Turn planning

Next turn, I'm pretty sure. Just a preventitive move, as always...

My heart almost stopped beating, pal.

Next turn the settler will complete...

Settler completes in two turns, unless you change one of the food tiles to a forest tile. But, if you do that, we are still negetive 1gpt and you move construction out to 13 turns instead of 12. Save the gold, keep Construction at 12, and wait an extra turn for the Settler.

I knew you wouldn't debate it. :rolleyes:

I knew you wouldn't debate it. :rolleyes:

You know, I am really trying to stay cool with you. If your proposal had been a subject to debate, I had supported such a debate. But please look at the following and rethink your proposal.

This is how Aerie looks after my turn:

Our capital is producing 7 spt and will grow (at the beginning of) next turn. The settler needs 9 shields to complete. The governor will allocate the next citizen to the forrest, as focus is laid on production. This will add two spt to the production. And these two shields will be assigned at the very beginning of the turn. That means 9 shields go into the bin and the settler will comlete next turn and Aerie will go to size 4.

And this is how it would look after your proposal:

The differences:

39 bpt vs. 40 bpt (-1 research)
+1 gpt vs. -1 gpt (+2 gold)
+1 fpt vs. +5 fpt (-4 food)

Furthermore the settler could not complete next turn and we would have a further waste of shields the turn after next.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate.

Attachments

• turn70 Aerie.jpg
    turn70 Aerie.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 131
  • turn70 Aerie for explanation.jpg
    turn70 Aerie for explanation.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 156
If that settler in Aquila completes next turn due to the chop, we will found THREE!! new towns in two turns!!!

I had a thought on wonders lately and I would like to do the following:

My thought is to make Aerie a big center of commerce. Therefore I propose to build two wonders there:

1. The Collossus (for the additional commerce per tile).
2. Mausoleum of Mausolos. (to let Aerie grow without getting unhappy).

My arguments:

- Both wonders just cost 200 shields, thus can be built quickly
- Collossus get not obsolete before flight and can be very effective in a size 12 city.
- The Mausoleum never gets obsolete and add 3 content faces, which let the city grow to size 12 under Republic.
- Both wonders become tourist attractions and gain additonal commerce (This effect might be limited due depending on the completion date).
- Compared to other towns (like Beizjagd), Aerie has lots of river tiles, which of course enhance the benefit.
- The combinatinon of these two wonders triggers our GA, which would be around the early MA. That would be perfect to get to Education and Astronomy quickly and build universities and Copernicus' in the Aerie, even further enhancing its capability!!

Comments?

I don't think the Mausoleum is necessary for happiness in Aerie. I assume we want all our core cities to be size 12 - Aerie will need less on the luxury slider than the other cities already because of its high income tiles and lack of corruption.

What are other options for starting our GA?

I don't think the Mausoleum is necessary for happiness in Aerie. I assume we want all our core cities to be size 12 - Aerie will need less on the luxury slider than the other cities already because of its high income tiles and lack of corruption.

What are other options for starting our GA?

The only other wonder in the AA would be GLib, but I am sure we do not want that. The next one would be Newton at the end of the MA.

Other than that only our Dromons, of course.

Good idea on the Colossus, but I agree with Chamnix that happiness shouldn't be too problematic.

I think war will come around a good time for our GA. If we cooperate with Anarchy much beyond the AA, the Brotherhood will be forced to invade them, and if we don't, it should be because we're invading the other continent.

When do you want to build the Colossus and take the settler factory offline?

When do you want to build the Colossus and take the settler factory offline?

That is a good question. I do not really now. Basically I would think about the time, we change to Republic. That mean about two more settlers and then production. Under Republic, the corruption should get reduced seberely, so we can use another town as settler factory!?

I would liek to hear proposals on that.

How easy/difficult do you think it will be to start our GA with a dromon against humans? It seems as if our enemies could make it almost impossible, but I don't think they will. There will probably be ships acting as lookouts that we can sink to start a war. If we need to fall back on the MoM, then we can, but it should probably be somewhere other than Aerie.

I think Aerie should continue producing settlers up through our revolt. That should give us close to enough settlers to fill our continent up to the choke points. After that, we need to decide whether we want to continue south or settle other islands. Settlers for those can come from The Hatchery (a settler every 6 turns without a granary) and occasional cash rushing from corrupt towns.

After Republic, Aerie has the ability to build one-turn workers!! I think it would be criminal to fail to take full advantage of this. I would like to see Aerie produce a worker a turn for about 25 turns post-revolt. At this point, with appropriate irrigation, our core cities should be close to or at size 7. We can add 5 workers to each core city to bring all of them to size 12 at once, and then we can do absolutely anything we want.

This approach would risk losing the Colossus, and we would have severe unit costs for a while, but I think it would definitely pay off hugely.

How easy/difficult do you think it will be to start our GA with a dromon against humans? It seems as if our enemies could make it almost impossible, but I don't think they will. There will probably be ships acting as lookouts that we can sink to start a war. If we need to fall back on the MoM, then we can, but it should probably be somewhere other than Aerie.

Actually the good thing about the Dromon is that they are usefull until destroyers show up (I do not think anybody will research ironclads). So we are very flexible on this.

I think Aerie should continue producing settlers up through our revolt. That should give us close to enough settlers to fill our continent up to the choke points. After that, we need to decide whether we want to continue south or settle other islands. Settlers for those can come from The Hatchery (a settler every 6 turns without a granary) and occasional cash rushing from corrupt towns.

After Republic, Aerie has the ability to build one-turn workers!! I think it would be criminal to fail to take full advantage of this. I would like to see Aerie produce a worker a turn for about 25 turns post-revolt. At this point, with appropriate irrigation, our core cities should be close to or at size 7. We can add 5 workers to each core city to bring all of them to size 12 at once, and then we can do absolutely anything we want.

This approach would risk losing the Colossus, and we would have severe unit costs for a while, but I think it would definitely pay off hugely.

Now that is an interesting idea actually. :goodjob:

We are not in a hurry to decide, so we can develop our plan carefully.

@Chamnix:

I attached two screenies of Aerie in the SotE thread. Please explain how to get a 1 turn worker factory in The Aerie. I do not see it.

We need another irrigated BG instead of one of the irrigated grasslands in your picture. I was hoping one or both forests would be BGs so we didn't have to irrigate our mines, but we can use the one NW of The Hatchery if necessary. That gives us +10 fpt and +6 spt at size 6. On growth to size 7, the governor assigns the new citizen to the (mined) hill SE of Aerie for 3 more shields, and the city center produces an extra shield at size 7 to bring us to 10 total.

After that, we need to decide whether we want to continue south or settle other islands.

My suggestion would be to continue south. The islands should be relatively easy for us to capture later (if necessary) since we can block reinforcements with our dromons.

We need another irrigated BG instead of one of the irrigated grasslands in your picture. I was hoping one or both forests would be BGs so we didn't have to irrigate our mines, but we can use the one NW of The Hatchery if necessary. That gives us +10 fpt and +6 spt at size 6. On growth to size 7, the governor assigns the new citizen to the (mined) hill SE of Aerie for 3 more shields, and the city center produces an extra shield at size 7 to bring us to 10 total.

If this really works out, we would get 4 "virtual" shields every turn. Then, I have to agree that this would be fantastic and a real baby boom eventually. We can make use of the workers to improve our territory and then give a real boost to all core cities. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom