They're All Barbarians.

Gunships in this game are technically land units :D And they definitely do get road bonus...

The rail thing is more complicated, since rails do not give any movement bonus ;) They simply make all the units move 10 tiles/turn, regardless of the unit base movement points....

Gunships in this game are technically land units :D And they definitely do get road bonus...

The rail thing is more complicated, since rails do not give any movement bonus ;) They simply make all the units move 10 tiles/turn, regardless of the unit base movement points....

Well, that has changed... The last time I built Gunships, the 4 move limit was a PAIN in the rear when Cathy landed a stack of units on the other side of my empire...

rolo is of course correct and my knowledge of civ mechanics is indeed rudimentary. As for the size of map, number of cities etc it can indeed appear intimidating at first glance. Its much easier to basically forget the finer points of micromanagement. Warfare comes down to fighting simultaneously on a number of fronts but that's no big deal once you start playing. The only tricky bit is deciding which front needs reinforcing with which unit type.

The unruly citizens of Lakamha, seduced by bacchanalian orgies revert to barbarism! They shall die :mad: :mad:. The ruins of their barbarian hovels will be dumped in the sea along with their mutlated corpses. I mean, really, how uncouth :nono:.
Unfortunately that will not be possible ,since the game does not give me the option of razing after conquest of that city ( skips right to the "what to build?" menu ) :
Spoiler :

I assume that this city was from our build, right? ( tl;dr :p ... but I assume so since the name is from the Mayan city list ) Otherwise we just lost the variant :D

Ok, just played half of the set ( 8 turns ) :

Highlights:

- Made peace with Hatty and co. Should had conquered a Aussie city before that, but I had other uses for the Aussie fleet ...

- India re-vassaled to Hatty

- DoWed Greece and drove it to their Ireland bastion. Made peace ( no need to be eating WW while we solve our more prement issues )

- Removed the light blue out of our culture map :D Aka killed Cyrus :p

- Changed tech to Fascism. Will get there in 2 turns @ current tech slider ( 10% )

- Hatty and Liz made Apollo :mad: Hatty got Superconductors during the set and I assume that she is doing thrusters as we speak.

My plans for the rest of the set are simple:

- When we get to fascism, revolt ASAP to PS

- DoW Hatty and co as soon as the peace deal expires. I would go mansa first if Hatty didn't had made Apollo, but it is too dangerous to let her on the loose, since she is still teching quite decently and has some good cities to pump prod out. The troops in the European front and more than enough , the African armies are being rebuilt ( sent a lot of it north to war Greece ) and we need to get another Ausssie stack ( I conquered Persia with it and would prefer to strike the Egyptiam cap with it ).

Sounds fine to me. Difficult to comment in detail without being able to look at the save.

Hopefully rome will follow greece into oblivion, 'classical civilisations' my elbow, they're barbarians in white dresses.

I'm wondering if its worth taking a short break from unit building to get to industrialisation. Be nice to see our shale powered factories knocking out a few tanks (police state would be an added bonus).

Apollo in itself isn't a big deal as long as we can march through the ruins of barbarian 'capitals'.

Obviously don't forget Mount Fuji (or rushmore as its called by some barbarians tribes).

Ok, just a last minute question ...

I've hitted the end of t10 of my set and , besides having our truce with Hatty go down , we hitted fascism... so I got to the end of the turn and was preparing to get to PS when I got to think ...

Police State ...
Spoiler :

Or Police State + Caste ?
Spoiler :

To be honest I'm inclined to the second. We are not really whipping as much as that nowadays and the maintenance is equal, while getting a nice prod boost. The only con I can think on is the extra turn of anarchy, but during a war , that might even be a good thing ....

So what do you think ?

If police state is worth 3 turns of anarchy, then I'm okay with adding a 4th turn for caste...

I just saw on the news that the FBI closed down megaupload, which explains why I couldn't download the save... I guess you'll have to find a new spot for your saves, rolo. :p

Yup, will do :D

Those pesky american politicians trying to show wikipedia who is the boss by closing something entirely unrelated ... :/

EDIT current save ( 1917 AD ) here

Goes to show that barbarians can be found outside of civ.

Caste, why not, we just love hereditary social stratification. Once a peasant, always a peasant. social mobility :mad: :vomit:.

For those of us without access to civ, how's the war going.

seems i'm up (after how many weeks ~ this is playing like a PH game :p ). will revolt ~ i think the four turns is worth it ~ and continue the fight

The war ? What war ? :D

We are currently in peace ... until I hit the turn button and unleash the European and African armies on top of Hatty & co ( I wanted to DoW this turn but I needed to let some troops to get to the Egyptian border ( quite low on infantry there ) )...

P.S @ pholk

My set is not over yet ( only played 10 out of 15 turns ). I just stopped for clarifications on the civic changes

10 out of 15 turns?! good grief...thought with such a huge map, we were at 10 a piece..don't know if i have the week available ten turns will need

I think it makes sense to keep to fairly fluid sets, a set is as long as you want it to be. One thing I found was once I'd started a set it was fairly easy to continue because I knew what I was doing in terms of builds, stack movement etc. Playing and posting every 5-10 turns and stopping for advice (and positive feedback :)) is fairly easy.

We should be getting closer to land area for domination. At some point it may be worth building settlers to colonise arctic siberia for free tiles.

I somehow thought we had to kill everybody, but I see we can also win by domination. That makes life considerably easier. Just wipe out Europe and Africa and we'll amply sattisfy domination limits. :)

Ok, finished the set ....

The wars are going Ok. Razed one Roman city and 2 Egyptian ones and the prospects of both foes in the old World seem very dim. Getting to Australia is more of a chalenge, since our naval units in the area are not enough to protect a convoy and most of our troops are in the west.

Mansa needs to be tackled, though. He vassaled France and DoWed Egypt and co in the last turn of the set. He also has tanks. I strongly suggest that we move on them as soon as we can ( that is , after taking the Romans down ).

I also revolted to PS and Caste. That means that our MM is a mess and I haven't corrected that yet. We are also bleeding money from our armies out of the borders, so i think that we will need to get some cities in wealth

Anyway, i intend to make a decent report on this, Just not now :/

rolo hasn't yet had time (or energy) to write up an inspiring report. pholkhero reports elsewhere that life is not his best friend at the moment and he's meant to be up and building antitank units until the mali barbarians run out of oil. Not to worry :eek:.

Sorry, but passed the weekend watching soccer ( or like we Old World ppl say , football :D ) ...my nephew was on a junior tournement and I basically spent the weekend seeing 8-12 yrs old kids playing badly :p

Will try to report today. BTW pholk is up, right ?

Top Bottom