The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

terrance, migrate through the blue ovals and into the green ovals. We will meet you in the green ovals.

2. Benefactor

Benefactor Beneficial

Hey, Tan Serrai is in the game I'm currently in as well. He is currently in 3rd place and sharing a border with a friend of mine.
    He's proving to be a good ally, keeping my friend teched up and by extension keeping me teched up :) .

3. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer canonically ambiguous

4. Daftpanzer

He's a decent guy and knows what he's doing with regards to diplomacy as well. Its just too bad I got on the wrong side of his alliance in our game due to Angst being invaded. He doesn't know the extent of the NESer alliance so he's got me pegged as a lunatic rogue state, and is trying to have me killed off ;)

5. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Oh god we're ripping him apart. :)

6. Daftpanzer

Sadly I Cannot into Berlin (not just yet anyway).

7. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Spoiler :

8. Benefactor

Benefactor Beneficial

He doesn't know it but he is proving to be a lifesaver for me. It's still early game but I got stuck with a bad starting position that left me split in two halfs that I still can't link up. My stats look pretty decent but in reality they're rubbish. It's like I have two small seperate Empires.

I also ended up sharing a border with two people who know each other in real life, each with about equal stats to me; and a guy who I agreed to an alliance with but who has turned out to be rubbish at the game. It's looking more and more like I've got to attack him and take his industry for myself while I still have some time :sad:.

9. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Whatever I do, first order of businesss is to make sure Shadowbound gets my stars instead of Sludge.

10. tuxedohamm

tuxedohamm Disguised as crow.

NES is now a blob.
    Spoiler :

11. Terrance888

The Great and Blackswimmers are on my team.

12. Angst

13. Terrance888

Alright. I'm sick and tired of people telling me to "hold tight" or "keep fighting" when I say "I'm dead."

1) "I'm dead" is a scientific fact. Unless something really big changes, my situation is Terminal with a capital T.

2) I'm dead doesn't mean I'm going to be wipped out either. It means that I cannot change the course of this war anymore. If he is slighty stronger than me, tactics and stuff can change things. It is physically impossible for me to change me losing to him without the situationitself changing.

3) Accepting that I'm Dead does not mean I will stop fighting, or does it mean I've given up.

4) This time when I said I'm Dead and the last time I said I'm Dead are different. Last time I tried very hard to change the situation and I've succeeded: I convinced Blackswimmers to change teams and I managed to save my fleets until I regained weapons sytems.

5) This time I am also actively trying to change the situation. I am giving Shadowbound key science and industry stars so he can use them instead of me, and I'm also holding off Sludge as much as I can so Shadowbound can take my stars instead of him, as well as narrowing my front and concentrating my ships.

Not going to point any fingers, but people constantly giving me misguided encouragement through public and private channels, though supposedly heartwarming, is really frustrating and annoying me.

14. JohannaK

In stark contrast to the bleak reality of TheAriesCorporation, I just wiped out AndronicusThaddeus from the galaxy. War is over, after 20 days. Red Circle is no more. These three weeks, three weeks of intense fighting, strategic stalemate, borderline situations and right and wrong decisions, are now behind us, and we can only look forward to the next three that are to come, after which another three shall present something new.

15. Terrance888

Our little JoanK, all grown up. :love:

16. JohannaK

Yes. I may put on some pants some day. For now, I'm happy just running around in my underwear. :D

17. Daftpanzer

Retreats and victories... Something something philosophical... :)

Meanwhile, on my northern borders... Shud I b worry?:

Spoiler :

18. Terrance888

Sludge's forces are about ten times larger.

19. Angst

Daft if you position yourself right, you can easily handle Bizzle as well. You have about 1½x his ship production and equal tech. They key is to have Wenatchee hold Graulk back and have Tunafishsalad build a systems bridge to Bizzle. Currently NeoGrendal is a nonissue and he will remain so unless I really screw up in the southeast - all of my reinforcements for the time being are coming from the west, making sure my systems bordering Blue Cross remain wealthy, threatening and mine.

20. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Daft, I'm behind you if bizzle becomes a problem!