The New Cartographic Office of Fanatika

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
...And finally, I wish for the plains between Octavianum and Huntington to be known as The Halls of Montezuma (please check spelling)

That is all.

More to come, eventually.

It would be correctly written as Montecuzoma, since it is in nahuatl.
That is all from your friendly monument and landmark naming oficer ;)

EA

Good to hear from you again EA.

It has been so long since your last post, that I presumed you were out traveling across our fair land, meeting our people and searching for new landmarks to add to our wondrous maps.

Have you anything to report from your travels?

Hail, FortyJ! I have returned. The world has remained much the same way since the past age, filled with its comings and goings. I've come from visiting Fanatika's southern lands as well as out southern neighbours for the current investigation the History and Lore department is doing.
The people of that province is alarmed, they have seen hoards of wild men walking thru the plains unchecked. No doubt your knights and soldiers have noticed this.
Now that all governor positions have been filled, the proper naming of landmarks, rivers, mountains and forests can begin. Saam has already begun to do thus and no doubt the rest of the governorns shall do so too :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Looking to carve out more land already? ;) We need to go on the defensive first before we can mount a full offensive...

True, but it has taken us an extraordinarily long time to get provinces through the process this term and if we start now we'll have them done before our offensive starts taking Indian cities.

FortyJ, I propose the mountain to the north of New PDX be called Archer Peak, in honour of the archers that stood their ground in the seige of Teotihuacan. I shall inform the feudal lord of that region of the idea and see if he bites ;)

Ehecatl Atzin

I would like to propose a border change for the Rhineland province.

I have drawn the new border on the map in red:

I hope this is the right place to post this... :rolleyes:

Cheetah
A worthy proposal. Although, I am opposed to such changes at this time, I will look it over carefully and post a poll on this issue within a few days.

The change looks reasonable to me!

As an alternative, how about starting a new province in the assimilated Indian lands? Starting with Lahore and Fukushima?

Feodor

Excellent Map, Cheetah.

Cheetah
A nice map indeed. Here are some tips for future map-making projects...
  • It would be more helpful and a bit easier for you if you turned on the gridlines (Ctrl-G) when taking the screenshots.
  • Also, if you look carefully, you will see that some city names and other graphical items have been cropped by your overlapping screenshots. This is very common, but can be overcome. Start at the bottom-right corner of the world and work your way left. When you reach the end, move up one row and start again at the right edge, working to the left. Allowing for an overlap of a few tiles on the top/bottom of each screenshot will greatly reduce the occurences of these cropped graphics.
Otherwise, nicely done. :goodjob:

I'll remember the grids next time i'll make a map.

About the citynames and graphical items, i hoped i had fixed those :/

will do better next time

Top Bottom