• The Rolling Stones

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters

AznWarlord

Monarch
Beatles or Rolling Stones??

No doubt if the two are not the greatest bands, they are definately the 2 most influential bands of all time. But the songwriting is great anyways so it really doesn't matter. I just wanna know, how many people on this forum like which band. I perfer the Rolling Stones, the sex talk beats the love.

And to think I used to not like Let it Bleed and Ruby Tuesday, Bleed is now my favorite song and Ruby is one of my top.

The Rolling Stones easily wins for longevity, alone.

Neither IMO, but especially not the rolling stones.:vomit:

I think the fact that I met the guitarist from Rolling Stones might influence my decision. But I don't know what to vote. :)

I dont see why they are the most influential bands tbh. Though id have to pick the beatles out of them two.

Out of the 2 its the Beatles.

But IMO its the Beastie Boys!

Wow, two whole choices.

This poll is like a buffet menu in Darfur...

I think they're right there with The Who, Led Zep and Pink Floyd when it comes to influencing rock n roll bands.

I also think both bands did their best work and craziest stuff when they were half annihilated in the late 60's.

The White album by the Beatles.
Honey Pie
Rocky Raccoon
From Let it Bleed
Gimme Shelter.

I guess I like some of the more obscure and underrated stuff that no one hears about like the songs on the "Some Girls" album.

I couldn't find the original video but here's "Just My Imagination"

In this contest I'll take the Stones for the good times they've given me.

Beatles ftw...but Death Cab and Disturbed are still better...<flameshield>

euhhhh. I'd have to say The Beatles

but still yay we get 2 choices. hah we laugh communism in the face. go democracy...

The Who

but since they are not their then I pick The Rolling Stones.

Rolling Stones are more tolerable but are not great. The Beatles weren't worthy of anything.

I like the Beatles.

BUT

The Rolling Stones win because Keith Richards created the best news headline of all time.

KEITH RICHARDS SNORTS FATHER

LONDON - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards acknowledged that he mixed his father's ashes with cocaine and that "it went down pretty well."

The 63 year old icon told British music magazine NME: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated, and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared."

Richards' father, Bert, passed away in 2002, he was 84.

Richards went on to warn others of his lifestyle and did not in any way endorse such behavior. Speaking further with NME he stated, "I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life."

[Published on 4/3/2007]

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=10270

Oh Keith, who won't you snort?

I detect lots of young people with no sense of history.

Let's diss Newton, he had no idea of relativity....
I'm with ya. I would ask the young people here to name a band or song they think will stand the test of time in 30 years. Give me anyone who's come around in the last 10 years.

Left that is absolutely classic!! :lol:

Top Bottom