The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

No, they don't.

Sweden completed trading company apparently; the latter is fairly common actually

That's how the French units got there but i don't know about the vikings. They also got Aztec conquerors in that game so i guess they were somehow expansive :)

Spoiler :

Remember my screenshot about Aztec India?

I've got another one.. but this time it isn't a bug (not Aztec India, just a rather unlikely conquest).

And remember the screenshot about Austrian conquerors? And the one of Austrian S-Africa?

Here we've got Austria, coloniser when Netherlands and England are unable to do so...

Spoiler :

Native Kingdom of Peru. Uh, right. Some AI does not know how to use conquerors properly.

Spoiler :

Screenshot of the old world. I've never seen French Spain before (usually other way round). Well, I've never seen Austrian Gibraltar either, and that Arabia is rather ungodly...

Spoiler :

Vikings are doing the usual 'What if Harald Hardrada won at Stamford Bridge' scenario.

Spoiler :
Completely agreed, Montezuma will be a great pope.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0622.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0622.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 924
  • Civ4ScreenShot0621.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0621.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 904
  • Civ4ScreenShot0620.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0620.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 911
  • Civ4ScreenShot0619.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0619.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 907
  • Civ4ScreenShot0624.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0624.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 919
I want to show you how strong the Empire State Building can be, if you don't mess up and build it in the wrong city like me :mad:
Spoiler :

In Chicago, where all of Spain's population is living in a single city and a city with ample production to build the ESB, it would net 102 gold per turn with Stock Exchange and mall!

Spoiler :

In a more food-rich region like California you can have size 40 Los Angeles, exceeding Germany's population by more than 10 million, where it would give me an amazing 128 GPT!

But of course I messed up and didn't plan ahead, and built it in New York :(

Spoiler :

where all the inhabitants of the United States, Mexico, Canada and an additional 70 million people are crammed on a few square kilometres.

Spoiler :
Or: how City States (especially bugged city states which gives it's bonus to all cities - I'm not gravely abusing it, though, as NY is only working 11 tiles) can make cities of ridiculous proportions (NY has the potential to grow to size 105).
Sorry for bragging, by the way :p

Darn, I seriously need to fix this. Please stop abusing game mechanics just to get me to work :D

And maybe I'll add a cap for the ESB, too, then.

And maybe I'll add a cap for the ESB, too, then.

Oh, if you fix city-states then that'll be enough, I guess :p New York has 22 GMerchants settled, so that's how I got that ridiculous amount of food.

In reality, your commerce/gold city is never going above the 40 cap, I think. Still, if you leave city-states' growth potential in the game and add an additional penalty to nerf it, then yes, a cap might be appropriate, to prevent cities from producing more than 1250 gold per turn ;)
By the way, I just noticed something: does an independent Nieuw Amsterdam spawn right before the American spawn? New York has been found in 1772 AD, which seems rather coincidental to me.

Oh, if you fix city-states then that'll be enough, I guess :p

Oh god no please don't fix that, I'm having so much fun with my ultra-extreme supercities :D

(We should have a little competition going; who can create the biggest city, with the National Park+Opera House/That Islam wonder that does the same, during the city states bug SVN :p )

First few from M/N Prussia load-up.

WAT U BE DOIN FRANCE (Plus Portuguese Barcelona and Rome :D):
Spoiler :

Biggest Iran I've seen so far.
Spoiler :

The Indian subcontinent: the cultural melting pot of the world.
Spoiler :

The Netherlands and Spain took the charge when England was busy in India and France was busy in Europe and the Middle East.
Spoiler :

The rest are from a Babylon game.

Of all the tiles that flip... :mad:
Spoiler :

I flipped Sur and the biremes are still there! :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

I never knew, that Hildegard von Bingen looked that masculine. :D
Spoiler :

Two religions founded in Mekkah. :eek:
Spoiler :
]

Spoiler :

I suggest you put it together with your unicorn riders, dwarf axemen and other non-existing troops you have, Frederick.

Top Bottom