1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

Nevermind.

2. clanky4

clanky4 Chieftain

Communist imperialistic Russia?

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

No. See, it's only imperialism when the capitalists are doing it. What we do is liberate oppressed peoples from their exploiters.

4. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Spawned a 3000 BC Marathon start as America to find super Spain (thankfully somewhat behind in tech and unstable) that had vassalized Portugal and Poland,

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

held Santiago, as well as northern Italy and Rome.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

It also directly controlled all the fertile parts of Russia, including Moscow and Kiev, as well as Anatolia and Palestine.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Its main counter in Europe, I would assume, is Britain, with the largest African colonial empire I've ever seen an AI muster.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

The conquerors appear to be split, with French Aztecs and strangely multicultural Incas.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

My guess on most of the Spanish oddities is that Turks collapsed after launching huge Russian invasion and the Spaniards, who were maybe already strengthened by a perfectly timed Roman collapse, swept through and took over.

Also pictured is Mughal Korea,

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

the likely remnants of a failed British Trading Company, and an Iran benefiting from probable Ottoman collapse as well.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

5. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Chieftain

The AI loves to run egalitarianism now, for no real reason. Best part is, they also seem to run outdated civics far more often than in the past. Saw this.

Spoiler :

I don't know what's worse, the fact that France is running those civics, or the fact that it is 1928 :lol:

6. billy9797

billy9797 Chieftain

just played 600AD as the Aztec, and by 1440 the French has discovered me. Next turn a huge army with advanced guns appear and took my Mayan city. Managed to destroy them with longbow I got right after in their attempt to take my capital. I failed historical goal of making my capital the largest city by 1500 b/c of the plague brought by those stinky European though, which totally decimate the native population, so I decided to start a new game. This time the same thing happen, but this time the it is more historically accurate as it is the Spanish who brought their mighty conquistadors now. They are at the capital gate, so I'm basically screwed

7. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

This is intentional and it's called "The conqueror event", you will face the first Euro civ force discovering you everytime in every game while playing as Maya / Aztec / Inca, vice versa when playing as any old world civ and discovering Maya / Aztec / Inca you will get yours stack of doom for free to conquer them.

8. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

IIRC unless you discover the Europeans first

9. billy9797

billy9797 Chieftain

no, my point is the european arrived at 1440 in both my games, and playing as the Aztec, it completely ruin the historical goal of making Tenochtitlan the largest city by 1500 because of the plague they brought with them. Either the european discovery/conquest of the new world should be checked until after certain time or the aztec goal should be:make Tenochtitlan the largest city until ravaged by the european plague, which is actually historical accurate

10. Shadow Warlord

Shadow Warlord Chieftain

Balancing the conquerors has always been a challenge with this mod. From what i remember, if the Euros manage to discover you too early (i think before 1350) then no conquerors, but still risk of plague. We've been on both extremes where Europe is either too advanced or too slow in terms of researching and exploring.

11. Sinsyne

Sinsyne Up is down,black is white

Doesn't have to be European. My Mayans got Mongol conquerors. In 1330 I believe. I was quite stunned.

12. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite Chieftain

ANY Old World civ. Even Congo.

13. ales_

ales_ Heir

Even America, if it would have spawned before the latest possible conquerors' spawning date.

14. Hightower

Hightower Chieftain

Which I believe is 1650 (or maybe 1600), so can't happen. The Dutch can get conquerors, though. I've seen it in a Rome game where I wiped out all of the Euro and Muslim civs (other than the Mughals and Russia; the Mughals have no interest in exploring, I guess, and the Russians are just too backward) but had no interest in colonizing.

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

It's 1800.

16. ales_

ales_ Heir

You're saying America can get conquerors?

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

18. Makudomi

Makudomi 初春型四番艦

I, uh, don't really post on the forums much and even forgot the login information to my old account, but I just felt I had to share this with someone. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to do it.

Spoiler :

Difficulty was Monarch. Took an entire night of careful planning and praying to RNG-sama. I'm excited to finally go to sleep.

19. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

The thread is typically reserved for crazy things the AI has accomplished.

Still, it's pretty impressive you founded every religion on an OCC,
    especially now that OCC doesn't mean you can't collapse,
    so I'll turn that grumpyface upside down just for once.

20. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Maybe these aren't that rare, but they certainly struck me as interesting (obtained with Knoedel's mod). Its turn 164 and the barbs are spawning, so the fall of Rome should be at hand, yet Gaul is still handing on in northern France (the Celts really should get techs. it makes no sense for them to still be building warriors) and there's a vibrant (independent) Carthaginian empire that controls Carthage and a Spanish city and is the holy site of Christianity (the original Phoenicians are also still around but reduced to their Levantine core and soon to fall to the Persian juggernaut).

Greece is also still hanging on, with Sparta resisting the Romans (they recently got Alexandria back when Egypt collapsed) but I won't count that as an OMG unless they survive long enough to prevent the Byzi spawn.

Attached Files: