The Kiwis Thread.

Originally posted by scorch
ABs vs Italy? I thought it was a pretty boring game, good result, but boring.

Actually I meant the Ireland game. Pretty dismal performance by our beloved All Blacks

Originally posted by Groovin'
What did everyone think of the Maori / Wallabie game? It was awesome to be at the stadium in the dying minutes, if only what his name had passed the ball.... it was a 3 on 1 overlap... and it woulda been all over... with a different result!!!

Best game Ive seen in a while.:goodjob:

hehe... good old wainui! how is the place... technically i should change my location details, as i've just recently moved to oz, but wainui sounds better than being seen as a aussie, lol.

The ABs have redeemed themselves somewhat with the second game against the irish. Hopefully they will thrash Fiji this weekend.

Yes, i quite enjoyed the game, though, i was only watching the replay in the morning with a hangover, comparing rugby to chess.

Hey! I just realized that my last name is 'Kivi'! Am I allowed to spam here with you
because of that...? Oh, C'mon... pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeee...

Pretty please? Oh, ok, not then.

I forgot to vote, living in oz and everything. It's just not that interesting.... im a bit undecided on this MMP thing. At first it seemed like the best idea, now we get assorted wacko's who would never make it under FPP, governing us.

I think both MMP and FPP are dumb.

I we should have 100 seats, and they are all held in proportion of of how the people vote. So if 10% of people want to vote for greens, then greens hold 10 seats. The problem with the current system, is that the minority partys lose out, because they aren't big enough to have electorates everywhere.

So heres my ideal system.

100 seats.

When you vote, you vote for 1 electorate of that can live ANYWHERE, and that counts for one vote for that party.

So if you vote for Tony Ryall (a popular national MP, from BOP), then National will get one vote, and of tony will get one vote.

Then at the end, if national has 20% of all the votes, then national will get 20 seats, those 20 seats will goto the MPs of national that get the most votes, so for example, if of all the national votes, tony gets the most, he will get the first seat, etc etc etc.

This way, it shows a correct representation of the people in parliment.

also... say tony does get in, then he doesn't have to do whatever national wants him to, as the people voted for HIM, it should be up to HIM to decide, not his leader or whatever. Thats why all votes in parliment should be confidential.

Yep. You did.

I guess we are really starting to see the adverse side of MMP. I think we should hold a referendum, and go back to first-past-the-post. Of course, with the major parties getting less than the 75% (or whatever the threshold is), I bet that the result would be to keep MMP - ineffectual or not.

Suddenly the government doesn't seem to be about governing anymore - too busy keeping all the coalition partners happy.

NZ politics are f*cking stupid. I guess like all politics though.

Why does labour care that they are only 40%, THATS HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE!, thats how it was voted, only 40% think that lavour should control, labour only should get 40% control.

It makes it artificial if they are gonna be in power anyway.

Top Bottom