The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so I'm writing a TV show, and I think I'm ready to send some of it off to a TV company. That, I'm OK with, but there's the tricky in between bit - the copywirte - which I know next to nothing about (and is of course necessary to stop them thieving my ideas! :D). When answering, please remember that I'm British :)

So, a few questions:
1) How would I actually go about copywriting it (both the idea and the actual scripts, I guess)? Do I need to go to a solicitor, or are there other routes?
2) How much would it probably cost to get this done? The cheaper, the better, since I nor my co-writer are poorer than dog who's just gambled his kennel away in a game of poker (alright, not that poor, but you get the picture!)

I'll probably think of other questions in the future, but these are the most important.

And when I get this done, I'll post some edited-due-to-language scenes for you all to see!

Right, so I'm writing a TV show, and I think I'm ready to send some of it off to a TV company. That, I'm OK with, but there's the tricky in between bit - the copywirte - which I know next to nothing about (and is of course necessary to stop them thieving my ideas! :D). When answering, please remember that I'm British :)

So, a few questions:
1) How would I actually go about copywriting it (both the idea and the actual scripts, I guess)? Do I need to go to a solicitor, or are there other routes?
2) How much would it probably cost to get this done? The cheaper, the better, since I nor my co-writer are poorer than dog who's just gambled his kennel away in a game of poker (alright, not that poor, but you get the picture!)

I'll probably think of other questions in the future, but these are the most important.

And when I get this done, I'll post some edited-due-to-language scenes for you all to see!

Go here:

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/categories/entertainment.html

They will give you the ins and outs of getting started in many fields. They deal vary specifically with protecting show ideas. Even if you are British, see if Britain has a similar process or just use the American one.

Edit: Never mind.

If someone was standing/If there was a couple or a mother with child nearby and they were seperated I'd let them have it, otherwise yeah, get that other seat.

You know, yesterday I saw this old lady standing in the train. So I stood up and offered her my seat. But as she was walking towards it (quite far), another guy sat on it. A lot of people spent the entire ride giving him the stare. Just how shameless can you be? sheesh:mad:

You know, yesterday I saw this old lady standing in the train. So I stood up and offered her my seat. But as she was walking towards it (quite far), another guy sat on it. A lot of people spent the entire ride giving him the stare. Just how shameless can you be? sheesh:mad:

Instead of staring they should have said something to him. Maybe he didn't even see the old lady approaching.

I'm disabled and entitled to a seat on public transport, but you can't tell from looking at me, and I look young for my age. I always get self-conscious on a packed bus when I'm sitting and someone older is standing, because I worry people think I'm a young and perfectly able . .. .. .. .. .. .. . who is stealing some old dude's seat. :sad:

Edit: Fancy that, there's a filter? Ah, well.

what are the coordinates...you can enter them in the search bar...it will understand them

Thanks. I've solved it this morning, in any case.

Mesousa said:
Instead of staring they should have said something to him. Maybe he didn't even see the old lady approaching.

I'm disabled and entitled to a seat on public transport, but you can't tell from looking at me, and I look young for my age. I always get self-conscious on a packed bus when I'm sitting and someone older is standing, because I worry people think I'm a young and perfectly able . .. .. .. .. .. .. . who is stealing some old dude's seat. :sad:

Edit: Fancy that, there's a filter? Ah, well.

He definitely noticed me signalling the lady and everything, he was standing right behind my seat.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, because you never know. Some things are not really visible, as per your situation.

But I was really annoyed yesterday.

Question: Does anyone know of good references in soil classification and definition?

I need a topic for a speech for one of my classes on Monday. Anyone have any suggestions?

I need a topic for a speech for one of my classes on Monday. Anyone have any suggestions?

Renewable energy, National Healthcare, ad nasuem with issues. Do you want something hot-button or not? Or do you hate politics? How long is the speech? Can you have notes?

It's just a generic speech 1000 class for my core. I can talk about anything I want; the speech is 5 minutes with notes and I need a visual aid.

I don't want to do anything too technical or political; I'm aiming for something colorful and funtastic.

It's just a generic speech 1000 class for my core. I can talk about anything I want; the speech is 5 minutes with notes and I need a visual aid.

I don't want to do anything too technical or political; I'm aiming for something colorful and funtastic.

5 mins? Not much at all. What stuff do you like? What is your major?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom