Two bomb blasts during the Boston Marathon

For painless killing, it would be far better to go with nitrogen gassing though.

And you can save a lot of money if you put multiple people in the same chamber.

Just because I think a rabid dog needs to be put down doesn't mean I want it done slow....causing pain isn't a requirement of the desired end result.

Hmm. This is a human being you're talking about here, you know?

But my question remains unanswered: why don't you want "it done slow"?

What difference does it make to you one way or the other?

I can understand "causing pain isn't a requirement", but that doesn't explain why avoiding pain would be a requirement.

And you can save a lot of money if you put multiple people in the same chamber.
One would save a lot more by reducing the appeals process for people who are sentenced to death.

Or, since the U.S. isn't that irresponsible, just sentence people to life in prison. That's economically far cheaper.

Wouldn't you then be jailing a lot more innocent people,considering how many have been saved by those appeals?

I think that's one of the better arguments for death penalty: the increased scrutiny given to capital cases means that innocents are more likely to be exonerated, and more quickly, than if they were sentenced to life or a long finite term.

Hmm. This is a human being you're talking about here, you know?

But my question remains unanswered: why don't you want "it done slow"?

What difference does it make to you one way or the other?

I can understand "causing pain isn't a requirement", but that doesn't explain why avoiding pain would be a requirement.

I'm talking about a person who knowingly planned to kill as many innocent people as possible in a terrorist attack. Personally, I think a rabid dog more deserving of mercy.

As to your question about 'doing it slow'. Doing is slow is inefficient. If I were in charge, it would be one round, right in the skull and call it good. If that didn't work, the simply repeat until desired result is achieved. Cheap, efficient, effective, and presumably pretty darn painless.

I'm talking about a person who knowingly planned to kill as many innocent people as possible in a terrorist attack. Personally, I think a rabid dog more deserving of mercy.

As to your question about 'doing it slow'. Doing is slow is inefficient. If I were in charge, it would be one round, right in the skull and call it good. If that didn't work, the simply repeat until desired result is achieved. Cheap, efficient, effective, and presumably pretty darn painless.

...so the plan is to make him a martyr?

Odds are if that's the situation, he'll be considered one whether you kill him or not. Either a live hero or a dead martyr. Of those two, for someone that tried to kill as many innocent people they could, i'll take dead martyr any day of the week.

His execution, and disposal of the body will be done quietly and secretly.
Only ISIS dose extravagant execution videos.

Destroy all humans? Make me world leader and gibe me all the nukes already!

Boom, mushroom clouds for everyone to see! The unbelievable beauty.

Odds are if that's the situation, he'll be considered one whether you kill him or not. Either a live hero or a dead martyr. Of those two, for someone that tried to kill as many innocent people they could, i'll take dead martyr any day of the week.

I don't think so. There's a big difference between what they perceive as a hero's death and whatever number of virgins as an immediate reward and several long decades locked up in a cell, until one day they die cold, alone, and forgotten and the rest of the world opens up a browser tab and is amazed that person was still alive. Well, until yesterday.

And one of those options doesn't spit in the face of a state that hasn't executed anyone since 1947.

Top Bottom