the kid anubis LeaderHead Thread

I imported Ragnor's helmet and cape. However, I mistakenly attached the cape to her head and not her torso :blush:

I also made her look a little younger.

Next up is implementing The Capo's bra suggestion (as well as fixing that cape). I think I will also remove the helmet sides and back and see about Ghengis' fur hat lining.

For getting Ragnor's armor texture over to the new viking leader, is it better to remap the texture to ragnor's dds file or edit victoria's dds file with the new texture? It seems that if I 'cut and paste' into victoria's dds file, the mapping will take care of itself where as if I remap to Ragnor's there might be gaps and things stretch a little oddly.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Attachments

• f_viking2.JPG
    f_viking2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 126
For getting Ragnor's armor texture over to the new viking leader, is it better to remap the texture to ragnor's dds file or edit victoria's dds file with the new texture? It seems that if I 'cut and paste' into victoria's dds file, the mapping will take care of itself where as if I remap to Ragnor's there might be gaps and things stretch a little oddly.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

nice looking brunhilda or whatever so far.

you can clone brush over rangar's exture onto victoria (use the nonshader though). but if you do make sure you do the same with te norm/nrml file so when its shadered it loks better. this all can be done with clone brush.

Precisely what I was going to tell you. :goodjob:

I still think you should add the Ragnar-helmet-bra thing, but I have an idea. If you colored the bra and helmet gold it would make it look a bit more unique. And again, for more uniqueness use the trim on Genghis Khan's hat around the base of the helmet OR around the bases of both horns. If possible make her arms bare OR put Hannibal's shoulder guards on her shoulders and I think it would look fantastic. :goodjob:

Hell, I bet cfkane would love to add this to his Fictionalization mod, provided he's still editing it.

Precisely what I was going to tell you. :goodjob:

I still think you should add the Ragnar-helmet-bra thing, but I have an idea. If you colored the bra and helmet gold it would make it look a bit more unique. And again, for more uniqueness use the trim on Genghis Khan's hat around the base of the helmet OR around the bases of both horns. If possible make her arms bare OR put Hannibal's shoulder guards on her shoulders and I think it would look fantastic. :goodjob:

Hell, I bet cfkane would love to add this to his Fictionalization mod, provided he's still editing it.

I'm already planning on a 'chain bikini' type thing with your bra suggestion :) the tricky part for me will be fixing the 'cuffs' on her arms. hopefully I'll have the next step ready later tonight.

I don't think it looks bad, but I'd recommend removing the cape. Ragnar has it, and combined with his helmet it just screams of Ragnar. I think it will look more unique without the cape, although, as I said before, it looks good.

I don't think it looks bad, but I'd recommend removing the cape. Ragnar has it, and combined with his helmet it just screams of Ragnar. I think it will look more unique without the cape, although, as I said before, it looks good.

I know what you mean about the cape. I'm thinking of trying it a different color, like blue. If still looks too 'ragnar' I'll strongly think about deleting it, especially if the helmet/bra idea works well.

last night was more of a learning/experimenting than actually getting a lot of progress made. I removed parts of the helmet as well as play around with vertices and textures. I gave her a bit of a face lift (lips and neck).

I need to pull the camera back since I started on the chainmail bra, but you can't see it. Also I still plan to try the fur from Ghengis' helmet. Still lots to do but it's been a great practical learning experience.

Attachments

• f_viking3.JPG
    f_viking3.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 129
Personally, I don't think you should put make-up on her.

And please put clothing on her. :goodjob:

The clothes are there (ok, mostly there in that version). The camera was cutting her torso off and I did have to move up her top. She'll be more dignified in the next screen shot.

I'll take out the eye shadow in the next version.

I have been trying to look for a cool BG for you to use for this, did you want something dark and ominous, something mystical, or something simple?

I have been trying to look for a cool BG for you to use for this, did you want something dark and ominous, something mystical, or something simple?

probably dark and ominous. But I'd be happy with any help finding a background. I'm just using a non-animated version of Ragnor's background for the moment.

still playing around with this LH. I'm happy with the blond braids but clearly missed something in transfering over the fur from genghis' helmet.

Also have much work with the skin texture, but the chainmail top is coming along (still need to do the helmet/bra). The background camera is off. thought I had that fixed until I tested out this version of the LH.

Attachments

• f_viking4.JPG
    f_viking4.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 136
Either copy or add an alphaproperty to the fur lining. It also appears that you only got the lining and not the base it is supposed to be on top of.

Top Bottom