The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Hmm, ça c'est un peu bizzare puisque au Québec ils l'épellent avec le ^ sur le "o". J'ai toujours pensé que c'est un peu bizzare parce que le ^ devrais remplacer un "s" mais il n'y a pas d'un "s" après le "o.":confused: Je pense que c'est une ancien forme.

Aussi, j'ai déssolé, je ne peux pas parler le français aussi bon que je veux. ;)

translation please?

Oh, comme j'aime Google traduction. ;)

Translation: "It's a bit weird since in Quebec they spell it with a ^ over the o. I always thought it was weird because the ^ should replace a "s" but there is no "s" after the "o". I think it's an old form (of spelling).

Also, I apologise, I can't speak French as well as I want."

Yeah, the conquerors event just kills playing an Aboriginal civ for me. I know for certain that I'm going to get steamrolled into oblivion if I wait to see conquerors. Kinda makes me feel like I can do whatever I want and build as great a nation as I want but most likely, it will all be for naught when Cortez comes calling.
Yeah, it's quite easy to destroy the invading conquerors even without discovering them first. Stockpile Catapults. Often, as Mayans, you can research Longbows before the Conquerors arrive.

I've discovered gunpowder before the conquerors arrived as Mayans. It's just annoying that the Aztecs usually get attacked by them, unless you vassalize them.

I've discovered gunpowder before the conquerors arrived as Mayans. It's just annoying that the Aztecs usually get attacked by them, unless you vassalize them.

Don't you kill them and settle on their lands? Thats what I always do as the mayans. The europeans I usually manage to avoid with scouts and boats.

I've never seen Babylon be this successful, this is at the mongolian spawn time in the late 1,100 and they are going strong with 9 cities! In my experience these guys usually collapse way before the birth of islam.

Attachments

• babylon.jpg
    babylon.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 998
I've never seen Babylon be this successful, this is at the mongolian spawn time in the late 1,100 and they are going strong with 9 cities! In my experience these guys usually collapse way before the birth of islam.

Jewish Babylon to boot.

If Babylon is too tough to crack the Persians bypass it. They probably got unstable collapsed and eaten by a resurgent Babylon.

Hmm, That is strange. Also, Greece is usually long gone by the time I arrive as Germans lately. I've even had it where Spain conquered Rome as well.

I've seen France and Germany conquer Rome before, but never Spain. The most Spain ever does in Rome in my games is settle a city after I world buildered them a settler there. They usually just send the settler someplace else, though.

Rome and athens can go any kind of way in the middle ages, especially from a 3,000bc start where spain might start with 20+ swords and axes lol. Ive seen netherlands take athens and rome one game even.

Hello!

I'm new here, but in my last game (with France) I saw a really surprising thing. When I met with the germans, I noticed that something was wrong with there cultural borders in the map. (1. picture)
So I opened the MapBuilder, and what did I see? The german's first city is Budapest! But there wasn't any other city or cultural border near the location of Berlin! It was really weird (and really awesome, because I'm hungarian, so in this game the German Empire almost was the Hungarian Empire :lol:). (2. picture)
Later the German Empire collapsed for a few centuries. When they reappeared, their capital became Rostock (3. picture), but four round later the city flip to me, so Budapest became the capital again. (4. picture)
Berlin was never founded.
And when Dresden flip to me also (and I burned it), Germany had no real german territory, and it really more like the hungarian king Louis the Great's empire (in the XIV. century). (5. picture)

I don't know, how often it happens, but I never seen it before. :)

Attachments

• 1. Német kapcsolatfelvétel - de honnan (jelölve).png
    1. Német kapcsolatfelvétel - de honnan (jelölve).png
    455.5 KB · Views: 546
  • 2. A német Budapest alapítása.jpg
    2. A német Budapest alapítása.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 793
  • 3. Németország feltámadása.jpg
    3. Németország feltámadása.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 637
  • 4. Rostock után.jpg
    4. Rostock után.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 676
  • 5. A német kelet.jpg
    5. A német kelet.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 636
Welcome to ze forum! :cool::xmascheers:

Didn't know you could flip capitals in RFC. Anyway, you should definitely vassalize Germany and change their dynamic name to the Duchy of Warsaw. :lol:

Yeah, I've noticed that the biggest city tends to become the capital when a civilization declares its independence. I've played around with this before and done stuff like make Tehran the capital of Persia.

I distinctively recall having:

Indian Perth
Roman Mexico
Chinese Peru
Khmer Peru
Arabian Peru
Taoist Russia and Vikings
Europe vs. England (England was the only Christian nation)
Buddhist England -> Buddhist America
Dutch Canada (pretty much the whole of Quebec and such)
Norse Mexico
English Mexico (had this today)
Untouched Chichen Itza, M'banza Kongo, Quelimane, Mombasa and Yax Mutal (today and the funny thing is the English/British Empire were trying to take it over until Maya got independent and became a vassal of me ^_^)
Angry, aggressive Mali (though I did snag Monrovia from them >:D)
Weak England
China owning Mongolia and Kazakhstan slightly (with Samarqand)
Indian South-East Asia
And a LOT more...
Oh! And Carthaginian Timbuktu.

Too bad you didn't have screenshots :p.

English Mexico is actually pretty common. I've also seen Japan controlling Peru.
There was even one time that Russia's only city was that one in Crete. I guess russia expanding that much would be worth a screenshot if I still had that computer, but I had a hand in conquering the rest of it.

Top Bottom