The Sword of Islam (PLUS) Edition

Yay! The_J and I (Mostly The_J), fixed the video-Dawn of Man screen problem! So now we can have an intro video and a Dawn of Man Screen! :)

I will be continuing to work on the features as planned, so no worries! ;)

Also I'd like to notify everyone that J.Pride is helping me to expand the map to include Greece, Thrace/Bulgaria and more of North Africa (Benghazi), so hopefully this will all be included in a patch or two! :goodjob:

Tell me, why should I play this one instead of the regular SOI

:)

Intro is awesome.

Well, its really up to you. I've listed all the changes in the first page, with the addition of all of Embryodead's updates, up to date. I am continuing to actively work on it. I have faced a little bit of a hickup with the addition of the intro movie, which I've overcome. So I'll be actively continuing to work on it.

And I'm happy you like it the film! :)

Well, its really up to you. I've listed all the changes in the first page, with the addition of all of Embryodead's updates, up to date. I am continuing to actively work on it. I have faced a little bit of a hickup with the addition of the intro movie, which I've overcome. So I'll be actively continuing to work on it.

And I'm happy you like it the film! :)

I am excited for the addition of the new religions, like Jainism, Sikhism and the Druze/Maronites.

I think it should add more of a realistic picture to the mod :)

I am excited for the addition of the new religions, like Jainism, Sikhism and the Druze/Maronites.

I think it should add more of a realistic picture to the mod :)

Hi Nolan08, let me clarify that I won't add them as religions, just quite yet, they will first be events, at least symbolizing them, and then perhaps later (after the map in enlarged) I will add one or two new minor religions like Judaism.

how's the map expansion coming along any major problems?

To tell you the truth Alpav I'm not the one working on it, because I was originally against it. But it was J.Pride's idea, and he said he would take on the task of doing it. After he is finished importing it, will add in the city names, the resources, the new barbarians, spawns etc...

Spoiler :

[/IMG]

But most importantly, thanks to The_J for helping with this!

2 questions- what exactley does the true cross do and secondly, i installed soi plus on my workstation with no problem but when i attempt to run the mod on my laptop an error screen pops up saying"failure to intiate GFC primary control theme.
My laptop runs other mods fine even rise of mankind and i d tried to download soi plus a couple of times but it still doesnt work.

That's a theme error. SOI Plus probably uses regular SOI's interface theme and refers to it in its files. Do you have regular SOI installed too? If not, having it may fix the issue.

If you install it and then it fixes your SOI Plus issue, then it was because it wasn't installed. I've only encountered this kind of error in such conditions, usually a modmod reusing the theme of its base mod but not updating its theme pointers.

Hi Alpav,

Sorry for my late responce, basically I had not redirected the CivIV.thm file, until v0.3, which is why you need SoI already installed to play SoI Plus Edition. I've already fixed this as you can tell in the change file, on the first page, so no worries. And as you can see I'm cruising towards finishing and releasing v0.3 fairly soon, so again, just hang on for a little bit longer! :D

The True Cross unit has two possibilites:
a) it can build a Catholic Reliquary for you (in Jerusalem)
OR
b) it can act as a healing wagon (a supply wagon, if you will). It is upgraded with Medic I, Medic II and Blessed promotions.
Hope that answers your questions! :)

Im sorry Turk that Ive delayed the map for so long but i think i will only be able to finish after 2 weeks or so. I hope everybody understands and sorry for the delay

Im sorry Turk that Ive delayed the map for so long but i think i will only be able to finish after 2 weeks or so. I hope everybody understands and sorry for the delay

Hi J.Pride,
No problem, I understand as I'm on vacation now in Bali for a week, so I wont get anyone more work done until next week! :(

But dw I can wait 2 weeks! :)

Hi all! How's the project going?
I'm really looking forward for this one :D
(And the extended SoI map as well)

@The Turk How's Bali? Awesome, right? lol

Hi all! How's the project going?
I'm really looking forward for this one :D
(And the extended SoI map as well)

@The Turk How's Bali? Awesome, right? lol

The project is coming along well, I'm currently on a vacation as I said before, so there won't be any progress on this mod until next week. Bali was great, but I'm now in Stockholm (rainy, windy and effing cold; even if its summer :crazyeye:), ANYWAY...
J.Pride should be working on adding in the extra bits to the map, meanwhile I've been working on improving the current one. Once J.Pride finishes adding it, I will go and add resources, border/core provinces, city names etc. (which might take a few more weeks). But you can keep updated on the mods work on the first page, where I've put up all the things I'm working on now and on the future.

Top Bottom