The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

It's painfully difficult to tell the difference between Wonderslime's planets and yours, Iggy. Might be just me.

No, it's true, they're both dull, cool-shaded colours, entangled right next to each other. The Purple could probably stand to be a bit brighter in this game.

And Wonderslime, it's not a parody.

Sorry!! I apologize - I didn't mean any offense at all! :) It's wonderful, is all I really mean.

And yeah, the purple should be more of a magenta colour. My friend Dave, who used to play, has some kind of colour-blindness and complained frequently of not being able to tell the difference of a few different colours in-game.

I took down my fair share of ships, np.

I had half a mind to give up and secure third place with the minimul of fuss.

That half was killed with extreme prejudice. :p NP IS SO SLOW. I know I will be crushed if you two stick together, but if I fight back that crushing process may take a week or longer.

Actually, fighting will make it go faster, it's much harder to clear out a player when their fleets just sit in their own systems, slowly building up.

Naturally, reactive defensive play is the most cost-efficient way to play, as you are able to consistently gain defensive bonuses and have very short reinforcement times. However, when it starts to fail, it really falls apart, while laissez-faire defense, as you call it, simply produces a slog of medium fortified planets, as opposed to a few fortress worlds supported by a ton of low-defense feeder worlds loaded with industry.

Sorry as I've been afk a lot over the past couple of days - getting on just here and there has been nerve-wracking.

Terrance: Totally. It's a great weakness of mine, to be honest, but I would have an impossibly hard time giving Iggy a stab at this point (or anyone who might have acted similarly), when I know he has done nothing but support me to get to the promising position I'm in right now. One day, one game, it will f**k me over one day, there is no question of that.

Qoou: I really hated attacking with that amount of vigour, and it totally sucks to fall that hard so quickly. But I played it out so many times in my head, and it really just came down to a) who I trusted more out of you and Iggy; and b) the fact that I would have been in a much less positive position if I hadn't gone after you. I mean, even in the message you recently sent, before the attack... you offered me second place, when I knew there was a much more obvious way to have a good chance, at least, of getting first. It was just the logical choice. :/

Hum. In any case, very good game to everybody involved, because it has been. <3 But, the hypothetical next game will most likely unfold in a completely different way. Best of luck in the last days of Kappa Algieba!

Apparently you guys want me to fight instead of surrendur. Very well.

I have no idea what is going on. Taking a weeklong break tends to do that to no. No malice of any kind felt-I just thought that Qoou will hold you up more so that Iggy gets a lead through my weak southern fronts.

Also, good job on timing that weapons upgrade. Welp.

Why would qoou holding us up more help me get into your southern front? For me, thusfar, the war against qoou was basically blitzkrieg, while my fight with you is much more of a static front.

I see. Well, I suspect I'm about to start blowing the front wide open right about now, given the fall of Albireo and the foundation of the Colony of Norfumbria.

Top Bottom