1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Sikandar

Sikandar Prince

Playing as Indonesia. The English just spawned. This is why I love 3000 B.C.

From what I can tell the Romans must be extremely stable, Tibet got steamrolled by China, and I don't even know how to explain the Babylon thing.

Attached Files:

• civ1.jpg
      civ1.jpg
      File size:
      164.5 KB
      Views:
    • civ2.jpg
      civ2.jpg
      File size:
      169.4 KB
      Views:
    • civ3.jpg
      civ3.jpg
      File size:
      180.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Sarius1997

Sarius1997 Warlord

1450 would be ok, but i see them always as biggest colonial power on dutch spawn, and once i watched the whole autoplay turns(cheated the fow away), they controlled only france, Holy Rome DoW them, took there 2 cities in North France, France defeated them alone, took Germany, and started colonising around 1500, that just looks a bit overpowered to me.

3. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

That is what I see as a problem from the player side from the later Dutch spawn. France gets to or covers the Belem spot before you can get to it, and while abroad that is good, in Europe it is a tough war.

4. Sarius1997

Sarius1997 Warlord

Exactly, it makes the second goal a bit easier, but holding amsterdam for the first goal can be hard.

5. Hippo8085

I was sort of referring to the third goal. In an ideal world all the colonies you take are Portuguese.

6. Sarius1997

Sarius1997 Warlord

That third goal usually isn´t a problem, i could get 9 in time(with belem) so it isn´t a problem, you will be slower, but it´s possible.
    And, i usually get many of the colonies (atleast 2 or 3) by conquering the cities of the american conquerors, because they are usually undefende, or really low defended.

7. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

That's how I typically play Babylon :p.

8. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

OMGWTFBBQ

I kept Persia alive, stable, and at Pleased. Shouldn't that stop Parthian Barbs from spawning?

Also, Assyrian Chariots spawning in the 2nd century CE. :mad:

9. Solzhenitsyn

Solzhenitsyn Warlord

Survive that, and walk away with 80 experience.

10. Hippo8085

Yes, that is one of the things I don't like about the barb overhaul. Russia 6 turns after spawn I get a 15 horseman stack at my borders. That is part of what is interesting about Lemming. If the target city does not exist, they keep stacking up until one does. They also seem to be coming in very large numbers.

11. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

More like 8 experience that don't count towards GG points.

Barb combat cannot gain XP above 10 (unless you're China with Terracotta Army), and my Legions start at 9 XP (Barracks + Vassalage + Colosseum).

Also, those Barbs just stand there. They don't advance into the territories of either Rome (me) or Persia.

12. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

... only to flip to Arabia later.

13. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

Nah. I win UHV in 320 AD. (New Tech UHV) :lol:

But yes. I imagine 3000 BC Arabia starts to be pretty epic now.

14. OrcWarrior

OrcWarrior Chieftain

I noticed that in my recent Phoenician game, the a barb stack of Berbers decided that camping it out in a desert tile in the Sahara is the best way to live :lol: . Same with the Germanic Axeman, they just camped it out in Albania, Frankfurt, and La Coruña.

15. Locutus_Morti

Locutus_Morti Prince

iOnlySign in, how did you manage to raze Jerusalem (Aelia Capitolina)?

16. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

I once saw Germanic Axemen on migration through Asia Minor in order to attack Baghdad :huh:

17. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

I removed its spawn (along with that of Susa) in Barbs.py. Temple of Solomon is a freely build-able Wonder (I think Babylon built it).

I also moved around the capital locations of most Ancient civs in Consts.py. Egypt spawns 1N (so that they will found Alexandria later instead of a non-coastal city). Babylon spawns 1E (on Stone), Greece spawns 1SW (Corinth, Marble), Persia spawns 1S (Shiraz, Coast), China spawns 1SE (on Coal), etc.

I think that besides changing their city placement algorithm (which is what Leoreth does), we can make AIs choose better city sites by, well, choosing for them.

In my game all they did was chilling on a Forest Hill in Bavaria. Drinking beer. They absolutely refuse to fight my Legions.

18. Stazro

Stazro Prince

That's nothing! In a spanish game of mine I had 'gothic Axemen' spawn in Texas. :eek:

I guess it was somehow related to my slightly backwards Viceroyalty of New-Spain...

19. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

I think they are something like this:

20. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

...I hope you don't happen to use those personal changes in your beta-tests
    (Haven't you mentioned you were a/going to be a scientist before?
    I think you would understand the value of control tests).

Anyways, on topic, I've wondered why I've seen super-strong Arabia in a lot of my games.
    Normally, I'd comment on this whenever one civ becomes glaringly over the top in comparison, but since Arabia is dead in about over half the games anyway, it's negligible.
    It does make sense that the barbs flipped contribute to the sometimes really huge Arabia (who I've seen get conquerors at least three times before) I've seen.