The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

This is less a wow something happened that's odd (though there is a few things in this game like Arabia being alive and having a city in India) but a more what the hell is every AI doing? My GDP is 25% larger then anyone else's in the game despite having basically 2 and a half developed cities. The AI clearly are struggling econ-wise on normal difficulty.

Spoiler Empire :

Spoiler Demographics :

It looks like a great Game/MOD designer came out of Germany lol. If we wait, maybe a very interesting adaptation of a turn-based strategy game franchise will emerge, which will make many players happy. Never has a settled artist's happiness bonus made so much sense. This is a very fun easteregg, I laughed a lot when I realized it.

Gabriele Trovato, aka Rhye, is a possible Italian Great Engineer :)

20230213211304_1.jpg

Ethiopia founded Christianity and built the Church of Anastasis - have never seen it before.

On the current (stable?) 1.16 Version, I observed two funny things:

The first was the Iberia peninsula: When Moors and Spain spawned, Spain foolishly decided to attack the Moors in under 10 turns which resulted in Spain being wiped out. The Moors dominated Iberia until Portugal spawned, and then eventually collapsed. The wars of the Reformation then saw a Polish invasion force conquer Lisbon:
1677270836074.png

Same game, Japan which had NO ties to North America whatsoever, did a stunning move in World Congress:
Sure, the attempt to take over control in Philadelphia failed, but it was a bold decision.

Attachments

• 1677270903829.jpeg
    1677270903829.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
A bunch of really interesting things happened in my France Domination game (started off as Rome).

1) After capturing Rome with all the shiny things, I was able to pop a Great Person in only 2 turns (this must be my DoC record).

2) Barbarian Hunnic Horse Archers somehow ended up on Socotra island (Yemen). No idea how this is even possible.

3) France has a monster powerhouse of an economy. Tanks unlocked in 1672 AD!!! For reference: In my Japan game I only gained access to them two centuries later.

Attachments

• 2turn GP.jpg
    2turn GP.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Huns in Socotra.jpg
    Huns in Socotra.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 1672 AD tanks.jpg
    1672 AD tanks.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 164
I wasn't sure if this could be achieved. But the goal has been achieved. (Epic/Monarch game)

The new order extends to all civilized nations. The remnants of the barbarians, preserved in the far corners of the empire, will soon enter the Roman Empire!

P.S. The Power of Tributaries is something
P.S.2 Didnt know, what romans was fist in North America and have historical area there

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 157
  • Civ4ScreenShot0124.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0124.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 148
  • The power of Tributaries.JPG
    The power of Tributaries.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Historical area.JPG
    Historical area.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
HRE got Protestantism, then war with Prussians, and because they conquered independent cities that belonged to Mongolians and Turkestan, they basically got exiled to Central Asia. And they lasted a very long time there tbh, on the verge of collapse from Prussia's spawn until aprox 1910.
Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG

And sadly I lost the save when installing the new version and didn't bother to take a screenshot, but on a previous game also with Byzantium, interestingly when Brazil spawned, Portugal's Cantao in China flipped for them.

Last edited:
A bunch of really interesting things happened in my France Domination game (started off as Rome).

1) After capturing Rome with all the shiny things, I was able to pop a Great Person in only 2 turns (this must be my DoC record).

2) Barbarian Hunnic Horse Archers somehow ended up on Socotra island (Yemen). No idea how this is even possible.

3) France has a monster powerhouse of an economy. Tanks unlocked in 1672 AD!!! For reference: In my Japan game I only gained access to them two centuries later.
Notre Dame + monasticism + citizenship stacking = free buildings.

Rome gets really bored:
<spoiler>"All roads lead to a) Rome b) the middle of nowhere"
I feel like this should be a bug report. I remember similar behavior in earlier versions of DOC, where one or more Roman legions tried to build a road from southern Europe all the way around the Baltic into Scandinavia, but I thought that had been addressed a while ago. I'm not sure why a Legion would decide to build a Roman road all the way across Siberia...

I feel like this should be a bug report. I remember similar behavior in earlier versions of DOC, where one or more Roman legions tried to build a road from southern Europe all the way around the Baltic into Scandinavia, but I thought that had been addressed a while ago. I'm not sure why a Legion would decide to build a Roman road all the way across Siberia...
They're preparing for the third Rome.

Top Bottom