The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

And.. I also notice the lack of Mughal before or at American spawn. That usually doesn't happen.

The Indians respawned in the middle ages and the British never used their Trading Company, the French trading company was quite underwhelming as well. In fact the British were so lame that game my seizure of their NA colonies collapsed them.

Spoiler :

The Italian Viceroyalty of Greece and Jerusalem. (They were Spain's vassal, conquered Greece and Jerusalem somehow, then got kicked out of Italy. They're still stable) Also notice that the HRE conquered the Ottomans, which probably played a major part in this. Also, Polish Chersoneses.

No, just around the world.

Also, Polish Chersoneses.
Lithuanian lands did reach the Black Sea (though not Crimea), and Poland is meant to represent Lithuania as well, so it isn't that implausible.

China just wishes we could all get along like we used to in middle school, that it could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles, and we'd all eat it and be happy

Spoiler :
FYI that's a Mean Girls quote

You don't even go here.

Here's a few screenshots from my latest game as phoenicia.
Spoiler :
These are all legions and catapults... on vice-roy level... I captured that city 6 turns ago with a chariot, an archer and a catapult, and thats how they respond...
Spoiler :
Also,when Bysantium spawned, the eastern part of my kingodm flipped to them. THis includs Ankara, Jerusalem and Sur(!!!). Altough it maked an awesome story (Christianity spread in those cities(not in the northern african ones) and since I was still runing the panteon civic, I told myself these cities, with their new christian zeal, revolted and joined the christian kingdom. The lost of the most developped part of the kingdom led to a dark age in Phoenician history. Shortly after, with christianity spreading in North Africa, the kingdom converted, but it was to late, the easten phoenicians prefered staying with the dynamic and prosperous Byzantine empire rather then coming back into the poor and ravaged Carthagian empire. It took long before the empire could restabilise itself, but the city of Cathage grew alot and ended up being the the most eimportant city in history, being the home of the pope and of lots of wonders, and eventually flipping its old enemy: Rome.), I would suggest to not make the levant cities flip if they are still a part of the carthagian empire.

France dosen't want to lose contact with anyone...
european colonialism stated way more early then I expected...
A really interesting cold war was taking place between the powerful Carthagian, French and Ottoman empire when this happened!
I present to you the kingdom of Yemen:
Sucks to be you french conquerors!

Rather colorful India:

P.S. Check Mecca from minimap.. ;)

Also Viking Mongolia:

This Mediterranean is also weird:

Rather colorful India:

*snip*

That's nothing, the best I saw was Mughals, Indians, Tamil, Portuguese, British, French, Swedes (!!!), China and Ayutthaya

:sleep: - > Me waiting for Marathon America 3000 BC start to load
:) - > Me before opening worldbuilder
:wow: - > Me after opening worldbuilder

Spoiler :

Austria, after having driven the Ottomans from Vienna in 1683, decided the threat had to be dealt with once and forever. They overdid it a bit. And after driving out the muslim invaders they converted to Islam, because that, uh, made sense.
Also, Italians in inappropriate places.

Spoiler :

While Korea starts colonizing one of the more bountiful areas of the world...

Spoiler :

Spot the four cities Poland (them again with their shenanigans :rolleyes:) is not supposed to own.

Spoiler :

... The Khmer in 1775 AD?
Also notice the very nice British, Dutch, and Portuguese empires. Spain must have had aquafobia in this game, and it's pretty obvious why France doesn't have a colonial empire.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 562
  • Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 567
  • Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 568
  • Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 635
Oh, nice. Is that with the Netherlands spawning in 1580 AD? Because since I've moved them there, it's often them who have aquaphobia in my games ...

Yup.
They continued living after their capital was captured (would be a bit silly for a 15 city empire to collapse because of the fall of one city).

Spot the four cities Poland (them again with their shenanigans :rolleyes:) is not supposed to own.

The Black Sea one isn't too ahistorical. The other three on the other hand...

Top Bottom