a
version 1.5 of TGW-DIV.
Its possible TGW 2.1 and TGW-DIV 1.4 were the last versions
of this scenario though.

Should CIV 4 present important new tools for scenario-creators
its possible the scenario will be redesigned.

Rocoteh
They probably were.

It was a bit slow playing for my taste, but nevertheless it was
very well done.
I can certainly understand that there comes a point where it's
simply time to move on to other things.

I think the Russians should be greatly nerfed in this scenario. Lots of units, but make the units very weak. It would be much more realistic. In the first world war the Russians had a few very strong divisions. However most of their army was illiterate and didn't even have the proper amount weapons, shells and equipment to fight. Some of the soldiers didn't even have boots. They had only about half the required artillery shells to put up a proper defense, and about half of the Russian soldiers in 1915 didn't have rifles.

Top Bottom