TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may soon be possible for illegal immigrants to skate across the Great Lakes into USA#1.

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/02/great_lakes_added_11_percent_i.html

Anyone in favor of erecting a wall to keep them out, and possibly volunteering to patrol it?

Global warming has given us a mini ice age. I have about four feet of snow covering about a third of my yard, and at least three feet the rest of it. There has been no January thaw, and it keeps piling up. There are streets in the ex-motor city that I live near that have yet to be cleared in four weeks.

Ice fishing is great though. A friend caught 23 perch today.

Apparently archaeologists call them pottery "sherds", not "shards".

TIL: Exhale if you found yourself exposed in space, and maybe you'll have 5-10 seconds of useful consciousness. After that you can still be saved if recompressed within 60 to 90 seconds.

http://www.geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html

I learned King Arthur had a black knight of the round table, Sir Morien. Black as in African as in dark-skinned.

TIT: Yes, taught. My mother thought Vidalia onions could be grown in Washington. Not so fast mama, Alton Brown learned me they only grow in GA. Whatup.

Male rabbits can and will rape female rabbits, and they will castrate male rivals if possible.

TIL something and wanted to share it here but I can't remember what it was and its bugging me.

I learned John Tyler has living grandchildren.

wut

(I looked that up and apparently Tyler's grandsons were born when their dad (i.e. Tyler's son) was around 70 or something, which would explain the situation. Impressive.)

wut

(I looked that up and apparently Tyler's grandsons were born when their dad (i.e. Tyler's son) was around 70 or something, which would explain the situation. Impressive.)

Apparently there were still a few Civil War vets alive in the 1950s which got me thinking there must be at least a few people alive right now whose fathers were slaves.

today I learnt, the more I say later, the more I close to "never actually do it till another day pass". So now, I will start the process of writing my respond paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom