The Sword of Islam (PLUS) Edition

You know J.Pride, I would love to do that, but adding all the Maghreb, Southern Spain is over ambitious. I'm considering though just adding Greece and more of Northern Africa, to add a bit more power to the Romans (Byzantines). But already just adding those tiles is already a huge task, and I'm still unsure if I can do it. If someone of 'higher' knowledge could tell me if this operation was possible, I'd be very grateful.
Maybe u should consider adding it little by little; i mean if ur successfull in adding Eastern Libya and Greece then u can try Tunisia and Italy and if that works then u can go on from there. I know this is an ambitious project but it would be alot more managable if u add one area at a time and test it out. Im sorry that i cant be of more help but here is what u need to extend the map:

1) Adding new tiles ( settler map, war map, resources, etc)
2) Adding new Civs (one at a time as u go along extending the map)

So in the first phase of the project u can add Greece and add Byzantine cities there; In Libya u can show Fatimid influence (city flip, conquest etc) and maybe an indie Benghazi.

Second phase u can add Tunisia and Southern Italy; adding the Hafsids and Sicily (maybe Naples)

Third phase is the hardest add Morocco, Algeria and Spain; requires adding Cordoba, Almoravids, Almohads, (maybe other Maghreban dynasties) and Spain and maybe Portugal

Ok everyone, the intro movie is only a few hours away from completion (need to go home and add some gloss). But would a two minute intro video be too long in your guys opinion?

@J. Pride,
I will need to look how hard this would be, because I would be forced to shift all the other tiles as well :eek:
So let me do my homework on how hard this would be to implement, and perhaps I'll reach Athens if not all of Greece and the max.

I will need to look how hard this would be, because I would be forced to shift all the other tiles as well

Why?

So let me do my homework on how hard this would be to implement, and perhaps I'll reach Athens if not all of Greece and the max.
So does this mean any expansion beyond Greece is out of the question or that u want to see how Greece will turn out before any further considerations.

Because my good friend, currently the map tiles go from 1 (on the left) to xx (on the right), so if we were to move the map further leftwards, I do not think you can do -1, -2 and what not, and you have to remember, that you must at all times have a perfect box/rectangular map shape. I will look into it though, as again I've never actually done it, nor do I know anyone who has done it.

So does this mean any expansion beyond Greece is out of the question or that u want to see how Greece will turn out before any further considerations.

No it does not mean its out of the question, I just need to asses how difficult it would be to even add one row of tiles to the left of the map, as even that might prove to be very time consuming.

If you really wanted to help, I would really appreciate it, if you went and asked a senior staff member, or someone who is more knowledgable than I. Or else I look into it later, once I'm happy with the current map.

Also you may find it interesting that I will be adding the island of Diu off the coast of Gujarat, which I think should be interesting especially in the late game, as I will spawn a Portuguese trading settlement on the island. And I would also like to rework the mountains currently covering most of Lebanon, and perhaps adding Beirut/Baalbek.

I would be interested to know the scale factor between Rfce and soi. So that instead of having to remake north africa we can import it from there.

I would be interested to know the scale factor between Rfce and soi. So that instead of having to remake north africa we can import it from there.

Thats a good question, and I'll look into that when I have time. The thing is, is that going westward would be easy because North africa will only have 1-2 rows of viable space, with the rest desert, but Greece will be a tad harder in creating, so if I could find a model for that, that would be great.

Sorry everyone for a lack of a video, I never got around to finishing it, hopefully today, I'll complete it! :)

Thats a good question, and I'll look into that when I have time. The thing is, is that going westward would be easy because North africa will only have 1-2 rows of viable space, with the rest desert, but Greece will be a tad harder in creating, so if I could find a model for that, that would be great.

Turk, I am attempting to to import the RFCE map all the way from Morocco to Greece; I have already shifted the tiles but importation might take me a bit longer because of the difference in the y-factor and the fact that i am only taking one part of the map. I think i might just be able to import the map; if i do i will upload it by Sunday.

Turk, I am attempting to to import the RFCE map all the way from Morocco to Greece; I have already shifted the tiles but importation might take me a bit longer because of the difference in the y-factor and the fact that i am only taking one part of the map. I think i might just be able to import the map; if i do i will upload it by Sunday.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.................:eek:
gee wizz; your uploading all of that onto the SoI Plus map???

gee wizz; your uploading all of that onto the SoI Plus map???
Is that bad or good?

Just so u know i'm only adding from bottom of the RfCE map (Saharan AFrica) to the south of Iberia and Italy. The whole bottom part of the map would be desert; the only playable part would be the Mediterranean. And Since the RFCE map is curved i will have to edit Spain and Morocco a bit

I think I might be able to do it but i need to know if there are any territorial and resource difference between the two mod; I think it will be easier than i expect largely due to Win Merge and Notepad++.

BTW: if u dont want it then it would be pointless for me to try to merge it. But If u do want it note that it will require significant effort in order to move the spawn locations (x factor), edit city maps, War maps etc.

Is that bad or good?
No, its an AMAZING thing! Good work! :goodjob:

Just so u know i'm only adding from bottom of the RfCE map (Saharan AFrica) to the south of Iberia and Italy. The whole bottom part of the map would be desert; the only playable part would be the Mediterranean. And Since the RFCE map is curved i will have to edit Spain and Morocco a bit

I think I might be able to do it but i need to know if there are any territorial and resource difference between the two mod; I think it will be easier than i expect largely due to Win Merge and Notepad++.

BTW: if u dont want it then it would be pointless for me to try to merge it. But If u do want it note that it will require significant effort in order to move the spawn locations (x factor), edit city maps, War maps etc.

In my honest to God opinion, I think it would be best to just Get Greece, Eastern Libya and perhaps Southern Italy as well. You do not want this map to stretch out too far, or else I for one, will not start adding civilizations like Aragon or Castile y Leon, thats going wayyyyy too far. If you want J.Pride I'd love it if you could just get Greece, Eastern Libya and IF you can Southern Italy, with no resources. And then we can deliberate where we want the resources to go. And yes there are many resource differences between the two mods, many differences in general in fact. So just merging the plain map, would be great. And then you and me could rework the War maps/settler maps for the Fatimids and Byzantines, and perhaps PoA as well (if you add Southern Italy).

Hi Everyone,

I would please like to direct you to my new introduction movie, which will be placed in the mod for v.03. You can find the youtube video here.

So tell me what you think of the video, and I hope you enjoy it! :)

nice video really awesome
where did u get the clips

Great! :)
lol, I just found some videos on youtube, and one Turkish movie (which I torrented) and one or two scenes from Kingdom of Heaven and I cut and pasted them, got music from another place to.

I'm putting it into the game now.

I would really like to see the addition of the Sikhs and Jains, that's an interesting concept.

There are also the Druze and Bahai's, too. I just remembered how many different religions there are in that map, it's kinda crazy when you think about it haha.

I would really like to see the addition of the Sikhs and Jains, that's an interesting concept.

There are also the Druze and Bahai's, too. I just remembered how many different religions there are in that map, it's kinda crazy when you think about it haha.

word ;)

Ya, thats true I could add the Druze at the very least. But my main focus at first would be the Sikhs and Jains, as currently India has the least amount of events in the game, so creating that would be good. Thanks for the Druze and Bahai's idea, but Bahai religion was founded in the 19th century, so out of our time zone. But an interesting minority to add would be the Kurds and Alawite event.

word ;)

Ya, thats true I could add the Druze at the very least. But my main focus at first would be the Sikhs and Jains, as currently India has the least amount of events in the game, so creating that would be good. Thanks for the Druze and Bahai's idea, but Bahai religion was founded in the 19th century, so out of our time zone. But an interesting minority to add would be the Kurds and Alawite event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze

Here's a link. I think the Druze would be a particularly good idea to add around the period of the Crusades, because at least from what I have read that they were particularly fierce fighters during the Crusades.

Also, apparently there was some connection between the Druze and the Hashashin (Assassins), so maybe there could be a tie in somehow between them.

Is there some way of representing the Maronites bolstering the Crusaders?

Is there some way of representing the Maronites bolstering the Crusaders?

Thats a very good idea! :D Yes I will try to add them as an event for the Crusaders and perhaps the Abbasids as well; and I will have a Maronite Archers mercenary unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze

Here's a link. I think the Druze would be a particularly good idea to add around the period of the Crusades, because at least from what I have read that they were particularly fierce fighters during the Crusades.

Also, apparently there was some connection between the Druze and the Hashashin (Assassins), so maybe there could be a tie in somehow between them.

Thanks for the link! :goodjob:
Yes connecting them to the Crusaders would be a good idea, I'll look into it, and perhaps like the Maronites have an event and a new mercenary type.

Overall these changes will come in v.04, as v.03 already has quite a bit on its plate. :)

can you maybe also add a more realistic crusader civ spawn
such as lots of rebel galleys full of troops start invading Jerusalem/Antioch on the spawn date of the civs

also if you can add multiple crusades occuring with galleys full of troops(not alot) to replace the units just arriving in a city

if you can maybe add another playable indian civ such as malwa, bahmani or maybe a new one

can you maybe also add a more realistic crusader civ spawn
such as lots of rebel galleys full of troops start invading Jerusalem/Antioch on the spawn date of the civs

also if you can add multiple crusades occuring with galleys full of troops(not alot) to replace the units just arriving in a city

if you can maybe add another playable indian civ such as malwa, bahmani or maybe a new one

You know Alpav I would LOVE to revamp the Crusader system, by having rebel Crusaders who are at peace with the Byzantines walk through Anatolia to reach the Levant, but thats actually quite hard to do. What I've recently been thinking, is to scrap the "reinforcements" event, and instead have a building which the Crusaders can build OR a button which they press which calls for reinforcements from the Pope, and depending on how they are doing, they will get it or not. I also want to have a historical Richard the Lionheart invasion (landing in Acre), with a Saladin spawning also, IF the conditions are met.

India is already pretty crowded as it is. As I mentioned I will be adding a spawnable Sikh invasion and city (with the Golden Temple) and more events to India, and I will be adding an island off the coast of Gujarat to represent Diu, a major trading port; so once thats complete lets see what else I can do.

Top Bottom