These Fractured States of America - Development Thread

"Fractured States v.11" is written on the folder in mods.

I´m Downloading the file now for the 3rd time. I´ll let you know if any thing changes.

I have suggestion for change:

Apache Nations. change the leader from Geronimo the Medicine man, to Cochise the one of the great leader of Apache. he was a Chief of Chiricahua Apache in the 1861 Apache uprising. In my opinion he fits the time line much better then Geronimo.

just my suggestion.

Still the same error.

One more suggestion. new religion for native: Shamanism. its probably the closest word to one unified religion for the natives.

hey can I add something is that rhode island I saw this on the history channel and well it threatened to go off the us right after the war for independence if the constitution didn't change so can you include that please.

Very interesting idea. I hope you'll be able to finish it work and will try to test it to give you some feedback.

The game crashes and I have no idea why. :(

I think the most recent version is posted on the site, so if anyone wants to test it and figure out the source of the crash, please do so. That is the only barrier right now to seeing this project move forward.

You must be busy, seeing as you haven't been on recently, but are there any dates for an update? Possibly with a map? I don't want to be like I'm nagging or anything, but I really like this mod.

You must be busy, seeing as you haven't been on recently, but are there any dates for an update? Possibly with a map? I don't want to be like I'm nagging or anything, but I really like this mod.

No update till the thing actually works.

Hey Ozzy, I just DLed it to check it out and it doesn't load. Do you know why? The screen just goes black.

That is strange. Anyone else having this problem? Glad to see you are checking it out though. If/when we get past this crash issue, I'm hoping you can help me finish this.

Ozzy what exactly happens? maybe I can fix it I just need some basic info like what you added in since the previous version that worked?

Well I'm not exactly sure when the last working version was. That's the problem. I can hardly remember if this mod ever was bug free. :(

As for what happens, it just crashes to desktop after like 90 turns, or 200 turns. I ahevn't picked it up in a while actually.

Yea, the most recent version is uploaded. Should be version .11. Read through the last 2-3 pages of this thread to see what I've done recently. It used to crash around turn 50-60, but thanks to civchecker I fixed that crash. Now it crashes sometime between turn 90 and turn 200. All the problems that seemed important in civchecker were fixed for version .11. I'm not sure what is left.

Yea, version .11 is the new one. Download it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6854

Your help is MUCH appreciated. :goodjob:

I'll risk the chance of it crashing, this looks too good to pass up...

Just a thought, you should try to get some sort of system for reporting errors up. Not that I'd know anything about that, but it might make finding out what problems exist specifically.

Edit: It's got a lot of aspirations, but having played for a bit, it just doesn't work too well. I'll be keeping an eye out on this in hopes that that'll be changed- this is a very cool idea.

Ok I'm having more free time to play so once i get some of my stuff completed then released on here I'll try to find the bug for you. I had a CTD in my scenario I loaded the game a placed every unit 1 by 1 until I found the one that triggered the crash you could try that with the units buildings techs whatever you have new that might help unless its a map error but I think it would crash on load if it was a map error.

Top Bottom