• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

He has fifteen hundred ships on our only connection, and I'm fighting blue square.

I will begin experimenting with using warp gates to launch ships at my enemy's main fleet centers.

EDIT: Totes McGotes, man, that's pretty gnarly.

Also, if you destroy a Warpgate, all fleets will slow down midflight.

You can use this to lure an enemy attack on a seemily juicy warp, destory your own gate, then mass defenders. Rebuild your gate, and launch a warp-counter.

EDIT: Wow Shadowbound, he really doesn't trust you. 1500 is enough for a minor invasion force. At least it shows he's pretty smart.

Sludge shows better tactical acuman than Kenny, but I still see both as NPC-feeders. I'm on the point where I'll be the NPC Paladin. Invade one of "My' NPC's at your own peril!

I am hoping Shadowbound is saving several thousand to pounce on when the moment is ripe. Right now though, he's just sending me Manufacturing whenever he gets it, credits for me to send him Weapons, and looks like he's heading north, like our original deal.

Which is fine and all. If this fails I'll cede all the Southern and Eastern reinforcement systems to him, the Northern system to The Great, and fight on the remaining front with Blackswimmers as long as I can.

I purchased ZIP on my own infrastructure for about 3 days so far.

Ahh, I understand. And it seems if you are pushed back far enough, Shadow can engage the invaders on their flank. If there is anything I can do just let me know!

EDIT: I think NeoGrendal may be luring me with open warp-gates this way. But since I hadn't figured on being able to use them, it makes little difference to my original plan. We'll see if I get a blitzkrieg option tomorrow.

Hey Daftpanzer, here's a suggestion.

Launch 2-3 "Core" fleets, each of which consists of several carriers.

Once the Core fleet lands, some of the carriers split off while you beeline the main fleet towards their core. Each time the fleet lands split off more carriers. This "Weakens" your main force, but gives you a penetration both deep and wide.

Alternatives including launching a single powerful fleet to penetrate their borders and find their core before breaking up, or launching many fleets acorss the border (AKA most ineffective, even though I used it myself.)

Every war has it's own conditions. I can't see what you have on your front so...

My plan is best characterized by deep strike, find core, then rampage.

He has fifteen hundred ships on our only connection, and I'm fighting blue square.

I will begin experimenting with using warp gates to launch ships at my enemy's main fleet centers.

EDIT: Totes McGotes, man, that's pretty gnarly.

You're fighting blue square already? I'll probably join, I see a couple juicy planets from where I'm standing. But not until Red Circle has been wiped out and I get a few more Weapons levels.

Omg I'm losing. And Blue Cross just joined in. And our backup, Pink Triangle, is held accountable by Green Cross to not intervene - if he does, he'll get Green Cross on his buttocks. Lololol the world is burning.

Daft I sincerely hope you can ruinate Cyan Star's backdoor. So many people have died... And for what!? I just wish for peace!

EDIT: I still think we can have Pink Triangle join, but if we do, we'll be officially at war with Cyan Star's overlords in the south. I don't think I'll ever see peace in this game.

Tan Serrai.

Indeed, their overlord is Tan Serrai.

I assure you, NeoGrendal will witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!

Meanwhile, this video reminds me of our alliance:

Link to video.

War is definitely over. With only two systems and less than 200 ships left, Red Circle is gone. So I've spammed warp gates to create three 24h reinforcement loops in my safe/core systems and a fourth which picks up the drops and brings it to the new battlefield: Red Circle's old cores.

Old wars come to an end and new ones come into sight. Ah, the passing of time.

I don't understand.

@JoanK, its possible that the superpower Tan Serrai will gain passage through Blue Cross to attack Wenatchee, adding a sinister new threat to our current war.

Congratulations on your victory, by the way! That seemed like quite an epic struggle. NESers prevail!

We just have to clear up NeoGrendal, and that fast. Then we might have a fighting chance. I'm sure Zeus can help too, and he'll leave himself open for Ragnark.

Well. I lost. So I'm dead.

That may be your state of mind; however, it is not a concrete reality yet. I advise you to change your state of mind and create a new future reality.

There are many options. One may summon a large fleet of all your survivors and go on a journey, Homeworld-style. Many NESer realms will welcome you, until the tides turn and your lands can be restored.

It is possible. Look at thomasberubeg. I have screenshots of him being down to a couple of stars at one point.

Top Bottom