TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have an email just for the purposes of entering it at sites where you don't want a real relationship?
I use Go.blow@goat.com
doesn't always work though....
edit: hey look! CFC seems to thinks it's a real address....:D

Hmm. I used to have a hotmail account used for MSN Messenger but after they made the mistake of deactivating the chat program Microsoft made the further mistake of telling me that they wouldn't let me use it unless I gave them my cellphone number. I should use that one.

Hmm. I used to have a hotmail account used for MSN Messenger but after they made the mistake of deactivating the chat program Microsoft made the further mistake of telling me that they wouldn't let me use it unless I gave them my cellphone number. I should use that one.
I used a gmail account for hotmail's security verification thingy.

Oh, I have a few of those, including the verified one from the university. But the hotmail accounts in this corner of the world have mostly died since Microsoft killed the social network of the day (MSN Messenger).

TIL : British puonds are made of plastic these days and got a see-through thingy on them ! Might be good for the enviroment (less trees being cut down) the downside is You can no longer light Your cigar like a lord using them as Your lighter :D

Also they are better for inhaling cocaine from between the breasts of a prostitute. Any member of the Lords would agree.

Today I was disappointed to learn that Calvin Coolidge wrote a rather racist article in Good Housekeeping about a month before becoming president. In this he advocated the government tightly controlling immigration to make sure only productive immigrants who are eager to assimilate can come here. He said they should he forced to prove to us that they will be a benefit to our country before being allowed to leave their homelands, and that those who set foot on American soil without such vetting need to be punished with more than just deportation. He said it is necessary to protect American laborers from poor immigrants who would sell their labor too cheaply. He also specifically said "there are racial concerns too grave to be brushed aside. Biological laws tell us that certain divergent races will not mix or blend. The Nordics propagate themselves successfully. With other races, the outcome shows deterioration on both sides. Quality of mind and body suggest that observance of ethnic law is as great a necessity to a nation as immigration law." He said that America has benefited from a blend of the varied strains of the same ethnic family [white people] and that this mixture needs to be preserved for future generations.

Today I was disappointed to learn that Calvin Coolidge wrote a rather racist article in Good Housekeeping about a month before becoming president. In this he advocated the government tightly controlling immigration to make sure only productive immigrants who are eager to assimilate can come here. He said they should he forced to prove to us that they will be a benefit to our country before being allowed to leave their homelands, and that those who set foot on American soil without such vetting need to be punished with more than just deportation. He said it is necessary to protect American laborers from poor immigrants who would sell their labor too cheaply. He also specifically said "there are racial concerns too grave to be brushed aside. Biological laws tell us that certain divergent races will not mix or blend. The Nordics propagate themselves successfully. With other races, the outcome shows deterioration on both sides. Quality of mind and body suggest that observance of ethnic law is as great a necessity to a nation as immigration law." He said that America has benefited from a blend of the varied strains of the same ethnic family [white people] and that this mixture needs to be preserved for future generations.

Nothing new in the world.

That's the way the world was back then. It took the Nazi party taking it to it's logical conclusion to make people think that it wasn't such a good idea afterall.

And unfortunately, Teddy Roosevelt basically argued in favor of the Great Replacement Theory. I still appreciate his attacks on trusts, and his efforts to create and protect national parks, but it just goes to show that there are very few people in the past, if any, who are completely admirable.

And unfortunately, Teddy Roosevelt basically argued in favor of the Great Replacement Theory. I still appreciate his attacks on trusts, and his efforts to create and protect national parks, but it just goes to show that there are very few people in the past, if any, who are completely admirable.
Why should we hold long dead people to modern standards?

I use Go.blow@goat.com
doesn't always work though....
edit: hey look! CFC seems to thinks it's a real address....:D
If you use anything@example.com that is defined in the email (?) RFC to be an example, and so delivery should not be attempted. This should mean there is less traffic on the network, with all the "not known at this address" emails bouncing about if you use a random email address. Probably better for the environment or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom