Tune in Dec. 6 to watch prop. 8 be struck down

I could've sworn Domination was in favor of gay marriage. I guess he's reverting back to his fundamentalist tendencies recently.

I am disappoint.

Simple answer - sheep don't have human rights. Next?

The 9th has a track record of being fairly lib, and then being overturned by SCOTUS. Regardless of the finding, plan on this going all the way up to SCOTUS for final review. This is merely just another stepping stone on the way there.

And go down 5-4 'cause Kennedy as all gay rights all the time.

Read the Bible. The Lord is my Shephard and the Lord is married to the sheep of Israel. Marriage to sheep is justified by the Bible.

By god. :crazyeye:

The day Dommination supports gay marrages would be the day hell fezzes over.

What can I say? I am a glass half full kind of guy. ;)

Even in a world filled with people wearing jade colored glasses?

I wonder why the Religious Right never complains that a ban on gay marriage allows the state to intervene in the affairs of religious groups, in that it is preventing them from conducting legal wedding ceremonies? That seems like a rather wilful double standard, if I may say so.

Because only the minority of religious groups will marry gays, and of course, minorities can be thrown under the bus when a specific majority sees fit. :rolleyes:

Though yes, I always asked the same question. They may not be as rampant as the anti-gay churches, but there are pro-gay religious groups that have their rights infringed upon by big government conservatism.

The day Dommination supports gay marrages would be the day hell fezzes over.

Actually, CivG, people's views can change a lot over the course of their life - the deeply religious can become atheists, liberals can become conservatives, conservatives liberals... it's very possible that someday Dommy's views will change, just as mine, yours, or anyone else's would.

Of course, reverse psychology dictates that people will make a point to resist change if you indicate that it's likely to happen. So, best to keep quiet on changes. ;)

What if in 30 years people who are attracted to animals complain they have the "Right" to marry their sheep? What then?

And if we let blacks marry whites the white race/marriage will be destroyed! Oh. Wait.

Read the Bible. The Lord is my Shepherd and the Lord is married to the sheep of Israel. Marriage to sheep is justified by the Bible.

Human rights trump religious doctrine, you know. Unfortunately, many people don't know that.

Read the Bible. The Lord is my Shepherd and the Lord is married to the sheep of Israel. Marriage to sheep is justified by the Bible.

HA! I finally beat Jollyroger to a humorous observation. I can retire from CFC now, see ya guys! :lol:

It's always nice to see a "strict constitutionalist" stand by something that seems to be unconstitutional.

I'm pretty sure it's already been ruled once that bans on gay marriage aren't unconstitutional.

And that would be the point of this thread, you know?

I'm pretty sure it's already been ruled once that bans on gay marriage aren't unconstitutional.

I am pretty certain that a certain judge named Taney ruled that African American's can't sue either.

Not by the Supreme Court. Lower courts are mixed, just as they are on many issues before the Supremes weigh in.

As Baker v. Nelson is still binding precedent, that makes it kind of hard for any court other than SCOTUS to say that bans on gay marriage violate the U.S. Constitution.

I am pretty certain that a certain judge named Taney ruled that African American's can't sue either.

But you know, once something is ruled on, it becomes settled law. Or didn't you know?

Top Bottom