the kid anubis LeaderHead Thread

So I'm back with another version of my female viking, Freydis. I cleaned up the makeup, took off the fur lining, and used Ragnor's backgroung to get a working versions. I'm unhappy with her arms, which look fine in Blender but weird in the game. I'm playing around with zooming the camera in to hide more of the arms.

Attachments

• freydisScreen.jpg
    freydisScreen.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
Yeah, I can't decide which is worse - the flabby arms or the idea she's naked except for the cape. I'm tempted to just be done and chalk it up to my first leaderhead and get on with the next one.

making skin look normal in animations is harder than clothing. what does adding shaders do to the texture?

and you could always release a version 1 and come back to it after you get more LHs under your belt

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Vikings did not discover the concept of make-up in the Dark Ages.;)
They didn't discover chainmail bikinis or horned helmets either so there's no problem with makeup.

Next up for me is Seondeok, a female Korean leader:

"Seondeok reigned as Queen of Silla, one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, from 632 to 647. She was Silla's twenty-seventh ruler, and its first reigning queen."

Any suggestions for which leader to use as a base? Hatsheput seems over-used for an Asian leader. Maybe Elizabeth with some skinning?

I think Elizabeth would look good, you should try that out. Maybe with the hair from Ekmek's Trung Sisters (I'm not sure which though). For the clothing, you might want to go in a different direction than just using Qin Shi Huang's or Kublai Khan's clothing, maybe try to use Wang Kon's or a hybrid of them.

I've started playing around with making Seondeok. In an ideal world, I'll get her to look like the attached pic (which ain't gonna happen). I'm playing with the textures and this is what I've got so far. I'm just starting in Blender and I plan to swap the crown with wang kon's hat. We'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• cast0.jpg
    cast0.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 198
So I'm back with another version of my female viking, Freydis. I cleaned up the makeup, took off the fur lining, and used Ragnor's backgroung to get a working versions. I'm unhappy with her arms, which look fine in Blender but weird in the game. I'm playing around with zooming the camera in to hide more of the arms.

I downloaded your file onto a thumb drive to scan then double clicked it but it doesn't show up when I load my Beyond the Sword game anywhere. I've tried both Play Now & Custom Games nor does it appear in any of the folder option in the game. I've tried both the regular version and the mod I've created and it doesn't appear in either, the reason I don't think the mod a created is working. But when I do a file search I show up in the Civ IV file. Does it work in Civ IV and not Beyond the Sword? If so how do I get it loaded into Beyond the Sword.

I downloaded your file onto a thumb drive to scan then double clicked it but it doesn't show up when I load my Beyond the Sword game anywhere. I've tried both Play Now & Custom Games nor does it appear in any of the folder option in the game. I've tried both the regular version and the mod I've created and it doesn't appear in either, the reason I don't think the mod a created is working. But when I do a file search I show up in the Civ IV file. Does it work in Civ IV and not Beyond the Sword? If so how do I get it loaded into Beyond the Sword.

So this file isn't modular. you will have to add it mannually. I believe in the actual file thread I posted the xml tags you'd need to load it. I will be releasing my Women of the Sword mod in another month and she will part of that. Let me know if my answer isn't clear.

So I've got some new head gear for Seondeok, but when I'm saving the nifswap, I get this error:

"link points to wrong block type"

Just guessing, but this could be that I don't have the textures mapped correctly to the head gear. Or maybe I don't have the head gear attached in Blender? Any suggestions? I'll keep trouble shooting.

So I've got some new head gear for Seondeok, but when I'm saving the nifswap, I get this error:

"link points to wrong block type"

Just guessing, but this could be that I don't have the textures mapped correctly to the head gear. Or maybe I don't have the head gear attached in Blender? Any suggestions? I'll keep trouble shooting.

can you post a screenshot. or maybe the two nifs your trying to dwap. it may be rigging error or something else. If you made a mistake I'll probably cath it quick since I've one just about every mistake possible ;)

Top Bottom