The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Oh, if this were a matter of luck we'd hardly have engaged in this matter, wouldn't one think? ;)

Cheerio!

You may have everyone else in the game on your side, but I have.

Stuff. Dunno. Hopefully I'll have sleep soon.

Link to video.

The Empire is finally making its push for galactic domination, after building up thousands of ships for safety. Terrance (blue) drew the short straw. The last outposts of Starlife (teal) and non-NESer Zoom (Orange) have also been targeted for conquest.

Meanwhile Iggy (yellow) is claiming second place from Benefactor (Green) despite having a 3:1 disadvantage in ship count. It looks like it will be myself claiming 1st, Iggy 2nd, and Benefactor 3rd. Short of a last minute team-up by Iggy and Benefactor...

Spoiler :

Edited out: too IC, I prefer to remain mostly honest/ooc here.

Oh hi guys.

The Prophet of Profit something special for THE DAFT EMPIRE.

,-l--

That said, very good play taking advantage of my absence and RPing the inactivity to disconnect with Benefactor (which condemned him to 3rd w/o your tech support). Congratulations- you truly earned this one (IF YOU GET IT).

I already apologised, Terrance :(

Something's got to give in a 4-way deadlock. I've not been attacking you while you were away, as far as I know you've been back since Sunday.

I already accepted the apology. :).

I understand. But still, it would have remained a 3v1 after Monday when I marshalled my forces. Instead, it is a 1v1 and a 1v1 duel, with two duelist deadlocked and in the second duel, one guy stabbing another while he is barely conscious. :)

Good play. If Benefactor went AWOL, I would have turned on him, for industry if nothing else.

I didn't turn on you because you were AWOL. I don't think you could've ever defended against the hundreds of ships I sent against you, especially with Iggy still hostile.

Actually, I don't know how effective my fleets would be, but imagine that Iggy has not only Benefactor's daily fleets incoming, but also multiple fleets along my entire front. I would have maintained my borders at least twice as well as the AI did-which also meant at least 30+ more industry. In addition, I would be investing eco and ind the entire time instead of sitting on a stupidly large treasury. The reason I looked vulnerable is BECAUSE I went AWOL, and because I looked vulnerable did you find me the easiest target.

If we're going to be absent, that /does/ have to be part of the game plan. As it is, your disappearance, plus the fact that Benefactor never trusted Daft enough to put his whole force against me, played a strong role in me being able to survive despite being outnumbered about 6:1 by the two of you.

Although the battle for second very much hangs in the balance... I've spent the entirety of the last week wearing myself thin by having to deal with constant combat, so I've never been able to properly regain my equilibrium and rebuild my wartorn economy. At this second Benefactor and I are 38-40.

I wonder what happens if we tie.

Edit: Looking around the map, there is 1 hour and 50 minutes till Daftpanzer reaches 89 systems. How long does he have to hold them?

IIRC it goes to whoever joined the game first, although it might be better if it was based on highest average number of stars, or econ+ind, or something like that.

I believe that the game is immediately won at the moment someone holds a majority.

Also, Iggy, your ever-increasing parody over in Kappa Algieba is freaking hilarious. Big things are going down in that game presently! Ees so exciting! :O

Link to video.

The last words of Comrade Jandor of the PRM.
The 1:12 mark is set a couple of weeks ago, it's the Government of the Peoples Republic of Marfark talking about Daftpanzer :p .

Boy were they wrong :) .

Top Bottom