The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to H1N1. Why do they usually post the number of confirmed cases so far without ever posting the number of people who have recovered from the virus? They make it seem like a lot of people are sick with it when some 75% are already cleared clean of the virus. This is not 28 days later.

Who is they? The WHO or the Singapore government?

There's going to be a big solar eclipse taking place on July 22nd. I suggest you observe the pictures tahken that day closely. Light bends around a massive object like our moon which is why we can see the sun's corona. The earth's gravity somehow affects the light of the sun or moon in a way that reaches our eyes.

It's like a UFO that makes these impossible turns and maneuveurs. They distort light and gravity in a way that makes it look like they are breaking the laws of physics.

Oooh, you're talking about UFO's, now you've convinced me! :rolleyes:

Who is they? The WHO or the Singapore government?

The WHO, national governments, News establishments. They never or rarely post exactly how many people are cleared of the disease. If they do it is usually only country wide. It makes the disease seem so much more dangerous than it is.

By saying 90,000 Confirm cases, it gives the impression that there are 90,000 people with H1N1, when in reality maybe up to 75% are cleared of it. So why do they never/hardly post it?

http://www.armycadets.com/join/cadets/qualifications/
Is this what you are doing? If so it would definitely put you ahead of your peers but you have to bear in mind that you are still young without specific or advanced skills that employers would be willing to pay £££ for. You would be well placed to go into an apprenticeship or to keep going in education.

I'm an officer! It's just that I always get a lot of questions starting with 'sir, I was thinking on joining up, what's the ......... like?' I can help people with everything but pay, since when I was there it was in shillings and pence

Flying Pig unskilled/ no A level types can basically expect to work for whatever tiny fraction over min wage their employer payes so they can claim not to pay min wage. Call it £250 a week and all the tea they can drink. All the more so now since labouring jobs have been hit by the downturn and that was where an uneducated fit guy could make okish cash.

kind of irrelivant though since there are so few unskilled jobs around ATM and people from better trades fighting over them. In fact your sprogs could do a lot worse than to be taught a trade by the army for the crappy half of the economic cycle - rent and board included - and come free just as things have got going again.

I remember a few years ago, I saw on TV, and perhaps the internet, about this Undersea exploration, and they were at the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean, and they found a black "pool" of uber-dense material, and they couldn't get in there. Is there an article about it somewhere?

I'm looking for a Marvel comic. It should be about 15 years old, maybe older. I think it was the start of a Captain America series, and it had him fighting a bunch of snake-themed supervillains. The snakes killed or tried to kill Modok. Does anyone know which series that was, and if that snakes storyline was indeed in its first couple of issues?

I remember a few years ago, I saw on TV, and perhaps the internet, about this Undersea exploration, and they were at the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean, and they found a black "pool" of uber-dense material, and they couldn't get in there. Is there an article about it somewhere?

They are called cold seeps. This will get you started- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_seep

:)

I'm looking for a Marvel comic. It should be about 15 years old, maybe older. I think it was the start of a Captain America series, and it had him fighting a bunch of snake-themed supervillains. The snakes killed or tried to kill Modok. Does anyone know which series that was, and if that snakes storyline was indeed in its first couple of issues?

Something like this? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/serpent_men_slither.htm

Conan the Barbarian had some cool snake-men fores in Stygia, but I don't think it's this.

No, but thanks. :) I think I found it with Wikipedia ... the snake folks are Serpent Society, and apparently the storyline is from 1985.

That's what the link says too. It gives issue synopses so might be what you want anyway.

A small and modest question that is bothering me, so excuse me :p

I catch a train/bus and its packed, theres one avaliable seat and i take it. After one or two stops a full two seater becomes avaliable. Is it polite to go and sit that seat or remain where you are?

Call me wierd, but its been bugging me... or maybe its just me :p

If someone was standing/If there was a couple or a mother with child nearby and they were seperated I'd let them have it, otherwise yeah, get that other seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom