Unit requests thread

um, right..

here's the problem, i'm not a computer guy, i just really like this game and would like to have this unit in it. so i have no idea what you just said.

Take his file, then copy what is in it into the file named CIV4UnitInfos.xml in the Assets\XML\Units folder at the end just after the last time it says </unitinfo>. Then, change the bit which says UNITCLASS_AIRSHIP to UNITCLASS_ZEPPELIN, and where it says UNIT_AIRSHIP to UNIT_ZEPPELIN, then go into another file in the same folder called CIV4unitClassInfos and add the following text just after the last </unitclassinfo> tag:

<UnitClassInfo>
<Type>UNITCLASS_ZEPPELIN</Type>
<Description>Transport Airship</Description>
<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
<iInstanceCostModifier>0</iInstanceCostModifier>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_ZEPPELIN</DefaultUnit>
</UnitClassInfo>

um, right..

here's the problem, i'm not a computer guy, i just really like this game and would like to have this unit in it. so i have no idea what you just said.

Sorry I was to unprecise. Flying pig explained it very well.:goodjob:

This is normal, if you create a new mod. Copy the files you would like to change into the mod folder and than paste the text flying pig wrote above.

ok, id id all that, but i still don't have the unit in the game

i'm sorry to be a hassle to you guys, this just isn't my feild.

If I'm not mistaken, I think The Capo made one for his Israel pack. If it wasn't him, I'm sure I've seen one somewhere.

I have one in my mod, but its the slinger from the Alexander Scenario in Warlords (I think), I might make one for my new mod because I'm doing a whole new Israelite set, but right now I have an archer rather than a slinger. We'll see what I come up with though... no promises...

hey guys

I'm making a small mod with some extra corporations (for bts rom) and I was wondering if anyone could help me paste the dds logoes that I made onto the executives suitcases. (or tell me how its done)

The corps are :
MoonBean Coffeeshop
Emperors Clothing
Big MacDowells
Mall Wart
Adventure Tours

thanx

ok, id id all that, but i still don't have the unit in the game

i'm sorry to be a hassle to you guys, this just isn't my feild.

I'm sorry, too, because I am not good at explaining. Did you paste the texts in the normal xml-Asset, or did you use the custom asset or a mod folder? If you use the mod folder, you have to load the mod first, before you can use the unit.

hey guys

I'm making a small mod with some extra corporations (for bts rom) and I was wondering if anyone could help me paste the dds logoes that I made onto the executives suitcases. (or tell me how its done)

The corps are :
MoonBean Coffeeshop
Emperors Clothing
Big MacDowells
Mall Wart
Adventure Tours

thanx

Edit the .nif file - use Blender or NifSkope.

hey guys

The corps are :
MoonBean Coffeeshop
Emperors Clothing
Big MacDowells
Mall Wart
Adventure Tours

thanx

If you already made dds logos for them, Im guessing you have program to open up dds files. All you need to do is open one of the corporate executive dds texture file and paste your logo on his briefcase. Then if you keep each of your new execs in seperate folders, with their pasted logo dds, they will use your new texture without you haveing to change anything in the nif or the name of your dds.

Top Bottom