The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Same commit as your previous saves? Or later?

Have you ever seen Q'umarkaj? There is always a rainforest there, I wonder how did AI manage to settle there?

Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG

I found this after the Canadian autoplay:
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0399.JPG

They were 300 score ahead of the runner up.

Yeah I'm currently working on it, that's why I ran this game.

Bumin must be an idiot.
Spoiler :

A French caravel got stuck in the ruins.
Spoiler :

The countryside is overcrowded? Is this because of the Slave Plantation?
Spoiler :

Ermahgerd.
Spoiler :

So... the ocean belongs to Tucume, but the land around it isn't?
Spoiler :

Interesting cities...
Spoiler :

Why can I crusade against America? It didn't say but the option was to crusade against the USA.
Spoiler :

I was not expecting this. :lol:
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Haha, someone requested to put this in as part of the great people name contests we ran a couple of years ago.

About the crusade, you can become a target even if you're Catholic if you defied another resolution before.

Can you show me a save for the Túcume situation? This looks like a bug.

Haha, someone requested to put this in as part of the great people name contests we ran a couple of years ago.

About the crusade, you can become a target even if you're Catholic if you defied another resolution before.

Can you show me a save for the Túcume situation? This looks like a bug.

It makes for a nice easter egg. :)

Sorry, but the autosaves were already overwritten. I will see if I can reproduce it.

Sieges of Constantinople are always fun to watch! Order of battle:

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG

With 3 red defenders great city stands! Few turns later Mongols joined the fun fighting both Seljuks and Byzantines:

Civ4ScreenShot0058.JPG

Gutted I no longer have the image as twas on an old laptop, but seeing this thread reminded me that last time I ran a full AI game of DoC, in an otherwise fairly ordinary game, Iceland was conquered by Kongo. Who then proceeded to vassalize the Vikings. By some distance the most bizarre vassal I've seen in a DoC game.

Nobody expects the, um, Tamil Inquisition?

View attachment 521766
Of all the civs to trigger the conquerors, I certainly wasn't expecting the Tamils.
I've never seen that particular outcome but I'd say the Tamils are pretty well equipped to make first contact. I'd say it's easy as human player. Not sure if the AI is motivated to do so however. Was that a 3000BC or 600 AD game?

When you capitulate to your own colonies.
Spoiler :
I'd say that's pretty consistent with reality though. Brazil became the seat of the Portuguese crown and simultaneously asserted its independence and dominance.

I've never seen that particular outcome but I'd say the Tamils are pretty well equipped to make first contact. I'd say it's easy as human player. Not sure if the AI is motivated to do so however. Was that a 3000BC or 600 AD game?
600AD. They only beat Portugal to first contact by a few turns.

Yeah, their only drawback is a pretty poor production capacity. I think their research is pretty good for South Asia but I might be wrong.

Top Bottom