The New Information War

RT Winger

Chieftain
If the Republican Party continues to ignore its conservative base, then the Party is headed to oblivion.
-Jerome Cors

Watching the 2008 election unfold, one of the things that struck me most was the large difference between the GOP's use of information technology and Obama's use of technology. While the GOP has always been proficient at rallying a base, and setting up a large donor system (seek Karl Rove), the Dems really did a lot of damage on internet.

It's no secret that the internet is largely hostile to conservatives for several reasons (and I hope to remain unbiased as much as I can). It is the ultimate populist form of expression. Essentially anyone and everyone can have their voice heard here, whether this is a good thing or not. Furthermore, as Wikipedia's CEO once put it, the internet's population has been more liberal as a whole; while this is mainly due to the world's population being more left wing , there are some reasons why conservatives have been losing the fight that can be changed.

Damage has been done, and it is extensive.
Wikipedia is essentially run by a gestapo like organization of libs, that keeps a watchful eye on any and all articles, spinning them towards their cause. This has been documented extensively and the bias is overwhelming.

Other popular media websites like www.digg.com are shamelessly known for being almost entirely run by libs. Looking through that page, it is almost impossible to find any articles that cast conservatives, or Republicans, in a neutral or positive light that makes it to the front page, while pro-lib, pro-Obama articles are always featured.

It's like a curse, or a plague, how quickly online communities get rolled by the left-wing activists and bloggers. It seems as soon as a community becomes popular it.. well, becomes overwhelmed with libs.

However, not all is lost. A new information war is coming. As part of my job I travel to various GOP offices around the nation as a consultant, seeing what can be done to help in these areas. Right now, I am almost exclusively focused on making sure that our outposts can effectively tap in to our base.

What is the most important aspect of getting a hold of our base, right now? The internet.

Phone systems are being less and less stressed. Snail mail is on the back burner. The internet is where the future is.

Which is why the new information war is coming.

Libs will face one overwhelming problem they can not overcome: The end of the Bush era. You can see that the left is desperately trying to cling on to Bush bashing, but a time will come to move on (pun intended). The online community will fragment, the deepest split will come between American libs, who support the Bama, and the rest of the world's libs who will unconditionally hate America regardless.

Right now, a lot of right websites are beginning to get traction. See www.redstate.com, a blossoming community of right-wing bloggers, or the success of the Drudge Report for the last couple of years, www.rebuildtheparty.com is dedicated to breeding a new generation of tech-savy Republicans.

With a little hope, a little initiative, and a lot of hard work, the information war can be won.

-R. T. Winger

It's no secret that the internet is largely hostile to conservatives for several reasons (and I hope to remain unbiased as much as I can). It is the ultimate populist form of expression. Essentially anyone and everyone can have their voice heard here, whether this is a good thing or not.

So if everyone and anyone can be heard, but the internet has a liberal slant, does it mean that there are just simply more liberals - in which case I don't think it's amazing that there are more on the internet also - or that conservatives are not using it, and in that case, why?

Furthermore, as Wikipedia's CEO once put it, the internet's population has been more liberal as a whole; while this is mainly due to the world's population being more left wing , there are some reasons why conservatives have been losing the fight that can be changed.

Ok, so the world population is more left-wing. Let's accept that at face value (don't think it's true but I'll come back to that). Why then should conservatives dominate the internet? Shouldn't the majority be heard?

Damage has been done, and it is extensive.
Wikipedia is essentially run by a gestapo like organization of libs, that keeps a watchful eye on any and all articles, spinning them towards their caus. This has been documented extensively and the bias is overwhelming.

Please show your overhwelming evidence. Shouldn't be too hard.

Other popular media websites like www.digg.com are shamelessly known for being almost entirely run by libs. Looking through that page, it is almost impossible to find any articles that cast conservatives, or Republicans, in a neutral or positive light that makes it to the front page, while pro-lib, pro-Obama articles are always featured.

Well since as you said left-wing are the majority, why is that a problem?

It's like a curse, or a plague, how quickly online communities get rolled by the left-wing activists and bloggers. It seems as soon as a community becomes popular it.. well, becomes overwhelmed with libs.

Oooh you're not gonna like CFC either, then :lol:

However, not all is lost. A new information war is coming. As part of my job I travel to various GOP offices around the nation as a consultant, seeing what can be done to help in these areas. Right now, I am almost exclusively focused on making sure that our outposts can effectively tap in to our base.

What is the most important aspect of getting a hold of our base, right now? The internet.

Phone systems are being less and less stressed. Snail mail is on the back burner. The internet is where the future is.

That is soooooo '90s dude. You're just realizing that now? ;)

Libs will face one overwhelming problem they can not overcome: The end of the Bush era. You can see that the left is desperately trying to cling on to Bush bashing, but a time will come to move on (pun intended). The online community will fragment, the deepest split will come between American libs, who support the Bama, and the rest of the world's libs who will unconditionally hate America regardless.

Ok so back to that "world lib" thing. First, you're totally wrong that the world's libs unconditionally hate America regardless. Example: me. Maybe you should nuance your opinion a bit.
Second, "libs" is not an homogenous group. There is no such thing as "world libs".
And third, on the sites you specifically accused of a liberal bias (Wikipedia and Digg), the vast majority of users are Americans. Which means that even if there is a split like you predicted, it won't impact anything since the most relevant sites are still populated by a vast majority of Americans.

Right now, a lot of right websites are beginning to get traction. See www.redstate.com, a blossoming community of right-wing bloggers, or the success of the Drudge Report for the last couple of years, www.rebuildtheparty.com is dedicated to breeding a new generation of tech-savy Republicans.

Why are "libs" more tech-savy than Republicans?

With a little hope, a little initiative, and a lot of hard work, the information war can be won.

There is no war.

If the Republican Party continues to ignore its conservative base, then the Party is headed to oblivion.
-Jerome Cors

Uh. The conservative base is all that is left of the Republican Party.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Is this a famous quote? I've seem to have heard it somewhere else...

To the OP- Did you just wake up and buy a computer? :lol:

I don't argue with people who abstract heterogeneous categories into simplistic generalizations like 'Liberals.' You can't ever rationally say that all or even most 'liberals' are wrong or doing something bad. As soon as someone starts arguing on based on polarizing 'liberals' and 'conservatives' then there is no argument because all you do is depend on the connotations of the word or the values that you put into that word's "pocket"(to use a Nietzsche aphorism).

Furthermore to create a "War" over the spread of information does not bode well for the content of that information.

In short, i think i should be laughing.

You should like it here.:lol: Welcome, we need more right-wingers.

Wait wait wait, you just figured out that the internet is important, and right wing firms are hiring you as their consultant? No wonder they are in trouble.

You should like it here.:lol: Welcome, we need more right-wingers.

11 Posts and 2 right-wing troll threads already. Looks like Pat, Eco, DM and Mobby have a promising new acolyte. Heads down. Incoming!!!:lol:

Isn't this a law, or something?

The right gets radio and we get the internet(s).

Its all good.

I stopped reading when I saw the word "lib".

Wikipedia is essentially run by a gestapo like organization of libs, that keeps a watchful eye on any and all articles, spinning them towards their cause. This has been documented extensively and the bias is overwhelming.

Which is why you cons have Conservapedia!

And I see you're making good use gathering info for the incoming war.
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/11/what-conservape.html
Most viewed pages

1. Main Page [1,894,429]
2. Homosexuality [1,475,437]
3. Homosexuality and Hepatitis [515,993]
4. Homosexuality and Promiscuity [416,375]
5. Homosexuality and Parasites [387,265]
6. Homosexuality and Gonorrhea [327,795]
7. Homosexuality and Domestic Violence [319,073]
8. Gay Bowel Syndrome [305,261]
9. Homosexuality and Syphilis [261,781]
10. Homosexuality and Mental Health [243,293]
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

For someone that claims to be part of the right wing online revolution, the fact he doesn't know what Freepers are leads me to believe there is a long road ahead.

11 Posts and 2 right-wing troll threads already. Looks like Pat, Eco, DM and Mobby have a promising new acolyte. Heads down. Incoming!!!:lol:

Don't forget VRWC. ;)

Furthermore, as Wikipedia's CEO once put it, the internet's population has been more liberal as a whole; while this is mainly due to the world's population being more left wing

Except that liberal != left wing.

I'll stay quiet in the case of American politics, but if you try applying that wonky metric to the whole world, it simply doesn't work.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberalism

"a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties."

Go read conservapedia or ucyclopedia if you want something else.

Digg is just sucky in general, regardless of any political leanings.

Top Bottom