The World Turned Upside Down II

Fëanor;7635933 said:
To Norway
From Norsk Industries
While our Corporation has become a truly multinational one, our Norwegian roots are still dear to us. We hope that this government will continue the pro-business policies that have brought immense wealth to Norway.

We also hope that Norway will use its voice in the Second Council of Nations to propose resolutions that will protect Corporations from asset seizure by Communist, Fascists or any other Ideological Enemies of Capitalism.

Naturally, the current Liberal Government will continue to protect the interests of all Norse companies, though Norsk Industries is certainly most dear to the Prime Minister, and to His Majesty, due to your immense success. You may consider your staunchest supporters to be the Norwegians.

@ All: Alright I need to move into my Dorm tomorrow so I will not completely finish stats tonight however. All techs should be up. If yours isnt up there we need to talk on AIM. All casualties are updated as well as military purchases. I will be adjusting Economies tomorrow. Also the New African nations are up and fully completed and up to date. I will answer all PM questions tomorrow as well as adding the Order Templates.

We will be having a longer break for this update for I will be reverting to the old map and so the CoN can get up to speed.

I'll be on AIM tonight for a while to field any questions.

Thankyou all for your patience (this is one thing you will have to get used to)

Norsk Industries presents its new corporate logo
Spoiler Logo :

A Sober, Retro looking logo, to reflect the Corporation's no-nonsense ideology

To: UFS Federal Court (This is to the Moderator, HS, not TLJ)
Subj: Compensation

Lockheed Aerodynamics files a civil claim and demands a compensation for losses caused by UFS's actions consisting of the followings: freezing of assets, ceased operations, and seized research funds.

The calculations are as follows:
-$250,000M of seized research funds.
-$8,000M of negative cash flow Lockheed Aerodynamics has gotten due to freezing of assets.
-$80,800M for two terms of upkeep Lockheed Aerodynamics lost with the frozen assets.
-$380,000M for lost incomes during the past two terms, which Lockheed Aerodynamics should have made as income for the duration of the trial.
-$200M for attorney fees plus CEO's pay.

Total: $719,000M

Lockheed Aerodynamics will not demand additional monetary compensations for psychological distress, lost opportunity costs, and negative impacts on publicity and marketing, even though they certainly were losses of the corporation.

Also, UFS must uphold its contract with Lockheed Aerodynamics and cannot withdraw its promised fund of $500,000M. They must be paid if UFS wants the technologies Lockheed was developing for them.

Lockheed Aerodynamics will, as it always has been, not reveal any projects for UFS to foreign party, no matter the circumstances.

Lockheed Aerodynamics will also shut down all its branches in Confederation of Latin States.

From: Robert Hughes, Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Aerodynamics
To: General Manuel Arquillo, Chief of the Andalusian State

Thank you for your recognition of my acquittal. We will certainly not file a civil claim lawsuit for antagonistic purposes against the Union of Federated States' government. However, we will demand a compensation for the things we've lost, not even a dime more. My dear general, however, if you know the nature of corporate business, you will understand the numbers publically declared.

Sincerely,
Robert Hughes
Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Aerodynamics

To: Lockheed Aerodynamics

We have indeed looked at the numbers, and we recognise that they are legitimate and acceptable. We hope that your business recovers from the pain the seizing of your assets has caused to your employees.

Greetings to you.
General Manuel Arquillo
Chief of the Andalusian State
Alfonso Guerra González
Minister of Economy

@HS: for the umpteenth time, change the name of the leader of Andalusia. I think that you must have read a lot of times that the leader isn't José Roberto now, because it's been two in-game years since he died. Also, there is a mistake with the stats, as there is no mention of the Autobahn net I had ordered to be built. Anything about the PM I sent you Re: Andalusia's Map?

@HS: for the umpteenth time, change the name of the leader of Andalusia. I think that you must have read a lot of times that the leader isn't José Roberto now, because it's been two in-game years since he died. Also, there is a mistake with the stats, as there is no mention of the Autobahn net I had ordered to be built. Anything about the PM I sent you Re: Andalusia's Map?

Milarqui, I know you are new to NESing but you need to be 1 patient and 2 respectful at all times to someone who is providing you with an optional service (me) of running this NES. I have more important things to worry about then a name change or a state map. Please just hold your horses.

You obviously didn't read my post as it said I was not finished with the stats and that those things would have too wait.

Finally, you will need to work on your orders in the future and follow the template when i create it. It is difficult to read orders that are placed INSIDE of your stats. You are not the only player in this NES and your trifles will have to wait. I will not be adding states to the map. That is something for you to know about your nation and not me.

Sorry for comming off harsh but your double posts and triple PMs shorten my nerves.

Milarqui, I know you are new to NESing but you need to be 1 patient and 2 respectful at all times to someone who is providing you with an optional service (me) of running this NES. I have more important things to worry about then a name change or a state map. Please just hold your horses.

You obviously didn't read my post as it said I was not finished with the stats and that those things would have too wait.

Finally, you will need to work on your orders in the future and follow the template when i create it. It is difficult to read orders that are placed INSIDE of your stats. You are not the only player in this NES and your trifles will have to wait. I will not be adding states to the map. That is something for you to know about your nation and not me.

Sorry for comming off harsh but your double posts and triple PMs shorten my nerves.

Well, I'm very sorry, HS, it's just that the name of the leader isn't only in the orders I sent you, it's also in nearly all of my posts. That's why I am saying that it should have been changed before. EQ also left the old name in there for one or two turns, so I think I have the right to be slightly miffed. I'll try not to repeat this instance again. And again, sorry about putting you nervous.

Milarqui I have some advice for you... Human-Slaughter is fist of all working really hard on this NES. And like he said he's still working on the stats, and your leaders name falls under that category. So chill out and let him work out the kinks he needs to work out, you have to remember he did not start this NES so he still has things to work out to complete everything and that isn't a major detail that really matters to the entire NES at the time being and he will get to that when he works on it.

Milarqui you could also post a map of your states in the maps thread and maybe Human_Slaughter will use it.

Be patient i am sure that H-s will have time for everyone's needs when this gets running.

I hope that he does it soon. Not that I am impatient, just that thing ^.

And now, how the entrance into 1983 affects several important people in the nation of Andalusia...

San Fernando (Cádiz), Andalusia, 31st July 1983:

Adolfo Baturone, former Vice-Minister for the Navy, was waiting in his office for the rest of his co-conspirators to arrive. They, like him, were part of the military, with them being from several other parts of the country, as well as having served under Francisco Franco so many years ago. Like him, they were also dissatisfied with the plans the new government had.

One by one, the members of the 'old guard conspiracy' arrived into the building, trying to make themselves as inconspicuous as their trenchcoats and hats allowed them to do. However, they didn't know that a woman in the opposite building, armed with a camera, had been taking photographs of every person as they entered the building, clearly showing their faces in the negative of the camera. They also didn't know that one of the people in the conspiracy was in reality a mole the Ministry of Home Affairs had in the group, which was right now meeting for the fourth time since Baturone had resigned from his position.

At 6 PM o'clock, with the summer heat scorching the city being mollified some by the sea wind, the fifteen members of the group had already left their trenchcoats and hats, leaving their long-sleeved shirts with their first buttons open, as the hot weather had already done its work. The air conditioning was very welcomed by the slightly sweaty bodies.

"Gentlemen," Baturone said, starting the meeting. "Thank you for coming again. I think that we should leave the pleasantries for later. Have you been able to advance in your parts of our mission?"

Colonel Palomo, from the Western Division of the Army, was the first to speak up. "There are several people in my unit that agree with our position. While some of them fear they might be expelled from the army if they are caught, they are willing to act with us once the coup is started."

"The tripulation of the Lepanto will follow you, too," Rear Admiral Negro said.

"And the Air Fleet, Squadron Three will too," Liutenant Colonel Falcón stated.

As everybody else gave their reports, they didn't know that the mole was wearing a concealed microphone in one of his shirt's buttons, or that that microphone was transmitting what was being said to a group of policemen just in the other side of the street. It was just a casuality that the group had received the negatives of the photographer that had caught all the conspirators entering Baturone's office.

"These guys are just digging themselves into a deeper hole at each word they say," Corporal Márquez said, handing his partner a glass of hot coffee.

"They don't know that they are doing that, however," Sergeant Sanjuán replied, sipping on the coffee.

"That only makes it funnier," Márquez stated with a grin.

"You seem to have a strange sense of humour, Márquez."

"You already know me, Sanjuán, I was the joker of my Police Academy's class."

"Why does that fact pop up in every surveillance operation we work?" Sanjuán asked.

"The face you put never stops to amuse me," Márquez said. It was quite fortunate that their banter didn't stop them from hearing the conversation held at the other side.

"The coup shall start on September the 29th. Montilla, remember that your group is the one that has the most important work, as you will be the one to detain General Arquillo and depose him. Lobato, you have to reach the TV station soon after that, to tell people that Arquillo has resigned from his position, as well as all the ministers in his cabinet. Then, we will be able to start going back on the plans those Reds have been drawing up for the last three years."

"What about the solar centers and the road system, sir?" one of the colonels asked.

"Might as well keep them, after all they seem to be working well," Baturone replied. "However, we won't need more foreign intervention in this country, we should be self-sufficient in as many things as possible."

"We are still going to need oil for transports and the such."

"For everything save the materials we can't get in here the aim should be self-sufficiency."

At the other side of the street, Sanjuán and Márquez paid attention to what was being said.

"I think they are about to come out," Sanjuán said.

"Reckon we should send our people in there?" Márquez said.

"Yeah. We've got enough on all of them to get each out of the army and a few years in prison."

"OK," Márquez replied, picking a walkie-talkie. "Gentlemen, this is Charlie. Activate Phase Two of Operación Riego."

"Roger, Charlie," the voice crackled from the receiver.

Sanjuán looked out to the street, and saw several constables armed with guns and protected with bulletproof vests and helmets entering the office, using a one-man battering ram to bring down the door into the building as soon as possible.

The men in the office had been standing up, about to get back to their homes, when they heard the entrance of the policemen.

"What is going on?" Falcón said. Just in that moment, the door into his office was opened.

"National Police, freeze!" one of the uniformed constables said, pointing his weapon towards Baturone himself. The other men in the unit entered the room. It was quite fortunate that the office was big enough to hold a meeting between more than thirty sitting people, because right now there were nearly forty between policemen and militars.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Baturone asked to the one who was obviously the leader of this group.

"Inspector Casqueiro," he said, showing his badge to the shocked Admiral. "You are under arrest for your breaking of the Treason Laws of 1951, as well as the Military Act of 1945. You have the right to ask for an attorney. Should you lack of an attorney, you will be provided with one. Anything you say may be used against you. Are those rights clear to you?"

"You have no right to arrested me! I am a Vice-Admiral of the Fleet, and thus I am untouchable by a mere policeman!" Baturone shouted.

"I fear that the Military Act of 1945 would disagree with you," Inspector Casqueiro replied coolly, "as it states that a militar of any rank may be arrested by the civilian police if he is found to be suspect of a crime. Of course, your detaining will be handled by the Militar Police, but for the moment you have no option but to surrender, or the charge of resisting authority shall be added."

Baturone's face turned deep red with anger at having been detained. He was trying to make a service to the country by eliminating a government that did not truly have the best interests of the nation on its heart and this was how he was repaid?

One by one, the high officials of the army, navy and air force that had been caught cooperating with Baturone in his attempt to subvert the power of the nation to his will entered the police van that had been parked in front of the building. All of them had their faces covered so that the photographers and television cameras waiting there weren't able to capture their defeated faces, their haunted eyes as they knew they were going to lose what had been a big part of their lifes for the last decades.

Mérida (Badajoz), Andalusia, 2nd August 1983.

The recent article in the main newspapers and in Canal Sur TV's news was practically the only thing people talked about. The reaction of the people was even bigger than the last Football National Cup final, which had been played between the Granada C.F. and the Mérida F.C. in the Nuevo Arcángel stadium and had been won by the Granada in a tremendous penalty shoot out.

SUR
El diario de Andalucía
Last 31st July, the inhabitants of the city of San Fernando (Cádiz) were surprised to see a group of policemen entering the Lazaga Garay Building, where the offices of the Navy Group West stand, in order to arrest several high officials of the Army, Navy and Air Force. According to official sources, these officials, led by former Vice-Minister of the Navy Adolfo Baturone, were planning to overthrow General Manuel Arquillo's government through violent means, as they apparently didn't like the nature of the political reforms that were being installed by the government.

In an communiqué sent from the offices of the Palacio de San Telmo to the ARFPA (OOC: Agencia de Reporteros y Fotógrafos de Prensa de Andalucía, Andalusia's Agency of Press Journalists and Photographers in Spanish), General Arquillo states:
Ever since I reached my position in the government through the wishes of General José Roberto, Admiral Baturone has argued over several of the measures the government has taken to improve the daily lifes of every Andalusian, though it was more of a misguided belief rather than a wish to keep the normal people downtrodden. While his services to the country will never be forgotten, it has pained me that he has decided to take this illegal and dangerous path, and to try and oust us from our positions. The same goes to Colonel Palomo and Liutenant Colonel Falcón and the other officials caught in this conspiracy.

The fifteen conspirators, who had all been part of the first governments of the nation led by Francisco Franco, were directed to the military prison of Herrera de la Mancha, as they await for the trial that has been fixed by the High Military Command for January of the next year.

It isn't known what led the Old Guard, as they were known in the army circles, to conspire against the government. However, Admiral Baturone, as he was being led into the van that took him to prison, he shouted insults against Ministers González and Anguita, among others, calling them "Godless Reds" and several other words that were garbled by the noise of the van's motor as it started.

The consequences of this in the moral of the Army are unknown at the moment, although several spokesmen have stated that, in spite of the arrests, the soldiers and sailors in general have not felt affected by this...

Hospital Real, Granada, Andalusia, 2nd September 1983

Manuel looked at his government companions with a small smile on his lips. This was the first time all the ministers had been able to meet since Baturone had been arrested, as many of them had been on vacation with their families.

"My friends, what Adolfo has done and the answer from the army might well be the first signal that our plans are going well," Manuel stated.

"Indeed," Juan Antonio said. "We were pretty fortunate that our mole wasn't caught. What are we going to do with him, however? It wouldn't be good for us if he is sent to prison for being in a conspiracy he was willingly infiltrating."

"Oh, he has accepted to go through the trial. Also, he was a bit bored of being in the army and told us that he wanted to get out when this finished, so he will get what he wants with no problem. After this is over, he and his wife are going to go back to her old town, to live the rest of the time God let's him have in peace," Anguita replied.

"He deserves some rest. He has had to work next to traitors practically against his own will, and it must have been hard to continously sprout things about a past he no longer wished to go back. He has been very supportive of the plans we have been making so far," Manuel said.

"Any word about the enterprises which contacted us about expanding in here?" Guerra asked.

"The Norwegians said they wanted to come here, and we are still in talks with Lockheed about it. No word from either the EMTC nor the CTI," Oliart replied, looking at his papers.

"Let's hope that they answer soon. It won't be good if they don't do that soon, as it would mean that they have lost interest in our country," González said.

OOC: The thing the policeman tells Baturone is the Miranda Warning, although a bit different than the RL one. Do you think it's a bit OOC for the Andalusian Police to use this as a warning? (I had no other thing to do, as I don't have an idea about what the police during Franco's dictatorship said when arresting someone). To the Americans around here, what I call football is what you call soccer, so sorry, no expansion of one of the most boring sports ever into Europe (hell, Australian football is more entertaining than American football!!). As for the mentioned corporations, I patiently wait for your messages.

EDIT: Let's see who can find the cultural reference! Clue: you should be acquainted with Spanish TV programs to find it...

TO: Liberia, Council of Nations

The Mexican Free State must be stopped and we are willing to do so in order to get the remaining Islamic population independence. If you allow us access to your airports and highways we will bring soldiers and equipment to put down the communist regime.

TO: World

We announce the construction and plans for a military monument and recreational park like the world has never before seen. Honoring all those who died waving the flag of Islam over the years. Accounted for dead include:

World War 2: 166,203
World War 3: 204,010
Ukrainian Defensive War: 89
Somalia: 34,256
War on Terror: 13,702 and counting.

Total DAI Military Dead: 418,260

OOC: Great update. Keep up the good work.

IC: To: Dar-al-Islam, The World

The Mexican Free State does not understand why Dar-al-Islam is so concerned about the Muslim population of Liberia all of a sudden. The Liberian Government has for years oppressed all populations within their nation and the Mexican Free State wishes to free these people from what is practically slavery.

Our main concern however is with the Mexican population of the region. For decades both the Mexican and African people of Liberia have been treated as slaves by the Liberian Government and various corporations operating in the region. The revolts occurring within Liberia are proof enough that the people of Liberia demand change. News reports only report on Mexican revolts within Liberia however native Africans both Muslim and Christian have joined the Mexican Liberation Army against the tyrannical Liberian Government demanding freedom and better protection from the corporations operating in the area.

To: Norsk Industries

We would be honoured if you would like to expand you base of operations in The Union. As you are our neighbour, and a former state of the Union of Scandinavia, your presence is already here, however, due to our continuing friendship, and our love of Scandinavian Enterprise, we would be honoured if you could expand into the more remte sections of Scandinavia, such as Finland and theIslands, Greenland and Iceland.

To: Messerschmitt Aerodynamics

We would be honoured if you were able to expand your European operations to include Scandinavia. The field of Aviation and Aeronautics is growing constantly and we would like to enjoy the benefits associated with having a Company such as yours established on our shores. Our close relations with Germania, and indeed the rest of Europe, mean that we will always support European, be it Continental or offshore, enterprise.

OOC: Great update. Keep up the good work.

IC: To: Dar-al-Islam, The World

The Mexican Free State does not understand why Dar-al-Islam is so concerned about the Muslim population of Liberia all of a sudden. The Liberian Government has for years oppressed all populations within their nation and the Mexican Free State wishes to free these people from what is practically slavery.

Our main concern however is with the Mexican population of the region. For decades both the Mexican and African people of Liberia have been treated as slaves by the Liberian Government and various corporations operating in the region. The revolts occurring within Liberia are proof enough that the people of Liberia demand change. News reports only report on Mexican revolts within Liberia however native Africans both Muslim and Christian have joined the Mexican Liberation Army against the tyrannical Liberian Government demanding freedom and better protection from the corporations operating in the area.

TO: Mexican Free State

A change that yourself, as a communist dictatorship, cannot rightfully proclaim to be your goal. Communism and Islam cannot coexist. The wide variety of peoples in Africa, whether Mexican, African or European in descent all have a right to worship, and a majority of the natives choose Islam. Our nation is for the worldwide protection and spread of Islam and you are a great military threat to that. Liberia can burn to the ground for it's history, but the Islamic population must be given the chance to a vote for freedom or we will step in and give them it.

~Saud II~

@H-S, is there any particular reason why investing over $100b in expansions has failed to yield any increase in income?

Fëanor;7643217 said:
@H-S, is there any particular reason why investing over $100b in expansions has failed to yield any increase in income?

OOC: I'll go out on a limb and say that such GDP increases would require more time than 1 year.

A change that yourself, as a communist dictatorship, cannot rightfully proclaim to be your goal. Communism and Islam cannot coexist. The wide variety of peoples in Africa, whether Mexican, African or European in descent all have a right to worship, and a majority of the natives choose Islam. Our nation is for the worldwide protection and spread of Islam and you are a great military threat to that. Liberia can burn to the ground for it's history, but the Islamic population must be given the chance to a vote for freedom or we will step in and give them it.

~Saud II~

To: Dar-al-Islam

As our main concern in this war is the liberation of the Mexican people the Mexican Free State would be open to creating an Islamic Republic for the local Muslim population under the guidance of Dar-al-Islam. Provided that any remaining Mexicans or Christians within this Republic are treated fairly we do not see a problem with this.

To: Dar-al-Islam

As our main concern in this war is the liberation of the Mexican people the Mexican Free State would be open to creating an Islamic Republic for the local Muslim population under the guidance of Dar-al-Islam. Provided that any remaining Mexicans or Christians within this Republic are treated fairly we do not see a problem with this.

If such a state was to be created we would be willing to work on peace.

Top Bottom