The Iron Will and Positivity Thread

I suggest taking relaxing baths and listen to soothing music to lower your blood pressure. I've read studies proving that when you take a warm bath every day, and listen to gentle music (I highly recommend Dark Sky Island by Enya, that's my favorite for de-stressing) regularly, you will lower your blood pressure.

Fill up your tub with hot water, toss in some salts, like some candles, put on the music, and soak for a while ... you'll be so glad you did.

good news: been investing way, way more time into my mod and making good progress. haven't smoked in three days now. small breaks like this are my way of apologizing profusely to my lungs and hoping they can regenerate even a tiny bit. I need a vacation :lol:

The thing is, I already do exercise a good amount (I bike 20 miles a week to and from work, and getting back into the stride of doing 14 mile hikes on the weekend) so if anything I would expect my blood pressure to be on the low end of normal.

Oh, the other thing is copious weed smoking, I'm pretty sure that jacks my blood pressure up too. But I'm less prepared to stop that than to make dietary changes which frankly need to happen even if my blood pressure was perfect.

same. I really, really hate it. I only do like 3 to 4 doobies a day but that's already way too much for an asthmatic. that and fatty, salty food are basically my only matters of self-destruction I have left and I cherish them.. if only regulation and discipline wasn't so hard.

I suggest taking relaxing baths and listen to soothing music to lower your blood pressure. I've read studies proving that when you take a warm bath every day, and listen to gentle music (I highly recommend Dark Sky Island by Enya, that's my favorite for de-stressing) regularly, you will lower your blood pressure.

Fill up your tub with hot water, toss in some salts, like some candles, put on the music, and soak for a while ... you'll be so glad you did.

warning: this is dangerous. in our house we don't pay for water, so I can take as many baths as I want. and now I bathe almost every day. my morning routine now takes 2 hours instead of 90 minutes and I sometimes can't start my day without a short bath. it's just too nice, too comfortable :lol: bathing is the best.

I only do like 3 to 4 doobies a day

I'm doing like 3 or 4 bong bowls on a weekday, but like 7 or 9 or something on weekends, and I always bring some fat Js on hikes...

in our house we don't pay for water

ugh same except my bathtub is too small and shared with two other people so taking baths is not much of an option except when I'm at my parents house (then I sometimes do it multiple times a day because it feels so damn good)

I'm happy with myself, I've been fully vegetarian for just about three weeks now. I'm not missing meat at all, and I'm very glad for protein substitutes.

I'm starting a new yoga class on Saturday ... I'm finally getting back into some kind of fitness program. I'd considered a bunch of things, like martial arts and just free-form exercise, but those just didn't work out for me. I have a good feeling about this class, something just feels right about it.

I'd considered a bunch of things, like martial arts and just free-form exercise, but those just didn't work out for me

Why is that? I dont know much about it but it is surely fun

I won my family's weight loss competition losing 19.6 lbs/9.6% of my weight in 13 weeks. Then I gained like 2 back over a vacation weekend lol. Back on track now, but without the pressure to win I'm going to go slower. Down ~25 for the year and I want to do another 15-20 and see how I look but it'll probably take me until December. Eating 1500 calories a day sucks and I'm going to up it.

I won my family's weight loss competition losing 19.6 lbs/9.6% of my weight in 13 weeks. Then I gained like 2 back over a vacation weekend lol. Back on track now, but without the pressure to win I'm going to go slower. Down ~25 for the year and I want to do another 15-20 and see how I look but it'll probably take me until December. Eating 1500 calories a day sucks and I'm going to up it.
Congratulations! I hope your other family members are still happy with their progress :)

I need to go back below 1,000 calories ... I increased my food consumption like people everywhere told me to, and my weight loss has completely stalled. I was doing so well on like 700-800 calories a day.

Why is that? I dont know much about it but it is surely fun
I don't know, I guess it just doesn't suit my personality. I need something calm and organized, and I'm feeling heavily drawn to the tranquility promised by yoga.

I missed my first class on Saturday by accident, I confused the times. But I met the group I'll be with, there are three other women who are all extremely nice, and we talked for about half an hour. I'm looking forward to this Saturday.

I don't know, I guess it just doesn't suit my personality. I need something calm and organized, and I'm feeling heavily drawn to the tranquility promised by yoga.

You may consider Wushu, or the one more calmer and organized than that will be Tai Chi if you ever consider one.

Thank you ... I think also perhaps there's just that fact that martial arts have a basis in violence which really sort of turns me off.

Guys my self-control failed me today, I failed to not listen to "Any Way You Want it" by Journey on repeat all day

I must have missed something. Why is that a problem? I've binged on worse songs. (think BOC)

SHE SAID HOHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOHOHOHOOOOLD ON HOOOOOLD ON HOOOOOOOLD ON HOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOHOOOOOOHOOOLD ON

not as bad as 'I want to do your daughter on a dirt road' Or GODZILLA

To be clear I don't think it's a bad song at all lol it's just when I listen to a song on repeat it can ruin it for me in future

That's the beauty of getting old. Every day is a new day. :lol:

I am concluding that it may not be morally permissible for me to fly on airplanes anymore.

Why is that, Lexicus?

Carbon footprint too large. Most places I want to fly to, you can take a train to - takes longer, but you can do it. There is also the matter of 'overtourism' affecting parks and historical cities and landmarks.

Top Bottom