TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work someplace where the sound system played an muzak version of Light My Fire.

The horror... the horror...

*pats Cutlass on the shoulder until the shivers go away*

Yeah, hearing a muzak version of Pink Floyd in an elevator always creeps me out.

TIL that the city Lagos is the 5th economy of Africa

Yes, Nigeria is immense.

TIL that the HTTP code 418 indicates that a teapot received a request to brew coffee, yet it is a teapot and is unable to do so. It's an April Fools joke by the group that defined HTTP standards but apparently can be returned by servers if set up that way.

Edit: Also I found this: https://www.google.com/teapot

Last edited:
sadly til one of my heroes has pancreatic cancer

at the age of 83 Bob Gibson will start in with chemo (thats still our only defense?) this coming week. Twice a cy young winner and World Series MVP, in '68 Mr Gibson had a 1.12 ERA with 13 shut outs. I did get to see him pitch as a kid.

dont crowd him at the plate, he owns the inner half

sadly til one of my heroes has pancreatic cancer

at the age of 83 Bob Gibson will start in with chemo (thats still our only defense?) this coming week. Twice a cy young winner and World Series MVP, in '68 Mr Gibson had a 1.12 ERA with 13 shut outs. I did get to see him pitch as a kid.

dont crowd him at the plate, he owns the inner half
My daughter and her husband have a cat named Bob Gibson. He grew up in St. Louis. (both Nick and the cat)

I'm not sure when that paywall went up but I was originally able to read the whole thing.

EDIT: Didn't have to enter my email either.

Ah, nevermind, I assumed it was a paywall but I refuse to enter my email address on principle
Don't you have an email just for the purposes of entering it at sites where you don't want a real relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom