1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Most annoing ai CIV

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gundam, Sep 24, 2002.

1. dayfax

dayfax Chieftain

On diff levels Regent and below, I'd have to say Russia is most annoying, with England a close second. Russia is the most thuggish at those levels, the only civ that would demand some sort of tribute or use sneak attacks in nearly every game I played with them.

On Monarch (highest I've gotten so far), I'd have to go with the Zulus ... they run those damned Impi thorugh your territory, you ask them to leave, they say okay okay, but then keep right on going, finally you say leave and or declare war (why is that the only option at that point?) and _every_ time they will declare war. Not a big deal, because hey, they're just Impi, but those Impi have a 2 movement rate and will zip through your territory destroing improvements + hitting strategic resources. Very, very annoying.

2. Lynx

Lynx Prince

I hate the goddamn Russians, they are too overconfident and never surrender, even if they have only one city left:mad:

3. Clown2TheLeft

Clown2TheLeft Prince

Ashes to ashes,
    Dust to dust.
    If it wern't for Shaka,
    My bombers would rust.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

4. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Any aggressive ai civ is annoying (Zulu, Germany, aztecs, etc). they always start wars when I don't want that, so I'll usually just try to keep them at war with eachother, until I'm ready to start and FINISH the war...
    Oh, and the Greeks, Alexander really gets on my nerves!

5. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Why Alex? He's pays up big for stuff. I offered him oil and he coughed up 115 gpt. And in that same game, he'll also give me 15 gpt for any lux or resource I offer. Alex only gets on my nerves with his modern day ages picture.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein Barely hominid

I truly hate the aztecs and the japanese. They are aggressive and really obnoxious, placing their cities all over the place.

7. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Alex just gets on my nerves because he always wants a part of the (big) part of the world that I own. The Greeks have been in every game I've played so far and in nearly all these games they've attacked me without provocation... Ah well, maybe I'll get lucky and Alexander will start showing some good sense and just stay peaceful for a change.

8. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

Zulu and Iroquis. They always declare war on me when it's the last thing I need. In example when I've just changed government from despotism to republic in order to build and research.

9. Thunderfire

Thunderfire Chieftain

The Chinese. Riders are fast and the Chinese seem
    to win most AI vs Ai wars. They can get really powerfull
    and fighting hordes of Riders can be pretty challenging.

10. Rabid Pop Tart

Rabid Pop Tart Aspiring Graphic Designer

Neither Pesia nor Zulu are that bad...if I'm not either of them they'll be wiped out very early in the game. Russia is usually a world power for me, and Germany is quite annoying.

~ Brendan

11. Sgt.Hellfish

Sgt.Hellfish King of the Oceans

Well i dont like any of em (excluding Rome and England) Babylon is realy annoying on my first game they cripled me and kept about 50 cavalry in my empire and I cudnt do a thing about it! But America is wrose they never like me, they have too much money and they just embargo every1

12. West German

West German Warlord

13. jorge_roberto

jorge_roberto Warlord

I usually have problems with France. They always build a good infrastructure and a powerfull economy.

Russians are hard to win too. I hate the cossaks. And their empire is usually big enough to give me trouble.

I almost always destroy Rome. They are so stupids. Never build a good infrastructure to supports their legions.

14. RedRocker

RedRocker Chieftain

I hate 'em all! :ar15:

15. NobleLeader

NobleLeader Chieftain

Yeah, although hating them all I usually have problems with French, Americans and Russians (sorry guys, don't take it so bad...)

French have the strongest culture and it's hard to keep my cities close to them. Americans are expansionist and industrious, and I need to keep my two eyes on where they are building cities; Russian civilization is very rough and intolerant (and big!)...

Zulu, aztech and japanese are very "annoyed" and militaristic.
    But with them I usually play, like my little brother says: "Rip them all !!!"

16. Zcylen

Zcylen Moonlight Rambler

I wouldnt say Persia is the most annoying for me but...
    I just hate Xerxes, I just hate watching his stupid face every time we have to make a deal.
    in many games, my only goal is send xerxes back to hell.

17. Bismarck

Bismarck The Iron Chancellor

A related question: do some AI's tend to become more powerful than others in your games?

In my experience, some civs, such as Persia, America, and Greece tend to become superpowers, whereas others (e.g. India, Egypt, Aztec) only become mid-sized powers.

One possible reason for these differences is level of aggression: AI civs seem to benefit from being moderately aggressive, but not overly so (otherwise they risk getting involved in endless wars that wear both combatants down).

Note that almost any Civ can become a superpower if it has a large continent all to itself. But some civilizations seem to dominate naturally even in multi-Civ continent situations.

Edit: It occurs to me that *my* choice of civ skews these trends quite a bit. I usually don't play Middle-Eastern civs, and hence the Persians tend to start far away from me. My presence definitely has a disruptive influence on the civs nearest to me ;) For instance, Rome rarely survives to the modern ages, but only because I begin next to it and destroy it early on.

18. RobOz

RobOz Whatchoo lookin at?

You guys have been talking about who's more dangerous miltarily in the game, but I will tell you who I hate diplomatically, the Romans.

I go to England, they will sell me the Alphabet for 20 gold. I got to the Romans, they want 28. It's like that through the whole game. They always want a little more for everything and then when they have a resource, luxury, or tech you need, they always act like jerks about it. I hate, hate, hate trading with the Romans.

19. leon236

leon236 Future King

I HATE GERMANY!!! (AS FAR AS THE A.I. GOES AT LEAST) I hate them so much! :mad: I mean, they always declare war. Honestly, I could simply be like right next to their territory and they'll just randomly attack. Then, if I don't givein to their demands, they declare war. The second one would probably Japanese and for the same reasons.

20. Cannon

Cannon YHVH has a son

It seems that between the Persians and the Babs, one will grow to be quite powerful......and that's always the one that I feel the need to SMASH.
    Also, in the early going, Montezuma will harrass you to no end.